Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Fall Cozy Challenge: Tag a holy-grail self-care product that you're thankful for!

TeamBIC_0-1630508831838.png

Autumn is approaching! We’re getting cozy in the Beauty Insider Community, and what better way to channel the spirit of the season than with a beauty challenge? For the next few months, we’re calling on you to respond to weekly beauty-related prompts inspired by fall. We’re doubling down on self-care and autumnal glam right in time for colder weather and spooky season, and we hope you’ll join us for the fun!

Check out our weekly prompts below:

• Week 1 (9/1 - 9/7): Tag your fave fall lip product (plus any selfies or swatches!) 💋
  • Week 2 (9/8 - 9/14): Share a fragrance that gives you cozy vibes 🍂
  • Week 3 (9/15 -9/21): Shout-out your go-to self-care masks 🧖🏼
  • Week 4 (9/22 - 9/28): List your bath & body routine for colder months 🛁
  • Week 5 (9/29 - 10/5): Post a photo of a fall-inspired eye look 👀
  • Week 6 (10/6 – 10/12): Tag your current hair care routine 💇🏾
  • Week 7 (10/13 – 10/19): Name a seasonal home scent you’ve been loving 🕯
  • Week 8 (10/20 – 10/26): Show us your amazing autumn-inspired nail designs 💅
  • Week 9 (10/27 – 11/2): Happy Halloween! Name a beauty product or trend you were scared to try but ended up loving 🎃
  • Week 10: (11/3 – 11/9): Tag your skincare routine of the season 💆
  • Week 11 (11/10 – 11/16): Name a hair tool you would use to get glam during the holidays 🔥
  • Week 12 (11/17 – 11/23): Tag a holy-grail self-care product that you’re thankful for 🦃

Hit the "Reply" button below and use the "#" symbol to tag a standout product in your self-care routine. The Beauty Insider Community can't wait to hear your recommendation!

Re: Fall Cozy Challenge: Drop your bath & body routine and join us for a new prompt every week!

I use pumpkin 🎃 scented shower gels since where I am from is usually hot and humid all year round 

Re: Fall Cozy Challenge: Drop your bath & body routine and join us for a new prompt every week!

For skincare on hands and body,  I use #First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration 6.0 oz.  I especially love to use this on my hands, can't do without it.  For lip care,  I use Sara Happ The Lip Slip One Luxe Gloss every day to help with dryness or peeling.

I like to alternate some of my bath and body products, especially if something is a little more drying or time consuming. Below is my routine, step by step, for a FULL regimen.

1. OUAI Detox Shampoo  (only on Mondays) / Morrocanoil Hydrating Shampo (Tu-Su)

2. Morrocanoil Intense Hydrating Mask (1-2x week) / Morrocanoil Hydrating Conditioner

While I let the conditioner sit in my hair, I will follow up with face products… yes, I wash my face in the shower to save water, but also because it’s way more convenient. Don’t worry, I make sure the water isn’t too hot.

3. La Roche Posay Purifying Foaming Cleanser / La Roche Posay Effaclear Purifying Foaming Gel

4. Tatcha The Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder

Comb and rinse the hair.

5. Tree Hut Exotic Bloom Sugar Scrub (using an exfoliating glove)

6. Sol de Janeiro Brazilian 4 Play Moisturizing Shower Cream-Gel

7. Vagisil Odor Block Intimate Wash

Squeeze out excess water from hair. Pat dry face and body. Get excited for the second half of the evening routine.

8. DeoNat Mineral Deodorant Stick (on wet underarms)

9. Paula’s Choice BHA Liquid Exfoliant (MWF)

10. Tatcha The Essence Skincare Boosting Treatment 5.1 oz/ 150 mL 

11. Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Pore Perfecting & Refining Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

12. The INKEY List Caffeine De-puffing + Dark Circle Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

13. Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer 

14. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Lotion or Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Visibly Firming Refillable Body Cream or FAB Ultra Repair Cream

15. Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Crush Cheirosa ’62 Bum Bum Hair & Body Fragrance Mist 8.1 oz/ 240 mL (optional)

And there goes my evening bath and body routine! 

In cold weather I'll usually switch to a creamier body wash, for one: Soap & Glory's Rich & Foamous is a fave.  Pretty simple routine otherwise, I don't lotion everyday, just keep my shower warm instead of hot to avoid drying out my skin, use a hair mask a little more often, and more likely to throw on a creamy face mask a while before I bathe. If I have any around, (usually do) I'll often dab a bit of Bite Beauty Agave+ Intensive Vegan Lip Mask onto my elbows after drying off, to help protect them; my elbows and heels suffer in the winter no matter what efforts I make. 

I love using the Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Visibly Firming Refillable Body Cream during the winter! It gives me warm summer vibes and is super hydrating! Last winter, I loved adding in the Nécessaire The Body Serum - With Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide + Ceramide 5.1 oz/ 150 mL for extra dry elbows and the SEPHORA COLLECTION Hand Mask - Avocado for dry winter hands!

It's sound very cool, I would love to have ...

Okay so my shower routine stays pretty much the same in terms of products but I do add some oregano oil to my shower sometimes to help boost the immune system and help with congestion, etc.. 🚿🌿

As for after the shower, I just moisturize more often and this involves my hair too! So a lot more masks and oils to try to keep them healthy!

My skin gets pretty dry in the winter so i love exfoliating with the ouai body exfoliator and then putting on fresh sugar lemon lotion to lock in moisture and smoothness! 

I keep things pretty simple year round, but in the winter I’ll sometimes get eczema flare ups. I use the Tatcha Indigo body butter more often in the winter, and discovered the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 6 oz/ 170 g last year as my dry, cracked, winter hand savior! I also slather the LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C on since my lips get soooo dry. 

It seems counterproductive since mint gives a cooling sensation, but from November on I like to use Philosophy's Candy Cane shower gel with Josie Maran's Body Butter in Peppermint Bark.  I'm so glad JM brought this scent back!

Other than that, I switch to more intensely moisturizing body cleansers, like Skinfix Eczema+ Foaming Oil Body Wash 12.5 oz/ 370 mL  and First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 6 oz/ 170 g .

I recently picked up SEPHORA COLLECTION Multi-Purpose Oil Jojoba Protecting Oil  and I'm looking forward to adding this to my routine, under the FAB cream.

Haha my bath and body routine is not nearly as nice as it is during warmer months. For me in the cooler/cold months its hurry to get in and out, under 5 minutes. Because it's so cold when I get out waaah. 

I make sure to exfoliate my lips, hands, feet and body at least once a week. I use:

fresh Sugar Lip Polish Exfoliator 

True Blue hand scrub

Ulta Pedí Pebble

REN Clean Skincare Atlantic Kelp and Magnesium Salt Anti-Fatigue Exfoliating Body Scrub 11.2 oz/ 330 mL 

Aveeno body wash which is super gentle for my skin 

To moisturize my body I love using oils and a body mask:

Kopari Pink Soufflé Body Mask with Niacinamide, Kaolin Clay, Dragon Fruit and Coconut Oil 8 oz/ 236 mL 

REN Clean Skincare AHA Smart Renewal Body Serum 6.8 oz/ 200 mL 

Almond oil or Vitamin E Oil and Bio Oil

Caudalie Vinosculpt Lift & Firm Body Cream 8.4 oz/ 250 mL 

Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream 

L'Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream 5.2 oz/ 150 mL 

Cuticle oil

Bath and Body Works or Trader Joe’s seasonal scent body cream/butter. 

Kopari 100% Organic Coconut Melt 5.1 oz/ 150 mL 

Re: Fall Cozy Challenge: Tell us your go-to masks and check in for a new prompt every week!

Love reading about everyone's go to masks and adding new ones to look into soon. Here are some masks that give my skin some much needed TLC from summer-to-fall and well through the fall months:

fave mask - main.jpg

To make my skin soft, smooth and free of clogged pores, I reach for Peach & Lily Super Reboot Resurfacing Mask - the pretty teal gel consistency feels light against the skin. The tingle varies in potency depending on how my skin is doing but does not linger. If I'm not in the mood for a mask that tingles, innisfree Pore Clearing Clay Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL is a go-to for gently but effectively decongesting my T-zone and chin area. I don't find either of these two masks to be drying for me, but the shift in weather that comes with fall can mean more sensitized and dry skin for me and when that happens, a mask like Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Facial Barrier Mask Ceramidin™ Facial Mask fits the bill - soothing, moisturizing and repairing.

As the weather becomes more and more chilly, the warming effect of the Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask does double duty - a cozy mask that's wonderful for unwinding after a long day, this one also gives me baby soft, smooth, clear, brightened skin. And a fave I see among many BIC'ers! Also performing double duty during the cooler months is the Origins Clear Improvement™ Charcoal Honey Mask to Purify and Nourish 2.5 oz/ 75 mL - this helps with acne and maskne while also keeping the drier parts of my face hydrated; love that this does not harden or make my face tight as it dries. 💛🍯

Sleep care is a huge part of my selfcare. It's definitely a work in progress to get in quality sleep (and lately, to get uninterrupted sleep). Steam eye masks are one of my best discoveries and something I have on my nightstand at all times. There are a lot of brands that make these masks but my favorites are the Kao Megrhythm Gentle Steam Eye Mask. This one is the yuzu scented one which is the strongest scent of the different varieties in this line. For an overnight mask that soothes and hydrates skin while I sleep (and reduces some redness too), LANEIGE Cica Sleeping Mask is a must have.

It was a challenge to choose one sheet mask so I went with one that can be found at Sephora. Here are a few others (not available at Sephora) that I'll be reaching for with some frequency in the fall:

Spoiler
The milky/cream serum in the Innisfree, Dermatory and Dr. G sheet masks are luxuriously nourishing and perfect for dry skin or cooler weather. The INNBeauty Project mask is like a Biore strip for the entire face - my skin looks and feel more smooth and clear.The milky/cream serum in the Innisfree, Dermatory and Dr. G sheet masks are luxuriously nourishing and perfect for dry skin or cooler weather. The INNBeauty Project mask is like a Biore strip for the entire face - my skin looks and feel more smooth and clear.

Happy masking and happy fall, BIC! 🍁

Re: Fall Cozy Challenge: Tell us your go-to masks and check in for a new prompt every week!

I absolutely love the Nature Republic Ginseng Gold Silk 2-Step Hydrogel Mask. It is my favorite sheet mask ever, so very high praise. I have combination-oily skin. In the fall/winter I use the sheet mask once a week after the Drunk Elephant Mini T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 0.5 oz/ 15 mL  to get rid of all the flakiness I start getting. I always feel like the combination gives me glowing, plump skin for days. 

I often make my own wash-off oatmeal mask, but an easier to use is the SEPHORA COLLECTION Instant Masks , it's perfect for making my skin look super smooth and healthy; and my other two faves are from Fresh. fresh Vitamin C Glow Face Mask, I just adore for brightening up my complexion when its dull and when I want to sit with a mask on for a longer while. My all-time year 'round fave is fresh Rose Face Mask 3.3 oz/ 100 mL . This is the one I use before any big event, and whenever I have a gig. Feels & smells lovely and makes my skin look super fresh and rested. 

Midflower Hyaluronic Acid mask is a great sheet mask. 

Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask is a HG!!! It softens my skin, hydrates it and makes my skin feel so nourished,, its a must have

348D21E9-98DD-4AF4-A445-3B9BDCF12FDE.jpeg

I really enjoy the Tonymoly I’m real red wine sheet mask (image from internet cause I am currently out of it ) 

I am loving the Dr. Jart masks for fall ❤️

My first thought here would have to be Farmacy's honey potion mask. The light warming sensation is definitely comforting!
Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask 4.1 oz/ 117 g 

My skin type/behavior, for reference: I have mostly-dry combo skin that's fairly sensitive and very inflammation-prone. Pretty much all the skin on my body is quite reactive: I flush red while applying body lotion if I'm not very gentle about it, and sometimes my skin welts up in the process. My skin reacts very well to centella asiatica, needs all the hydrators it can get, and adores ceramides. 

Favorite masks that Sephora sells: 

Beyond Sephora, some of my fave masks: 

FavoriteMasks-Fall2021.jpeg

I could list several LuLuLun masks, but let's narrow things down to the 3 in that photo: Yamanashi Peach, Japanese Maple, and Kyushu Watermelon. I should've also included the Kytoto Green Tea mask. 

testing