cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

New_Member_Monday.jpg

Hello BIC! We are starting this thread and updating it the first Monday of every month to welcome all of our new BIC Members and show them some love. If you happen to see anyone who is new to the community feel free to share this thread with them!

Maybe you are new to the Beauty Insider Community and still figuring it out, or maybe you’ve been here for a while but haven’t had the chance to say hello! Either way, we want to welcome you into our beauty-loving family, so don’t be shy- pop in and introduce yourself!  We’re already happy to e-meet you. 🙂

New members! Please reply below to introduce yourself and tell us: If you could splurge on any beauty product for yourself this season, what would it be? Use the "#" symbol to tag it in your response. 😊

Tags:
Anonymous Insider

Re: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Hi there!

I am Angeline, a Masters student and a mom of an almost four year-old (and a self-confessed shopaholic). I am new to Atlanta and the water drives me crazy here cos it is just sooo bad for my hair and skin!

Looking for suggestions for some decent products for hair fall especially fine hair - I am an Indian. I use Dove shampoo + conditioner usually and OGX Renewing + Argan Oil of Morocco Extra Penetrating Oil which have both made my hair soft (also on a grad student budget).

Welcome aboard, @Anonymous ! I hope you’re doing well with grad school! 

Welcome to BIC @Anonymous! Wow, grad school! Congrats! Garnier Fructis makes a line of 1-Minute hair masks that are great for detangling and making hair feel soft and smooth. I have fine hair (but a lot of it) and a little goes a long way. It’s about $5-7 depending on where you get it and can be found at Target, Ulta, CVS. 

@Anonymous Welcome to BIC!

Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Hey everyone! I'm new to makeup and am trying to learn from y'all! Currently balancing life as a Grad Student at Georgia Tech and a growing makeup addiction ! Need some suggestions for a starter eyeshadow pallette !

Welcome aboard, @Prathiksha , and I hope grad school’s going well for you! 

Welcome to BIC @Prathiksha

@Prathiksha Welcome to BIC!  A good platte would be NATASHA DENONA - Mini Nude Eyeshadow Paletteor Urban Decay Naked2 Palette Naked2

@Prathiksha  Welcome! If you wanted to splurge on a fancy one, the Natasha Denona Biba Palette is fantastic. A more affordable option might be one of the Sephora Pro palettes. I also think a palette by Aether Beauty would be nice to start out with, particularly if you are into more natural brands.

Natasha Denona Biba All Neutral Eyeshadow Palette Full Size Biba Neutral Eyeshadow Palette

AETHER BEAUTY - Rose Quartz Crystal Gemstone Eyeshadow Palette

@Prathiksha  Hello and welcome to BIC! For starter palettes, I would recommend palettes that have more “safe” colors that are easier to work with and easy to create simple looks with. I recommend checking out Urban Decay Naked2 Basics Eyeshadow Palette Naked Basics 2 tarte Tartelette™ In Bloom Clay Eyeshadow Palette 12 x 0.053 oz/ 1.5 g NATASHA DENONA - Camel Eyeshadow Palette

These three are not crazy expensive and have some easy to work with browns and beiges that can create some great looks for starters. I personally own all 3 and love them all for easy, work appropriate looks.

Thank you happy to be here! I'm going to check out these...

Thank you happy to be here! I'm going to check out these pallettes! what do you think of Sephora Collection - Pro nudes Palette?

Re: Thank you happy to be here! I'm going to check out these...

@Prathiksha  I can’t say I own that one but I do have the Sephora Pro Warm palette and I love it! It’s such great quality shadows for a decent price. I love those huge palettes because they have so many colors for you to play with 👌🏻

Re: Thank you happy to be here! I'm going to check out these...

That's what I thought! 

Let's hope I don't totally fail at this * fingers crossed* 

@gonerogue wrote:

@Prathiksha  I can’t say I own that one but I do have the Sephora Pro Warm palette and I love it! It’s such great quality shadows for a decent price. I love those huge palettes because they have so many colors for you to play with 👌🏻

Hi @Prathiksha welcome to the colourful world of BIC! Some good starter palettes in my opinion are: 

Urban Decay Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette Naked3

Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Sephora PRO New Nudes Palette

hey @GG84 !  Thank you for suggesting the  SEPHORA COLLECTION - Sephora PRO New Nudes Palette

It's great and i have great fun playing with it ! 

thank you ! I bought the Sephora pro palette for my birth...

thank you ! I bought the Sephora pro palette for my birthday yesterday! hopefully I'm good with it

sephora collection eye love palettes are good ones to sta...

sephora collection eye love palettes are good ones to start off with

RE: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Name is Nikki. New into make for some time but really started learning this past year. I am everything Fenty & Jackie at moment but looking to expand my collection. Love bright colors and trying out the box things. Been swamped with Grad School but soon I’ll be free and doing more!

Re: RE: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Welcome to BIC and I hope grad school’s going well for you, @NikkiCakes ! 

@NikkiCakes Hi Nikki Welcome!  I absolutely LOVE you're eye shadow 😍😍😍

@NikkiCakes Welcome to BIC!

2 Replies
testing