Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Fall Cozy Challenge: Tag a holy-grail self-care product that you're thankful for!

TeamBIC_0-1630508831838.png

Autumn is approaching! We’re getting cozy in the Beauty Insider Community, and what better way to channel the spirit of the season than with a beauty challenge? For the next few months, we’re calling on you to respond to weekly beauty-related prompts inspired by fall. We’re doubling down on self-care and autumnal glam right in time for colder weather and spooky season, and we hope you’ll join us for the fun!

Check out our weekly prompts below:

• Week 1 (9/1 - 9/7): Tag your fave fall lip product (plus any selfies or swatches!) 💋
  • Week 2 (9/8 - 9/14): Share a fragrance that gives you cozy vibes 🍂
  • Week 3 (9/15 -9/21): Shout-out your go-to self-care masks 🧖🏼
  • Week 4 (9/22 - 9/28): List your bath & body routine for colder months 🛁
  • Week 5 (9/29 - 10/5): Post a photo of a fall-inspired eye look 👀
  • Week 6 (10/6 – 10/12): Tag your current hair care routine 💇🏾
  • Week 7 (10/13 – 10/19): Name a seasonal home scent you’ve been loving 🕯
  • Week 8 (10/20 – 10/26): Show us your amazing autumn-inspired nail designs 💅
  • Week 9 (10/27 – 11/2): Happy Halloween! Name a beauty product or trend you were scared to try but ended up loving 🎃
  • Week 10: (11/3 – 11/9): Tag your skincare routine of the season 💆
  • Week 11 (11/10 – 11/16): Name a hair tool you would use to get glam during the holidays 🔥
  • Week 12 (11/17 – 11/23): Tag a holy-grail self-care product that you’re thankful for 🦃

Hit the "Reply" button below and use the "#" symbol to tag a standout product in your self-care routine. The Beauty Insider Community can't wait to hear your recommendation!

Re: Fall Cozy Challenge: Drop your bath & body routine and join us for a new prompt every week!

@Ispend2much6, aww, thank you! 😊 This Aveeno wash looks like a clear gel.

Aveeno body wash.jpeg

Re: Fall Cozy Challenge: Drop your bath & body routine and join us for a new prompt every week!

@itsfi  Thanks!  That's definitely not the one I have.  I keep wondering if mine was mismarked and is really a body moisturizer. lol

@Ispend2much6, I once misread a bottle of Aveeno oil moisturizer as a moisturizing cleansing / shower oil. That made for an interesting surprise in the shower. Hahaha!

I wonder if the product you mentioned is the Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Creamy Wash? That one has a lotion/cream consistency.

@itsfi I love the Almond Milk and Honey scent!  It's so comforting.

@CookieGirl1, it smells so good. I have the almond milk and honey in the butter, lotion and yogurt versions. 😃

@faeriegirl 

Love Necessaire.

Nécessaire The Body Ritual - love this brand!

I don't make a ton of changes in the colder months, but I tend to use a lot more moisturizer  - I like Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Body Cream 

I also have to be diligent about using hand cream constantly: Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream  Skinfix Eczema+ Hand Repair Cream 3 oz/ 89 mL 

@PrettyPaint 

That Bum Bum cream smells amazing!

@TeamBIC My secret bath and body routine is to keep a space heater in the bathroom (away from the water, of course!).

My routine stays the same, since I mostly use SDJ products and I feel that that scent works in the summer and cooler months. 

Still trying to find that perfect body scrub but almost any coffee one is my go to. I have a diamond buff for my feet. 

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian 4 Play Moisturizing Shower Cream-Gel 

Sol de Janeiro Biggie Biggie Bum Bum Cream 16.9 oz/ 500 mL 

Sol de Janeiro Samba 2-Step Foot Fetish Care 3 oz/ 90 mL 

Mostly my body care routine stays the same. I just replace body moisturizer with body oil and go a bit more heavy on hand creams and lip balms.

I use pumpkin 🎃 scented shower gels since where I am from is usually hot and humid all year round 

For skincare on hands and body,  I use #First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration 6.0 oz.  I especially love to use this on my hands, can't do without it.  For lip care,  I use Sara Happ The Lip Slip One Luxe Gloss every day to help with dryness or peeling.

I like to alternate some of my bath and body products, especially if something is a little more drying or time consuming. Below is my routine, step by step, for a FULL regimen.

1. OUAI Detox Shampoo  (only on Mondays) / Morrocanoil Hydrating Shampo (Tu-Su)

2. Morrocanoil Intense Hydrating Mask (1-2x week) / Morrocanoil Hydrating Conditioner

While I let the conditioner sit in my hair, I will follow up with face products… yes, I wash my face in the shower to save water, but also because it’s way more convenient. Don’t worry, I make sure the water isn’t too hot.

3. La Roche Posay Purifying Foaming Cleanser / La Roche Posay Effaclear Purifying Foaming Gel

4. Tatcha The Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder

Comb and rinse the hair.

5. Tree Hut Exotic Bloom Sugar Scrub (using an exfoliating glove)

6. Sol de Janeiro Brazilian 4 Play Moisturizing Shower Cream-Gel

7. Vagisil Odor Block Intimate Wash

Squeeze out excess water from hair. Pat dry face and body. Get excited for the second half of the evening routine.

8. DeoNat Mineral Deodorant Stick (on wet underarms)

9. Paula’s Choice BHA Liquid Exfoliant (MWF)

10. Tatcha The Essence Skincare Boosting Treatment 5.1 oz/ 150 mL 

11. Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Pore Perfecting & Refining Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

12. The INKEY List Caffeine Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

13. Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer 

14. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Lotion or Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Body Cream or FAB Ultra Repair Cream

15. Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Crush Cheirosa ’62 Bum Bum Hair & Body Fragrance Mist 8.1 oz/ 240 mL (optional)

And there goes my evening bath and body routine! 

In cold weather I'll usually switch to a creamier body wash, for one: Soap & Glory's Rich & Foamous is a fave.  Pretty simple routine otherwise, I don't lotion everyday, just keep my shower warm instead of hot to avoid drying out my skin, use a hair mask a little more often, and more likely to throw on a creamy face mask a while before I bathe. If I have any around, (usually do) I'll often dab a bit of Bite Beauty Agave+ Intensive Vegan Lip Mask onto my elbows after drying off, to help protect them; my elbows and heels suffer in the winter no matter what efforts I make. 

I love using the Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Body Cream during the winter! It gives me warm summer vibes and is super hydrating! Last winter, I loved adding in the Nécessaire The Body Serum - With Hyaluronic Acid 5.1 oz/ 150 mL for extra dry elbows and the SEPHORA COLLECTION Hand Mask - Avocado for dry winter hands!

It's sound very cool, I would love to have ...

Okay so my shower routine stays pretty much the same in terms of products but I do add some oregano oil to my shower sometimes to help boost the immune system and help with congestion, etc.. 🚿🌿

As for after the shower, I just moisturize more often and this involves my hair too! So a lot more masks and oils to try to keep them healthy!

My skin gets pretty dry in the winter so i love exfoliating with the ouai body exfoliator and then putting on fresh sugar lemon lotion to lock in moisture and smoothness!