From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora

Heads Up: Rank up in Community by participating in Q&A!

TeamBIC_0-1651704933145.png

Today’s Questions & Answers (Q&A) platform has been around on Sephora.com and Sephora app product pages for just over a year now, and we’re not the only ones who’ve been loving this handy feature. 😍 We’ve heard that Q&A is one of the first places Beauty Insider Community members like you go for product advice, and we totally understand why – we love reading through the curious, thoughtful questions and helpful answers written by Sephora Community members! To celebrate all your amazing contributions to the platform, we’re excited to announce that your Q&A activity now factors into your overall Community rank. 🎉 After all, Q&A is part of Community! 💞

You might be wondering, “what does this mean?!” Now that this change has been made, all the questions and/or answers you leave in Q&A while logged into your Community profile will help boost your Community rank. Remember that while you need be logged in to answer a question in the platform, you can ask a question anonymously – be sure to log in if you want to “get credit” towards your rank for the questions you leave!

Here’s an example of what this update looks like in action: if you’re currently a Rookie III, you can now inch towards Rising-Star I status by asking a question or leaving an answer (we even notice if other shoppers find your answer helpful 💙).

Any questions or answers you’ve already left will count towards your Community rank (once you’ve logged in), as well as any you submit going forward we’ve got you covered. 😎 In fact, some of you who are active in Q&A may have noticed that you ranked up after we made this change – if so, CONGRATS! 😊

We always love hearing BIC members’ feedback and finding ways to improve the Community experience like this! If you want to learn more about the Q&A feature, check out our FAQs post here: Community 101: Questions & Answers!

Re: Heads Up: Rank up in Community by participating in Q&A!

Oh that's cool @TeamBIC .

Side note: can questions that aren't really questions be ranked or purged?  Sometimes it's a valid statement, but it doesn't really help with the product.

Glad you think so @danielledanielle! 😊 Yes, we work with our moderation partners to do our best to reject any statements that come through as questions in Q&A, although some might slip through! If you notice any content that looks like it doesn't belong, you can report it to Sephora moderators using of the resources listed in the Customer Service Help page here: https://www.sephora.com/beauty/customer-service

@TeamBIC I've been using the Q&A, and do like it.  I do have a suggestion, though.  It's been frustrating to only be able to see a few questions at a time.  I remember when they had the Q&A years ago, and I liked that format.

So happy to hear that the Questions & Answers platform has been useful, @greeneyedgirl107! We thank you for this helpful feedback and will keep it in mind – we’re always looking for ways to improve the Community experience where we can (including Q&A, of course)! 😊

@TeamBIC Oh, good idea! I had assumed Q&A played a part in the Community ranking, but glad to hear my myth is now a reality 😅 and yaaaay to anyone who ranked up! 🎉

Yay, we’re glad you think so, @Guessgal! 😊 We’ve been manually keeping an eye on Q&A activity, and we’re happy it’s now folded into the Community ranks automatically.

@TeamBIC Great news!

thanks for sharing @TeamBIC !!! That does seem like an excellent way to encourage participation and the Q&A are so helpful!

@TeamBIC Wow this is such a great addition!

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 106 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos1
  • TeamBIC_0-1651704933145.png
testing