Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Heads Up: Community Groups Refresh (May 2021)

BIC_Groups Refresh.PNG

Hey BIC! We’re excited to share new enhancements coming to the Beauty Insider Community. To help minimize bugs in the long-term and ensure the BIC is in tip-top shape, we are refreshing our Community Groups! Don’t worry – your favorite existing groups will remain in-tact (stay tuned for snazzy new group descriptions and a rebrand of our “Moms Only” group to “Parents Only” 😉). This change mainly involves slight design tweaks and major under-the-hood improvements. Please note that during this transition, all Community email notifications will be turned off - once we have confirmed that the refresh is complete, we hope to have emails back up and running ASAP! 🙏

The move to the new Groups experience will occur in two phases. In the first phase, we will launch a refreshed Groups look-and-feel. In the second phase, we will start the process of moving existing posts to new groups. Read on for a breakdown of what we have planned!

Phase I (5/4/2021 - 5/5/2021)

As we kick off our move to the upgraded Groups experience, we will put current groups into “read-only” mode. While you will temporarily be unable to start new conversations, you will still be able to search, heart, and reply on all existing Community posts like you normally would. Putting groups into read-only mode will get them ready to go for the refreshed Groups experience!

The next step in the process is to launch the new Groups experience. This will take about 5 hours to complete, and during this time, you may see the new Groups experience appear. When the launch is complete, there are a few key things you’ll want to know:

• Click Groups to navigate to the new Groups landing page experience
  • Click a group in Trending Groups to navigate to the new experience for that group
  • Once you’re in the new group experience, you will be able to start a new thread by hitting the “Start a Conversation” button just like before
  • NOTE: If you join a group between 5/2/2021 and 5/4/2021, you will need to re-join that group in the new experience

Phase II (5/5/2021 - 5/17/2021)

The next step in the journey is to move 10+ years of Community posts to the new, upgraded Groups. You can imagine how much content you’ve helped create over the years. 😊

Moving posts to the new Groups first involves migrating the most recent 40 - 50 posts to each new group. This process will take up to 12 hours, so as the day gets started on 5/5/2021, you will begin to see about 4-5 pages of posts in each new group. Then, we’ll continue to move all posts to the new Groups over the next 10-12 days. We know this will take a while, and we appreciate your patience! Remember, if a post has not yet been moved to the refreshed Groups experience, you can still find it via search.

We’re thrilled to make these changes that will help improve the BIC experience overall! We thank you for your patience as we push these new changes along. ❤️

Re: Heads Up: Community Groups Refresh (May 2021)

Perfect summary @itscarin! We wanted to make sure everyone knew what was happening during the transition which is indeed mostly back end stuff, with a few front end design refreshes, including that one group rebranding. You got it! 

Just a heads up @TeamBIC I'm not receiving email notifications again

Thanks for the heads up @lmaster@CookieGirl1 also messaged us yesterday to say the same. We've confirmed that yes, email notifications are turned off during this transition. Right after we worked so hard and so long to get them fixed! 😰 😲 The good news is once this is over, we should be able to turn back on again easily. We'll update the post with this as well. 

Thank you thank you!! @CarolBT I had a feeling you all knew, but just in case, thought I'd give you a heads up 🤗❤️

Thanks for this @TeamBIC 

@TeamBIC, keep it coming, loving these refreshes and updates 👌🏼👌🏼

@TeamBIC looking great so far!!

Thank you, @TeamBIC! I'm sure this new update will be amazing!

Sounds great @TeamBIC ! An excited for the new groups experience and that we are keeping our faves 

Good luck with the deployment, hopefully it will be great!

Will you have a mapping of the old group names to new group names to ease the transition?  @TeamBIC Thanks! 

Thanks so much, @sister13! Good question - all Community group names are staying the same, with the exception of "Moms Only" to "Parents Only" 😊 The Parents Only group will also be getting a new group icon in the upcoming weeks to match the new name~ 

Ohhh, I'm sorry I misunderstood, I thought that was just an example but they were all changing. I understand now, thank you!

@TeamBIC  

Talk about an refresh indeed! Thanks for the heads up @TeamBIC 

Wow, @TeamBIC, thanks for all your hard work!  Can't wait to see the finished result 👀.

@TeamBIC ooh exciting! I love that BIC has continued to flourish for years.

@TeamBIC Wow...can't wait to see all this happen.  Really exciting.

Wow, this sounds like quite an extensive project, @TeamBIC! I am excited to test out the new and improved BIC 🤩

Hi @eshoe, yes extensive is the correct word 🤣 We're hoping for a smooth deployment - we're all very excited!  

80 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • BIC_Groups Refresh.PNG
  • bic - mixed post dates.JPG
  • 207978CB-8B26-488B-A472-4403B5108AF0.gif
  • Screenshot_20210520-180241~2.png
  • sephora promo code thread error.png
testing