Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Palette

I want to hear everyones thoughts on this palette!

• Do you think it will be worth the purchase? Why?
  • Are you planning to buy the palette on the release date? (September 18)
  • How do you think it will preform?
  • What about the color scheme?
  • How wearable/functional do you see this palette being?

Personally, I loved the Rose Gold palette! When I first saw the leaked pictures I was taken aback, my first thoughts were "Who wears purples with browns?" and "Why are there so many shimmers?!" but after some thought I am very excited for the colors Twilight and Blood Moon. Retrograde seems like it will be great as well, but might challenge my creative ability a little.

Angelic was my absolute favorite from the Rose Gold palette but I wish there would have been all new shades. *dreams that angelic becomes a single shadow*

I think the first row looks similar to the new Too Faced Just Peachy palette. I am worried about how little I will use Amethyst but maybe that'll be mostly on my under eye.. as for the third row I think all shades are great in that one as well.

Blue and Green eyed girls are really going to love this!Huda-Beauty-Desert-Dusk-Palette-2017

RE: Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Palette

What liquid are you guys using with the pallet? Just got mine 💜

Re: RE: Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Palette

I didn't use anything today but I'd use Mac Fix+

Re: Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Palette

Hi got mine yesterday and wore it today. It is visually stunning and everything came in tact! 

IMG_2916.JPG

here are swatches in deep skin:

IMG_2918.JPG

the shimmery shades feel feel quite nice. The mattes are a little dusty swatched but they applied and blended out quite well. 

IMG_2932.JPG

i really liked the look, but I did have significant fallout when applying the lid shades. I had some random glitter on my face. It wasn't horrible but I would catch it on my face during the day. After 6-7 hours the shadows did show signs of wear by deepening. No crazy creasing though so that's good. 

To me, this us a beautiful palette but it's not my everyday palette at all. 

My Huda Beauty Desert Dusk palette arrived and it's even more beautiful IRL.

Thought I'd add some purely natural, window lighting photos of the palette. It is stunning!

IMG_0413.PNG

IMG_0412.PNG

@Randell I just keep staring at this palette. It's just so beautiful to look at!

@PrettyPaint Me, too! I just opened it again to stare at it in my bathroom lighting! Mesmerizing! It's hard to decide what colors to use first!😉

@Randell Haha! I haven't even been able to bring myself to swatch it yet because of this. 

Haha @PrettyPaint! I totally get it! That's why I am resisting the Pat McGrath palettes...for now... I have this fear I'll never bring myself to use them!

STUNNING!

Oh man..I'm trying so hard to hold out for the $25 off $50 sale xD

Is that only for rouge 

Just got it... the color are nice however Cosmo was broken upon arrival

@4MaRia17 watched a clip from Huda yesterday and she said you just have to press it back together with your finger.

for $65...I shouldn't have to pack it back into the pan..thats really poor on her part to tell people they have just pack in back in with their finger. Lets just be real.. All of the shadows are beautiful but she failed on the glitter and its falling out because its completely dry. My 10 year old even said its dry!

I was super hype about the release of this Palette! I bought it as soon as it went at 3am EST. I have very green eyes so I think these colors will flatter me nicely.

I bought it as soon as it came up live on the Sephora website. It'll be my first purchase from Huda Beauty. Personally, I'm very excited for it as the colors are right up my alley. I like that it has purples as well as browns, oranges and reds! It'll arrive tomorrow and I hope it will be as good as I think it is. Between this and the new Natasha Denona Lila palette, I may be set on my winter colors and purples 😂

I ordered the morning it came out, can't really comment on how it applies and stays. But the color scheme is similar to the Natasha Denona (the one for $129). I love the color scheme and chose this one over the Rose Gold one. It's got a nice warm feel w that pop of purple that I love. 

Anonymous Insider

Has anyone seen that there is already a massive amount of reviews for this palette despite currently it being an online only release and it just came into inventory this morning?? I read the reviews and they are basically conversations with each other going "So mad at Sephora for not launching on time 1 star" and "Why isn't this in Canada? 1 star" and "This palette looks beautiful I can't wait to play with it, I ordered it this morning 5 stars". I am so irritated. Shopping online I rely on stars and reviews to decide whether to buy something and this is going to skew the actual reviews and stars when people receive their palettes and give honest opinions, not this garbage.  

I can 100% agree with you!
It is hard to sift out the reviews & people just rating to say something!
I think that is why I enjoy the community section better, it allows people to converse about what they have experienced && update over time!

Yes! truly annoying. I can understand few reviews slipping through the moderation but a huge % of reviews under the product are either about availability or being able to purchase when it launched. Not helpful!

I agree -  I won't be picking this up anyway but it's a big pet peeve when people leave reviews that are not about the product. I understand people are frustrated but leaving reviews that have nothing to do with the actual product is hindering other people who rely on reviews. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • Huda-Beauty-Desert-Dusk-Palette-2017
  • CANADA
  • IMG_0413.PNG
  • IMG_0412.PNG
  • IMG_2916.JPG
  • IMG_2918.JPG
  • IMG_2932.JPG
testing