Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

FOUND IN THE WILD THREAD!!!

This thread is for posting all of the new products spotted on Sephora's site.

Sometimes the new products for purchase for Sephora Canada are posted here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/What-s-New-On-The-Site-Today-Canada/m-p/2164948

If you want to see Fall-Winter and Holiday previews check out the releases thread:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/FALL-WINTER-amp-HOLIDAY-2020-RELEASES/m-p/55432...

New product review and discussion thread:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/New-Products-Reviews-Discussions-and-More/m-p/3...

YUxqdgWG6akb2.jpg

Re: FOUND IN THE WILD THREAD!!!

@itsfi  Agreed. I actually finally opened my mini kit and I like the balm cleanser a lot. I’ve noticed a huge difference when I use it. The serum has been nice too. 

@ather, how often do you use the balm cleanser? I know it contains salicylic and lactic acids so I'd probably need to keep a close eye on how many other AHA / BHA products are in my routine if I'm using this cleanser.

I’ve been using it mainly on my chin. Not super often. I forgot I purchased it awhile ago and I ran out of my dots so I grabbed it. I think I’ll mainly use it during breakout when I’m not applying many other products on my face. It seemed to calm down the spots I have!

Not new, but the Becca highlighters that are in stock (except for Champagne Pop,) are 50% off.

Tatcha The Indigo Cream Soothing Skin Protectant 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

this would be way too thick for me but it looks so soothing

AEC95852-97B3-4FFA-BAF3-4F6B3C67A683.png

Rather limited product offering so far, but I'm glad to see Grace Eleyae at Sephora! 

graceeleyae-sephora - 1.jpeg

I have their headbands and Slaps (both original and adjustable) in a few different colors and materials, along with several of their original face masks which I still use when I'm out around people. GE now also makes a longer Slap that more easily holds long hair, so hopefully that style will find its way to Sephora soon. 

@WinglessOne 

I'm so d@mn excited for this..I just saw this on the homepage.  I have a few of the turbans, the edge comb and some headbands. I wish the wax line was offered here too, but this is fantastic!  🙌🏼 Yes, Sephora @TeamBIC and @SephoraBIC 

@WinglessOne Interesting!  And I like the pricepoint on the slaps!

I have noticed a huge difference in my curls/waves since I started sleeping in my Grace Eleyae Adjustable Slap. My hair looks good for up to 6 days. I pineapple my hair and just sleep in it. Glad that there is another option for purchase. Thank you very much for posting @WinglessOne.

@Loretta55 And @WinglessOne  so it’s satin cap you wear to sleep? Do you wear it with wet or dry hair? Does it keep your curls from being flattened? I’m confused.

I never go to sleep with wet hair @sprocketta. I gather my hair in a high ponytail then I put on the cap. It almost reminds me of a dunce cap but since I have started using it I see a huge difference in my curls/waves. I still need to touch up sections.

@Loretta55 What’s the difference? Less flat? More defined? I sleep with a cpap so one side ends up a little different. I’m not going to bed with wet hair since I cut mine shorter. I’m wondering if I should get one of these.

@sprocketta  If your hair's never frizzy or super dry in the morning, and your pillowcases don't damage your hair, then you probably don't need a Slap or any other hair covering overnight. I actually don't wear them overnight unless I've washed my hair that night. I sleep on silk pillowcases, so damage isn't an issue for me. But after washing + conditioning + styling my hair (and drying it enough to not soak my pillow), I either wear a Slap or tie a big silk scarf around my head to sleep in. This method keeps my coils frizz-free, plus I can control some of the hair smushing bound to happen in my sleep. It's easier to snap the smushed coils back into shape in the morning when my hair's covered overnight vs. left out to roam freely on my pillowcase. 

I wear Slaps mostly on days I'm too lazy to do much with my hair (aka hat or hair wrap days), or when it's slightly chilly out. The outer layer's a rayon blend, but the inner polyester layer keeps my head comfortably warm when temps are in the 40s & 50s. Grace Eleyae also makes wool and cashmere Slaps that usually aren't available til fall; those are, of course, satin lined. I have a wool one and it's wonderful to be able to throw on a wool hat without having to wrap my hair in a silk scarf first, to protect my coils from breakage. I hope GE makes a longer version of the wool Slap this year; that'd be perfect for me. 

@WinglessOne Thanks. Sounds like I don’t need one. It’s funny my curls always look better when I wake up and then I brush my hair and try to coax them back in place.

Thanks, @Loretta55 & @WinglessOne !  I would never have given a slap a second (ok, a first) thought if you hadn't mentioned it!  I like going as many days as I can between hair washings, but my hair is always so frizzy in the morning.  This may be what I need??? 🤷‍♀️

@Titian06  I wash my hair once a week, if even that often. Slaps definitely help with frizz control. I mean, so will a silk or polyester satin scarf wrapped around your head, but Slaps tend to stay on overnight. Silk scarves usually slide off in my sleep. 

If you try one, I hope it works for you! GE makes them in several colors; I guess they're just testing the Sephora waters with 2 or 3 neutrals. 😄 

Early access through Sephora app for Jackie Aina’s Fovr Mood candles 

F0F0A332-5DA8-456C-AFE6-680D826BACA9.jpeg

@lmaster @GeorginaBT 

@itsfi  I was actually snooping around on Sephora site today and stumbled upon this brand. Have you tried it?

@ather, it's always fun (and dangerous) to snoop around the Sephora site. 😀 I picked up FORVR Mood Matcha Business Candle 10 oz/ 283 g before Sephora started carrying the brand. It's not so much a matcha green tea scent as a coffee/latte with an herbal / tea scent. Leans on the sweet side but not overwhelmingly so. I would have purchased it again, but there are others I wanted to try first. I picked up FORVR Mood Mini Candle Gift Set- Send Moods set but just have not had the time to light any of them. The cold throw on them is nice. 👍

I’ve never heard of this line @itsfi , they look yummy! 

@Sunnysmom, it's by Jackie Aina (a YT'er). She sold them directly on her site before this partnership with Sephora. The throw on her candles, both cold and when lit, are good.

10 Replies
testing