Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Fall Cozy Challenge: Tag a holy-grail self-care product that you're thankful for!

TeamBIC_0-1630508831838.png

Autumn is approaching! We’re getting cozy in the Beauty Insider Community, and what better way to channel the spirit of the season than with a beauty challenge? For the next few months, we’re calling on you to respond to weekly beauty-related prompts inspired by fall. We’re doubling down on self-care and autumnal glam right in time for colder weather and spooky season, and we hope you’ll join us for the fun!

Check out our weekly prompts below:

• Week 1 (9/1 - 9/7): Tag your fave fall lip product (plus any selfies or swatches!) 💋
  • Week 2 (9/8 - 9/14): Share a fragrance that gives you cozy vibes 🍂
  • Week 3 (9/15 -9/21): Shout-out your go-to self-care masks 🧖🏼
  • Week 4 (9/22 - 9/28): List your bath & body routine for colder months 🛁
  • Week 5 (9/29 - 10/5): Post a photo of a fall-inspired eye look 👀
  • Week 6 (10/6 – 10/12): Tag your current hair care routine 💇🏾
  • Week 7 (10/13 – 10/19): Name a seasonal home scent you’ve been loving 🕯
  • Week 8 (10/20 – 10/26): Show us your amazing autumn-inspired nail designs 💅
  • Week 9 (10/27 – 11/2): Happy Halloween! Name a beauty product or trend you were scared to try but ended up loving 🎃
  • Week 10: (11/3 – 11/9): Tag your skincare routine of the season 💆
  • Week 11 (11/10 – 11/16): Name a hair tool you would use to get glam during the holidays 🔥
  • Week 12 (11/17 – 11/23): Tag a holy-grail self-care product that you’re thankful for 🦃

Hit the "Reply" button below and use the "#" symbol to tag a standout product in your self-care routine. The Beauty Insider Community can't wait to hear your recommendation!

Re: Fall Cozy Challenge: Tag your fave fall lip and join us for a new prompt every week!

Ha I love that @WinglessOne ! I’ve bought several of them upon your recommendation tho I don’t think they hold that many?! Maybe I’m missing out on the max capacity ones?! Ugh. Spice racks you say?!💡 Same scenario over here! Finally had to move out of bathroom into a vanity table and drawers and still the top is full. 🤦🏻‍♀️What a lip party you and I could have! 😄🥰

Re: Fall Cozy Challenge: Tag your fave fall lip and join us for a new prompt every week!

@Sunnysmom (I'd LOVE to have a lipstick party! Someday... sigh) @Ispend2much6  Here's a year-old photo of my liquid lipstick drawer: 

Spoiler

It looks so organized here, but today it's a total disaster—because I have too much lipstick crammed in there now. This drawer holds an expandable acrylic in-drawer spice rack. 

The liquid lipstick drawer. These I always arrange by brand. I, um, kinda love Lancome L'Absolu Lacquers.The liquid lipstick drawer. These I always arrange by brand. I, um, kinda love Lancome L'Absolu Lacquers.

Before I put the acrylic rack in there, I had 2 bamboo in-drawer spice racks in this drawer. They looked nicer, but I can fit more items on this expandable version. In-drawer spice racks are hard to find these days. I bought this acrylic one on Amazon a couple years ago, and I found my old bamboo racks at TJ Maxx. 

I like the pull-down spice rack idea! Depending on how I set up my vanity space, I might get a couple of those to place on a high shelf. I could store highlighters and other things in them. Hmm... 

My ByAlegory countertop lipstick carousels hold 32 bullets per side. 2 sides = 64 bullets. The top of each carousel comes configured to hold an additional 16 bullets. Since you can remove lots of dividers in these carousels... 

Spoiler

I reconfigure mine so I can do things like cram 1/3 of my mini lipstick collection on top of one (these photos are also a year old): 

I reconfigured the top of this carousel to hold some of my mini bullets.I reconfigured the top of this carousel to hold some of my mini bullets.

...or store slim/stick bullets and crayons atop another one: 

I removed all dividers from this top and repurposed some Sugarfina cubes to hold crayons and slim lipsticks.I removed all dividers from this top and repurposed some Sugarfina cubes to hold crayons and slim lipsticks.

And I added more acrylic containers to the sides of that carousel to hold some of my Rouge Gs and lip liners. 

These particular carousels are even harder to find. If you want one and you ever see them available at Amazon or elsewhere, grab one while you can! I've had one arrive damaged: the top row on one side has a broken vertical divider. ByAlegory let me keep it and sent a new one free of charge. 

Thanks for showing us @WinglessOne , terrific! I’m going to have to add another lip organizer ( or 2!) soon so I’ll be on the lookout. I have a few smaller carousels but they don’t hold this many. Love the drawer idea. Agree on organizing by brand, I think it’s the only way for some semblance of order! Ugh. Tho I do have one for my most reached for lips so there goes that theory!  @Ispend2much6 yours looks great too!

@Sunnysmom  Oh, the only lippies I organize by brand are liquids, slim/stick bullets, crayons (not liners though), minis, and odd shaped bullets like Rouge Gs. Everything else is arranged by color in my carousels. I also use clear acrylic caps on most MAC, Bite, and ColourPop bullets. For me, it’s easier and more intuitive to find bullets by color than brand. Probably because I have such a wide range of colors in my hoard. 😂 

That makes good sense for you  @WinglessOne , I would do that too I think. I tried it that way before but for me brands do better bec they are close ish in tones tho I sadly know all the nuances to them! 🙄😂

I think I could do my liquids and stains by color tho, 🤔. Rainy day project. (Since we seldom get any! I miss the Illinois seasons!) 😫

@WinglessOne  Simply amazing.  Thank you for taking the time to share your organization tips.  I love the idea of the in-drawer racks because you can see what you're looking for.  All of my makeup (the products that aren't in piles, that is,) are in the Sorbus multi-level drawer organizers.  So I do sort by product or brand, but I still have to search to get what I want to use.  I need an easier system, or else less stuff.

@Ispend2much6  I keep most of my non-lip makeup in countertop drawers (I use the “luxe acrylic” ones from The Container Store) and on magnetic wall shelves. I hear you on digging through drawers to find what you need, no matter how organized the drawer is. My blush singles and duos are neatly arranged by brand in drawers, but I never memorize the shade order they’re in, so I have to look through them. I should put them in alphabetical order (by shade name) while keeping them grouped by brand. That’d help a bit. 

You hit the nail head though: what’s really needed is less stuff. 🤣 I’ve gone through periods of feeling overwhelmed and smothered by my lipstick hoard, which is why I did a massive declutter 2 years ago. I’m getting close to that again now. Really need to declutter again. 

@WinglessOne  Me too.  I had everything all organized and manageable, and then it grew.

@WinglessOne What a signature PMG eye look I also love the lipstick + lip liner combo you have going on here!

Thanks @Guessgal ! Aside from the inner corner, my upper lids are nothing but the multichrome shade in Mothership 8. That shadow's a whole look on its own. 😄 [ EDIT: I think I also used the deep brown shade in 8 to darken the outer corner just a bit. ]

And I hope Bite plans to re-release their lip pencils—in as good a formula as before—so I can stop rationing the ones I have. 

@WinglessOne , what a beautiful shade on you!

Thanks @FullCoverageBB ! It's hard to capture that lipstick's shimmer in photos, but at least there are a couple blue sparklies visible. I also see a stray gold sparkle on my chin 🤣... probably fallout from one of the PMG shadows. 

@TeamBIC MAC Nightmoth lipliner with MAC Cosmetics Matte Lipstick Diva 

7EB41B88-B285-422E-B8EB-E429CBD5BCC0.jpeg

@SportyGirly125 HOLY MOLY!!! That looks amazing!!!

@Samtian Thank you so much!!!

@SportyGirly125 wow!!!! Love this beautiful shade on you ❤️❤️❤️

@lmaster Thank you. 

Just amazing, @SportyGirly125!! 💄

@haleyvvvv Thank you!

@SportyGirly125  Stunning.

1 Reply
testing