cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Holiday 2019 Office Hours with Sephora's Beauty Directors

Beauty Directors Headshot_NEW.png

This thread is now closed. Thank you for all of your great gifting questions!

Do you know what you're gifting everyone on your list? Have you decided exactly what to purchase with your Holiday Bonus discount? We all could use a little help when it comes to gifting others (out ourselves!) so we're calling on our beauty experts - the Sephora Beauty Directors!  @JeffreyBD@MyieshaBD, and @DavidBD are joining us on this thread for two days from Thursday, 11/7, to Friday, 11/8, at 5 pm PST, for a holiday Q&A session. Whether you need  gifting advice or the perfect lip to slay your holiday party, leave a reply for expert advice. 

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below (not the chat icon on the right)!

Re: Holiday 2019 Office Hours with Sephora's Beauty Directors

Alright Everyone! We had so much fun getting to spend time with you all! All the love you shared really puts us all in the Holiday Spirit and we can't wait to see you on the Beauty Insider Community in the future. In the mean time, check out some more of our gift giving guides on Sephora YouTube! 

Ciao for now! Mwah~

Holiday 2019 Office Hours with Sephora's Beauty Directors

Hi! the virtual makeup tutorials are the same ones from when they started..can you get some different/more looks in there?

@JGSFLA LOVE THE CALL OUT! I for sure will mention this to the Digital team ASAP! Stay tuned, maybe a collabo is in order?!?

Hi Hi Hi! Thank you for hanging with us today, I have to get my question in before we run out of time. I have a few makeup newbies/ teens in my family who I would love to gift a palette to. What would you say is the best eyeshadow and/or face palette for someone who is just starting to experiment with makeup? Thank you in advance 🙂 

@BrendaBT Hey there Lady!

I feel like a PERFECT shadow for someone who wants a Goof Proof option that is Easy and Fun to learn with, might I suggest Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam. The colors are so dream and romantic and practically perfect for any skin tone. This is a go-to for my kit and a must have for any makeup artist! It's so versatile as well, so it's the perfect way to learn how to Glam up the eyes!

Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette

Hey Beauty Directors!!! Love your family photo up there. I have a lot of friends on my holiday shopping list who are big sparkle fans - what's your favorite high-shine, super-sparkly highlighter right now?! (Okay, also asking for myself - not just my friends).

@AlexBT 

I feel the same way about SPARKLE! I think this is the 3rd time I'm shouting these babies out! If you want GLOW the GO-TO is Artist Couture for SUUUUURE! 

The Diamond Lights Finishers give the last bit of reflectivity in photos and give a wet appearance! OBSESSED!

Artist Couture Diamond Lights Finisher Spotlight Glitz

If you are wanting something a little less bling-y, maybe try the Diamond Glow Powders instead.

Artist Couture Diamond Glow Powder Conceited

What would be the perfect red lipstick for a date night? I need something which is transfer proof and something that can stand spaghetti slurps 🙂 (I mean to say it should not bleed, fade ,etc.) Thanks!!!

Honestly a Set-In Lip Stain is my FAVORITE formula for date night because the color sinks into the lips and becomes "a part of you." Look to formulas like Benefit's Benetint, YSL Glossy Stain Lip Color, or Dior Addict Lip Tattoo. What's even better is that if you apply lip gloss on top of these it doesn't really mess with the durability. Glossy lips on a date are WAY more kissable than ultra matte ones. IMO.

BENEFIT COSMETICS - Benetint Cheek & Lip Stain (6mL)

Yves Saint Laurent Glossy Stain Lip Color 11 Rouge Gouache

DIOR - Dior Addict Lip Tattoo

What would you get a male friend that isnt fragrance based or has fragrance in it? 

I’d definitely go with skincare . Men love good skin just as much as women , and often have a hard time fo Dinh the right products to use , I think The Ordinary The Daily Set is a simple 3 step routine any guy can master. 

Hi! I'm partial to fragrance that is not gender specific. Right now, I'm really enjoying Tom Ford's Ombre Leather. I think of jeans, red heels, a black leather jacket and of course a bold red lip when I wear it. Any suggestions/favorites for fragrance this Holiday/Winter season? I adore you guys! 

@bem564 

If you love Ombre Leather and instantly think of a power Lips, then MAYBE you might try "Lipstick On" from Margiela as well? *wink wink*

MAISON MARGIELA - ’REPLICA’ Lipstick On

Definitely check out Replica by Madison Margiela , all the scents are gender neutral and based on memories. I think you’d like the classic Maison Margiela REPLICA' Jazz Club Eau de Toilette 3.4 oz / 100 ml eau de toilette spray it’s amaaaazing scent for anyone !! 

I use Differin at night, and I have a rich cream moisturizer. I also deal with sensitivity (e.g., eczema) I'm wondering if you have any thoughts/recommendations on an oil or serum that I could use with the Differin to help with lingering dry patches? 

I would definitely recommend Skinfix Eczema+ Dermatitis Face Balm 0.48 oz/ 13.5 mL it’s amazing at eczema prone skin. In fact they have a whole collection for Eczema and dermatitis that is really amazing and worth checking out!! 

I am looking for a nice lip product for myself. I want something that is not too bright, but something that will add just a little but of color to my face. Also that is easy and hydrating.I normally dont wear a lot of makeup and when I do I stick to neutral eyeshadows. What types of lip products would you recommend?

CRUISING for the WIIIINN! I LOVE THAT COLOR @DavidBD 

Hi friends - thanks for hanging out with us today! I do a couple yearly gift exchanges with friends and family with a price limit of $25 and $50. Any recommendations for $25 and $50 skincare gifts that would be good for any person, regardless of gender and age?

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • Beauty Directors Headshot_NEW.png
testing