cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

New_Member_Monday.jpg

Hello BIC! We are starting this thread and updating it the first Monday of every month to welcome all of our new BIC Members and show them some love. If you happen to see anyone who is new to the community feel free to share this thread with them!

Maybe you are new to the Beauty Insider Community and still figuring it out, or maybe youโ€™ve been here for a while but havenโ€™t had the chance to say hello! Either way, we want to welcome you into our beauty-loving family, so donโ€™t be shy- pop in and introduce yourself!  Weโ€™re already happy to e-meet you. ๐Ÿ™‚

New members! Please reply below to introduce yourself and tell us: If you could splurge on any beauty product for yourself this season, what would it be? Use the "#" symbol to tag it in your response. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Tags:

Re: RE: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

@hmwolfe  Hello!  Acne-prone also ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ I spent most of my adult life chasing acne (and desperately picking at it).  Over the years I've found several products that have kept my skin clear and healthy. Congrats on wanting to take care of your skin! My advice is to start with an ingredient you're most interested in, see the effects, then build from there.  If I can offer a recommendation, I believe everybody should use Vitamin C! and sunscreen!! 

Hi @hmwolfe I wish I started to take skincare seriously when I was 20, good on you for starting early. Welcome to the BIC! 

Welcome aboard @hmwolfe ! 

@hmwolfe @Welcome to BIC!

RE: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Hi Iโ€™m Summer. If I could splurge on one thing it would be a facial by an expert esthetician with a list of products to buy (& not) & regimen for my hormonal combination skin. Experienced people want me on time tested brands, Dermatologists sell what they can prescribe or have in office which is crazy priced ie.. isclinical. Jefree Star has me breaking out. K Beauty is too harsh, although I do like a couple of the steps. So I spend a lot. I regret going to school to hair instead of skin. Any & all suggestions help. I do teach yoga, pranayama & eat vegan now, thatโ€™s helped but isnโ€™t a cure all. Help?? Happy Merry Happy New Year๐ŸŽ‰

Welcome to BIC @alleycatseyes ! Youโ€™re among many helpful skincare enthusiasts here. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

One of the reasons I like my dermatologist is his openness to non-prescription products. He doesnโ€™t heavily push pricy Rx stuff on me, and heโ€™ll tell me the pros and cons of various OTC stuff I ask about. A few years ago, I had a different derm who I didnโ€™t get along with at all: she seemed to not like me asking many questions, and she always discouraged using OTC products. I dropped her after 5 appointments. ๐Ÿ˜„ As with any doctor, it pays to shop around for a derm. 

@alleycatseyes @Welcome to BIC!

@alleycatseyes 

Hi welcome to the BIC!! Iโ€™m a hairstylist, Itโ€™s not my passion to DO hair anymore but Iโ€™ve used my schooling and experiences to further my career in other fields closely related in the industry. 
Depending on where you live and state/provincial requirements, itโ€™s an easy transition from one field to the other. 
There are lots of useful posts regarding skincare in BIC and a lot of helpful users ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to BIC @alleycatseyes! Yes, facials are amazing. I try to get one every couple of months to really deep clean my skin. I also like doing at home facials from time to time. My favorite face mask is the ORIGINS - Clear Improvementยฎ Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores.

Welcome, @alleycatseyes! Check out the combination skin and acne skin groups - there's lots of great info there!

Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

I'm Daynah. I'm 24. I've always loved makeup. I recently (like within the last year or so) realized the dramatic difference between drugstore and higher end makeup. I might never go back to a drugstore eyeshadow palette again. I've also quickly learned that the key to great looking makeup is quality skincare. I'm also pretty sure my skin hates me. Lol. If I could splurge on one thing it would be a fool proof regimen for my acne prone, sensitive, combination skin. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Re: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

@DaynahDarko @Welcome to BIC

Hi @DaynahDarko welcome to the BIC! 
My best advice to you is if you live near a physical Sephora store, try to get a sample of any skincare you may be interested in before purchasing. Our skin can be finicky and we never know how it may react to a product. 

Welcome, @DaynahDarko! Our acne and skincare aware groups have a ton of great info for you to dive into! 

Welcome to BIC @DaynahDarko ! Skincare can be such a trial and error experience, even with a dermatologistโ€™s help. Iโ€™m in my late 40s and spent the last few years overhauling my entire skincare routine. I also have combo skin (mostly dry; my oily zone is just on and around my nose) thatโ€™s finicky: some things that work great for other folks cause bad reactions on my face.  

The best advice I can offer, aside from getting a dermโ€™s advice, is to patch test EVERYthing before applying it all over your face. I patch test new-to-me skincare products on a small area of my neck, jaw bone, or wrist. Some products get a 2-week test. Othersโ€”mostly โ€œapply once or twice a weekโ€ itemsโ€”require a full month. Start keeping track of products that make your skin throw tantrums, and see if you notice any common ingredients among them. This will help you learn which ingredients your skinโ€™s sensitive to, so you can avoid products that contain them in the future. 

Welcome to BIC! Skincare is an important part of any beauty routine. I feel like splurging on a good moisturizer is a good investment that will keep your skin soft and healthy. I really like the Drunk Elephant Lala Retroโ„ข Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL. <333

RE: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Hello all! Iโ€™m amber, Iโ€™ve always loved make up but always cheaped out. I have a newfound love of Sephora. Iโ€™ve treated myself now and there will be no more drug store make ups found in my make up bag! โค๏ธ

@alk143 Welcome to BIC

Hi @alk143 discovering Sephora can be quite exciting! I donโ€™t think there is anything wrong with you purchasing drug store brands, if you still like them. A balance is always nice ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome, @alk143! It's nice to splurge on some nice makeup and skincare, though I have to admit I do still love good drugstore products and keep a few in my arsenal, haha!

Welcome aboard @alk143 ! If thereโ€™s a drugstore or cheap brandโ€™s makeup item you love, keep using it. ๐Ÿ™‚ Price alone doesnโ€™t indicate quality. 2 of my favorite skincare products are made by e.l.f., and ColourPop makes some of my favorite bullet lipsticks. On the flip side, every product Iโ€™ve tried by La Mer and Tatcha, and almost all Drunk Elephant products, beat my skin up. And I find some high priced makeup isnโ€™t worth the money. It all depends on what works best for the way you use makeup, of course. 

testing