Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Fall Cozy Challenge: Tag a holy-grail self-care product that you're thankful for!

TeamBIC_0-1630508831838.png

Autumn is approaching! We’re getting cozy in the Beauty Insider Community, and what better way to channel the spirit of the season than with a beauty challenge? For the next few months, we’re calling on you to respond to weekly beauty-related prompts inspired by fall. We’re doubling down on self-care and autumnal glam right in time for colder weather and spooky season, and we hope you’ll join us for the fun!

Check out our weekly prompts below:

• Week 1 (9/1 - 9/7): Tag your fave fall lip product (plus any selfies or swatches!) 💋
  • Week 2 (9/8 - 9/14): Share a fragrance that gives you cozy vibes 🍂
  • Week 3 (9/15 -9/21): Shout-out your go-to self-care masks 🧖🏼
  • Week 4 (9/22 - 9/28): List your bath & body routine for colder months 🛁
  • Week 5 (9/29 - 10/5): Post a photo of a fall-inspired eye look 👀
  • Week 6 (10/6 – 10/12): Tag your current hair care routine 💇🏾
  • Week 7 (10/13 – 10/19): Name a seasonal home scent you’ve been loving 🕯
  • Week 8 (10/20 – 10/26): Show us your amazing autumn-inspired nail designs 💅
  • Week 9 (10/27 – 11/2): Happy Halloween! Name a beauty product or trend you were scared to try but ended up loving 🎃
  • Week 10: (11/3 – 11/9): Tag your skincare routine of the season 💆
  • Week 11 (11/10 – 11/16): Name a hair tool you would use to get glam during the holidays 🔥
  • Week 12 (11/17 – 11/23): Tag a holy-grail self-care product that you’re thankful for 🦃

Hit the "Reply" button below and use the "#" symbol to tag a standout product in your self-care routine. The Beauty Insider Community can't wait to hear your recommendation!

Re: Fall Cozy Challenge: Tag your fave cozy fragrance and join us for a new prompt every week!

I'm drawing a blank on any particular scent that reminds me of fall. But I can say Fall/Autumn based scents are some of my favorites! Pumpkin, spices, mmm ❤️

Re: Fall Cozy Challenge: Tag your fave cozy fragrance and join us for a new prompt every week!

Juliette Has a Gun Not A Perfume  is a pure comfort scent for me.  It's clean, soft, and makes me think of getting into my flannel pj's after a hot shower, then covering up with fresh sheets in bed. 

To me, fall is the beginning of "baking season," so I thought I'd mention another simple scent- Outremer Eau De Toilette Vanille.

When I first bought this fragrance, I had used a tissue to spray on and dab onto my arm to see if I liked it (so it wouldn't be super strong.)  I left the tissue on a shelf, and the next day when I went near it I couldn't figure out where I had spilled vanilla extract because I hadn't baked anything!  After the dry down it really is pretty much a straight vanilla scent.  It is sweet, fyi.

38368262_005_b.jpg

I would like straight vanilla bean too, @Ispend2much6 😊

@eshoe   I made a ton of vanilla sugar from some beans I had squirreled away last fall; I can't believe it's been that long.  Guess it should be ready for Christmas baking!

Anyway, it smelled so good; vanilla really does need a little sweetness to bring out its scent, not just its taste.  Have you ever seen vanilla oil?  I have, but can't remember if it was for culinary purposes or perfumery.

You reminded me that I used to ‘make’ vanilla sugar by placing a scraped bean inside of my sugar jar, @Ispend2much6. I had forgotten about it until now! No, I haven’t seen vanilla oil, at least pure.

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Eau de Parfum Extreme 3 oz/ 90 mL Eau De Parfum is warm, feminine but with a hint of Musk underneath.  It gives me sexy night time vibes.

Autumn Vibes, quite literally. 🍁🍂
Autumn Vibes.jpg

Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Autumn Vibes is woodsy, cozy, spicy warmth. Less smoky than By The Fireplace.

For a little bit of aromatherapy while I'm at work, I like to add a couple of spritzes of this beauty to my workspace area (when folks aren't around so as to not trigger anyone's allergies). I imagine this scent would make for a wonderful candle... 🤔🕯

@itsfi @I have to go smell this in store! Fireplace is a bit too Smokey for me so this sounds like a good option ! 

@Kim888, this one is less smokey and less gourmand - I don’t pick up any of the vanilla notes that are in By the Fireplace with Autumn Vibes. If you can get a sample that would be even better. The initial burst took me a little while to get used to. 

I read too fast and anticipated that this scent would make for a wonderful cuddle, @itsfi 🍂😄 it sounds like it would do that, too!

@eshoe, scent is very personal so a cuddle works too. 😄 The notes here would  complement that. 😆 

What is cozier than wrapping your home in fall vibes...for me it's VOLUSPA Spiced Pumpkin Latte Glass Candle and my newest fave, VOLUSPA Forbidden Fig Glass Jar Candle . Forbidden fig is the perfect scent to transition into Fall, with an underlying warmth to it...then I go full bore with SPL! I get compliments whenever someone walks into my house.

@KWallyO, I love Voluspa candles and those two scents are both fabulous for the fall! Spiced Pumpkin Latte has been a longtime love and I’ve really been liking the new scent, Forbidden Fig - you’re right! It is a great scent for transitioning into the fall! 

TOM FORD Café Rose 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray is my seasonal favorite.

@curlychiquita, Cafe Rose is a beautiful blend. 😍

Ok my go to cozy fragrance is  Dior JOY by Dior . The scent is so fresh and clean. It envelopes you like a soft, warm embrace. 

I love Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' By the Fireplace .  I'm not a seasonal fragrance person.  I go through whims where I'm all for it and droughts without.  I love fireplace because it goes from smoky to almost vanilla woodsy.  That's cozy 😊

I like BBW three wick candles for cozy vibes.  Last year I absolutely loved their Hot Cocoa & Cream candle, as well as the Christmas cookie.  I'd love a cider or pumpkin one, but they are all so spice-heavy that I can't find one I'm interested in.

@greeneyedgirl107  I know what you mean about spice-heavy candles. I love spicy scents, but I've also looked for a cider candle that doesn't smell like PSL (which is really just chai) and they're very hard to find. And most apple candles smell like apple pie—too vanilla and/or spiced—instead of plain ol' apple. If I find one that's lower on the spice meter, I'll let you know. 🙂 

@greeneyedgirl107  I wonder how Mrs. Meyers apple cider candle is.  I don't use candles, but I see that scent and the Acorn Spice are available.

I don't typically categorize my fragrances by season, as I'm so sensitive to fragrance that there are very few perfumes I can wear at all. However, I love CHANEL N°5 EAU PREMIÈRE Eau de Parfum 5 oz Eau de Parfum Spray. It always smells so luxurious to me, and makes me feel elegant.

testing