cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

New_Member_Monday.jpg

Hello BIC! We are starting this thread and updating it the first Monday of every month to welcome all of our new BIC Members and show them some love. If you happen to see anyone who is new to the community feel free to share this thread with them!

Maybe you are new to the Beauty Insider Community and still figuring it out, or maybe you’ve been here for a while but haven’t had the chance to say hello! Either way, we want to welcome you into our beauty-loving family, so don’t be shy- pop in and introduce yourself!  We’re already happy to e-meet you. 🙂

New members! Please reply below to introduce yourself and tell us: If you could splurge on any beauty product for yourself this season, what would it be? Use the "#" symbol to tag it in your response. 😊

Tags:

Re: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Welcome to BIC, @MinhTuan !

@MinhTuan Welcome to BIC.  Hope you enjoy the great information shared within the community, 

@MinhTuan @Welcome to BIC!

Happy New Member Monday, BIC! On the first Monday of every month we like to welcome any and all new members to the Beauty Insider Community. If you've recently discovered the BIC, or want to start posting after lurking for a while, now is the perfect time to do so! We can't wait to meet you~ 😊

Anonymous Insider

Hi there everyone!

I’m so excited to be a part of the BIC.  I’m a newbie to makeup.    I’m a forty-something trans (mtf) looking to start learning the basics of makeup and skincare.  Would love to learn about your routines and recommendations!   I love Sephora and it’s supportive community.   Thank you all!

hugs, Ashley

@Anonymous ,

Welcome to BIC!  I hope that you will like being here!

Welcome aboard, @Anonymous ! If you haven't yet, check out Skincare Routine of the Day where some of us post our current skincare routines. We'd love to have you join in! 🙂 

Hi Ashley!

I'm new here myself, but not so new to makeup- kind of. I'm 32 and have had a very good skincare routine since I was in my early 20's. Personally, I have been using L'oreal revitalift eye cream, serum, and lotion the past week, so far so good on that combination. Recently I have been getting more into makeup as I am thinking of doing my own makeup for my wedding, so I am wanting to find the best products and perfect my look before that day. Anyways, I would recommend this- wash your face with whatever you like (I'm not a pro in this product category either lol) I do this in the shower in the morning. After that, I use a cotton pad and wipe my face with some witch hazel, which is a powerful antioxidant that can help your skin against damage. This product can easily be found, the one I have been using is Dickenson's Enhanced Witch Hazel toner with rosewater- which I got at Walmart for $5. Then I use my Revitalift eye treatment, hyaluronic acid face serum, then the face lotion- in that order. Let the moisturizer settle into your skin for about 5 minutes before you start your makeup routine. Always use a makeup primer!- A lot of people swear by this and so do I- it helps the makeup go in smoother and spread more evenly. I use liquid foundation- most recently I've been using Estee Lauder's double wear foundation and it's amazing! I use a brush first to get the product all over then I go back in with my Beauty Blender. Let me tell you- I was pretty skeptical that the Beauty Blender sponge was any different than the other ones that cost half as much. BUT after using knock-offs and finally trying the actual Beauty Blender it's pretty amazing. It's good to invest in some good brushes and tools that will last you a long time.

I am learning new technics as well- I would recommend that you lookup Allie Glines and Kenzie MacBrown on youtube for more tips. Kenzie in particular has some great videos for beginners which I learned a lot from. I'm 32 and just learned how to apply eyeshadow properly lol! You will do great, I know there are about a million makeup tutorials on youtube, just start out small and don't let all those videos overwhelm you. Everyone has their own personal style, look for a youtuber who has the style you'd like to achieve. 

Best wishes to you on your journey from mtf- no matter what, you do you and what you think makes you look beautiful and femine.  XOXO! 🙂 

@MissyKels ,

Welcome to BIC!  So glad that you are here!  I'm recently discovered Allie Glines YouTube videos.  I like the ones that I've watched!

Welcome to BIC, @MissyKels ! 

@MissyKels Welcome to the community. 

@MissyKels Welcome to BIC!

Welcome to BIC, @Anonymous! We’re happy to have you here! I’m newish to makeup as well, and I’ve found BIC to be full of welcoming, wonderful people happy to shares all sorts of advice. I hope you’ll find it as helpful and engaging as I have!

@Anonymous @Welcome to BIC!  We have a thread where you can learn skincare and makeup tips and tricks. They are free masterclasses online. The thread is below. Virtual Masterclass Thread 

Sephora has great YouTube videos and MAC  has free tutorials on Instagram a couple times a week. 

Anonymous Insider

Thank you SportyGirl! These tutorials look really helpful!   Thank you so much!   Ashley

RE: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Hello lovelies! I’m Darlene, a lippie obsessed gal! I may not know too much about hair or skincare or wearing make up, but I do know everything I can about lipsticks, lip glosses, lip balms, lip care... you get the idea, haha! I am from the Bay Area in California, but I will be moving in a month to Paris, France to finally stay with my fiancé. I’m tired of having to fly back and forth for over three years now! So I’m excited for the new, fresh start even amidst this pandemic. I blog over at The Foreign Gal where I love to write detailed lippie reviews and travel resources. I have been shopping for many years at Sephora, but I’m barely now starting to become more involved in the community. I’m excited! Take care, xoxo

Re: RE: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Welcome to BIC, @Foreigngal !

I hope that your move to France is everything that you hope it will be!  I would love to live in the Bay Area-

The air in San Francisco feels magical!  I love the hills in San Rafael, too.  

Welcome to BIC, @Foreigngal ! I'm also a lipstick junkie, so you're speakin' my language. I'd ask what your favorite lipstick is, but I know how impossible that question can be to answer—especially if you have lots (and lots, and lots) of lipstick. 🤣 So instead I'll ask: what are your favorite lipstick brands/lines? 

Best of luck with your move and new beginning! 

@Foreigngal Welcome to BIC!

RE: Re: RE: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Thank you 🙂

@Foreigngal Welcome to BIC! Have a safe move and fun time in Paris with your fiancé. 

testing