cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Feedback Wanted: TeamBIC’s 2023 Holiday Gratis Thread

TeamBIC_0-1701279173022.png

It’s the holiday season, BIC! ❄️ This year, we gave select members a chance to unbox 10 days of Community Faves as a token of our appreciation for their participation in the Beauty Insider Community. Community Favorites are some of the most talked-about products among members, and we thought we would celebrate these tried-and-true holy grails by gifting them to some of you! 🎁

This thread is a place for those who are receiving these goodies from us to share their gratis – though this won’t be your traditional unboxing. 😉 Without giving too much away, we are highlighting 10 days’ worth of Community Faves, meaning that you’ll have 10 Sephora products to unveil across 10 days … should you choose to refrain from opening them all at once (no judgement either way 😄).

Though our recipients’ packages may take varying time to get delivered, they should all arrive before mid-December. 💙 While you’re free to begin unboxing your gratis as you wish when you receive it, we are challenging you to post photos and share your thoughts on each of the products according to the schedule below so we can all experience the unboxing magic together (starting with the gift labeled “Day 1”)! You can absolutely post product photos and reactions earlier if you like – we might just suggest hiding them behind a spoiler tab to keep the surprise alive for fellow recipients who are still on their unboxing journey. 🙏

• Day 1: Monday, 12/11
  • Day 2: Tuesday, 12/12
  • Day 3: Wednesday, 12/13
  • Day 4: Thursday, 12/14
  • Day 5: Friday, 12/15
  • Day 6: Saturday, 12/16
  • Day 7: Sunday, 12/17
  • Day 8: Monday, 12/18
  • Day 9: Tuesday, 12/19
  • Day 10: Wednesday, 12/20

Happy holidays - we can’t wait to see your photos and hear your reactions to the products you receive! Hit the “Reply” button and don’t forget to use the “#” symbol to tag any Community Favorites you mention.

Re: Feedback Wanted: TeamBIC’s 2023 Holiday Gratis Thread

Finally went out on the town last night so I used my Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette again.  I forgot how fantastic this palette is.  Love how beautiful the shades are and how they last all night.   Thanks again @TeamBIC for this gratis.

Good morning, everyone, and happy Sunday! (Or whenever you're reading this.) I had meant to do more posts, but I began doing Whole30 on Monday and I feel like my entire day revolves around food prep and washing dishes at present. LOL

I did try the Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm which is no longer available in Canada, sad to say. I've used it before, but wanted to give it a go again for the purposes of reviewing the products in my lovely gratis box. It cleaned my face well, though I always find it a bit tougher to get all my mascara off using Green Clean. I think that's because the waxy formulation, applied with my fingers, means I don't get it all over my lashes and lids the way I can with a cleanser that is foamy or on a cotton pad. This could be fixed with practice, I'm sure, but in the past using the trial sizes, I either had to finish taking off my mascara with micellar water, or wake up with mild panda eyes.

I do like the mild scent. I think Farmacy does that very well in their products - pleasant but without triggering my sensitivity to fragrance.

In the past, I've always felt like I needed to wash off the residual cleanser after rinsing, as my skin felt a little filmy after use. This time I left it on. It seemed to soak into my clean skin and disappear, so that's all right. However, I wonder if it would break me out over time. In the past I've only tried trial sizes. Some Farmacy products do break me out after awhile, as they're a little too heavy for my skin.

I can't write an official review since it's not on the Canada brands page. If I could, I would say that at this time, I'd give it a 4 out of 5. It's a good product from a good company, and I'll happily use up that beautiful big tub of it (assuming it doesn't break me out)! But for me, personally, the trouble getting my mascara off and the filmy residue makes me take off a point.

I still owe a final review of Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Soft Pinch Liquid Blush Virtue and PAT McGRATH LABS LUST: Lip Gloss Bronze Divinity as well as a review of Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette. I'll work on getting those done this coming week. Hopefully Whole30 will be kicking my butt a little less hard by then. LOL

@Westcoasty - It sounds like you're using the Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm as your only cleanser.  I use it as the first step in a double cleanse (only when wearing makeup of course).  I rinse off the cleansing balm, then wash my face with my regular cleanser.  I also always follow up with a toner, but that's personal preference.  There's no way I could use it as my only cleanser; it's too oily and leaves a residue.

I can't comment on using the cleansing balm with mascara since I don't wear it (no eyelashes).  

@Titian06  Yes, that's true, I used it as an "only step". I suppose it's not really suited for that, as you say. I do struggle with cleansers, as it seems like they're either "too stripping" or "too filmy". Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip French Green Clay Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL is the only one I've found that seems to be a happy medium most of the time.

I'm very low of energy lately (hopefully a problem that's being resolved!), so even cleansing my skin in the evening is a non-starter unless I'm wearing makeup. I'd like to get back to the days where I took excellent care of my skin as well as wearing a full face of makeup, but my "spoons" have to go towards my health first.

Anyhow, thanks for the tip! I'll follow up with something like my micellar water in future. 😊

Thanks for your reviews @Westcoasty !

I agree with @Titian06 , I use it as a first cleanse, but I also find it really does rinse pretty clean (cleaner than most). But, you do need to give it time to really melt into the skin and a good massage, along with warm water to emulsify it. It takes forever for our upstairs water to get hot, so I'm usually using colder water, though warmer water is better and rinses cleaner, imo.  

The fresh Soy Hydrating Gentle Face Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL is my favorite, foaming but non-stripping cleanser if I'm not double cleansing. I find it less drying than almost all others, including the Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser , which is still a bit drying for me. If you haven't tried it, maybe try a sample sometimes - they're often minis for points or GWPs, I think. 

I have also been neglecting my skin care routine and trying to get back into it, but have just been so busy and just TIRED lately. Just wanted to share my thoughts if it helps! @Westcoasty   

@sister13  I've tried Fresh's Soy Facial Cleanser before, but maybe they've reformulated it, as I don't recall the word Hydrating in the name previously. The version I tried, some years back, was another one that stripped my skin badly. But I'll keep an eye out for samples of the hydrating version - thanks!

I'll practice more with the Green Clean, but it does seem like it's a double cleanse product. That's not a bad thing in and of itself, of course. Just something to keep in mind if all I want to do is clean my skin and fall into bed. 😴

I hear you about being deeply tired, for sure. In my case, it seems the issue may be sleep apnea, whee. I have a trial lined up with a CPAP machine starting early next month. I just love getting older! LOL

@Westcoasty, @sister13 and @Titian06 clued you in, but yeah, cleansing balms usually need something else.  And they can break you out, I wanted to love the clinique version, but it breaks me out. I think that's why I stick with makeup wipes instead of double cleansing.  Less likely to break out and because of the balm getting in my eyes and having to wash it out multiple times.  I save the balm for heavy duty makeup days and use micellar water or wipes and then my usual cleanser.

Hyper Skin Gentle Brightening Gel Cleanser with Mandelic Acid 5 oz / 150 mLis my main one, but the Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser gifted to us would also work for me.

@danielledanielle  Well, live and learn, right? LOL

Sephora Canada doesn't sell Hyper, unfortunately, but I agree that I very much like the Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser that we were gifted. It does dry out my skin, but it's a very pleasant one-step cleanser. I just have to be ready to slather on moisturizer right after. I'll likely start using it once my current Sunday Riley cleanser is finished.

@Westcoasty - A couple of cleansers I use are The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL and Good Molecules Rosewater Cleansing Gel.  Although I get mine at Ulta, it's also available at Beautylish.

@Titian06  The INKEY List cleanser sounds interesting, though I have PROMISED myself I won't buy any more skincare until I use up some of what I have. LOL. But I'll keep it in mind. I'm quite liking the The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum we got in our gratis boxes.

I love rosewater, but I'm not a fan of paying shipping fees from the States. 😊 But maybe I'll see the Good Molecules cleanser somewhere else. I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks for the suggestions!

I’m woefully behind but finally had a moment to post some pics and thoughts and some official reviews on the product pages, so let me update here on the PAT McGRATH LABS LUST: Lip Gloss Bronze Divinity !

I LOVE Pat McGrath glosses and this one did not disappoint! It has a light vanilla scent, and a very subtle shimmer that just leaves a beautiful Bronzey-gold shine to lips. This is lovely on bare lips, over lip liner, or as a final step in a whole lip routine of liner, lipstick and gloss. In my opinion, it has a light shimmer but not a full on sparkle like some other shades. I felt so fortunate to receive this as part of Beauty Insider Community, but this is my honest review, and I have purchased these many times, and would absolutely purchase this again! 

Here’s Bronze Divinity with my other PMG full size glosses. First, the tube (all the way on left), but flipped for the swatches (shown on the right). Sorry for the confusing order! 

IMG_0500.jpeg

IMG_0496.jpeg

Then, here are various pics of me wearing this lovely gloss!

In these two top pics, I’m also wearing the Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Soft Pinch Liquid Blush Virtue , which is so pigmented and gives a lovely summery glow to the skin, but must me applied sparingly! 

IMG_0509.jpeg

Also wearing the Hourglass Unlocked Instant Extensions Lengthening Mascara in the photo below!

IMG_0570.jpeg

IMG_7834.jpeg

Thanks again to @TeamBIC a for the chance to receive these amazing and generous gifts to try and share our thoughts! 

(I’ll have to try to edit and add from my phone as pics from iPad are not working (which seems to happen from time to time).

Hello, Gorgeous!  @sister13 !  You are a beautiful model for all these Winter Gratis products that we received!

Plus, your hair is lovely!

@sister13 You look gorgeous!

Aww thanks!! @Mellmars1185 

@sister13 you are looking lovely 

Thank you so much! @CorgiMommy 

I just realized I was also wearing the Hourglass Unlocked Instant Extensions Lengthening Mascara in the second photo. 

I love the blush and the PMG on you, @sister13! I love PMG's glosses, too!

Thanks, they are so good! @curlychiquita 

@sister13 all gorgeous!  Love your hair, too!

6,003 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos596
  • TeamBIC_0-1701279173022.png
  • niki172_0-1701325518689.gif
  • heart-gift.gif
  • greeneyedgirl107_0-1701399355032.png
  • IMG_3888.jpeg
  • IMG_6108.jpeg
  • IMG_6111.jpeg
  • IMG_0999.jpeg
  • PXL_20231201_214036869.jpg