cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Demystifying the Community Rank System

TeamBIC_0-1658959094953.png

UPDATE 10/19: We're excited to announce that these rank updates here in the Beauty Insider Community are officially LIVE! 😊🎉 Please join us in the celebration by hitting "Reply" and sharing your rank. Whether you're rocking a brand new rank icon badge, or parading the same rank icon badge with pride, all are welcome to the rank party. 🥳

In the coming months, we’ll be making some further tweaks to our Community, including expanding and evolving the Community rank system. With more changes on the horizon, now seemed like an excellent opportunity to answer some common questions we’ve seen in the Forum.

What is a Community rank?

A rank is a visual representation of your level in the Community, earned through your Community contributions. The more you’ve been involved in helping others and engaging in Community, the higher your rank is likely to be (more on this in a second).

Your rank is visible in two places – on your profile in the form of a rank badge and next to your nickname in the Community Forum and Gallery.

Is my Community rank the same as my Beauty Insider Loyalty status?

Community ranks are specific to your Community contributions. Your Loyalty status is not connected to your Community rank. For example, you may be a Boss III in the Beauty Insider Community and a VIB Loyalty member. Or a Rising Star I in the Community and a Rouge Loyalty member.

What changes can I expect?

When the Beauty Insider Community started, we could only guess at how we’d grow. With over a decade since our first launch as Beauty Talk, and more than five years since the Beauty Insider Community relaunch, now it’s time to rework and expand the available ranks to match the growth of our community.

In an effort to make sure that everyone is recognized for their contributions, the rank system will be expanded from 12 ranks across 4 categories to 40 ranks across 8 categories. We want the community as a whole – from the community newbies to our community leaders – to be included and rewarded.

TeamBIC_2-1658959125734.png

How do I move up the ranks?

The short answer is by helping and inspiring other members of the community. Do what you would normally do – share, connect, and appreciate others – and the rank ups will follow. Naturally, we can’t share the secret sauce, but we can offer some guiding principles:

• Post content with our BIC guidelines in mind. Reactions to your contributions are really important. So post the good stuff – threads and replies that are helpful, funny, fabulous, and inspire your fellow Community members to engage.

• React to others’ great contributions. If you see a post you like, be sure to give it a heart and tell your fellow members how much you appreciate it. Everyone loves a little love. This helps to bubble up the best posts and makes Community a really welcoming place to be.

• Show up in all your glory. Who are you? We’d all love to know who is behind all those awesome posts. Make sure you’ve completed your profile. This is an easy way to get started in Community and connect with fellow enthusiasts. It’s never too late to complete your profile for a little boost if you haven’t already.

• Contribute good photos and reviews. Not everyone is born to be an author in the Forum – we love photos and reviews too. Show us what you’ve got! Thoughtful reviews and great photos (either as part of your review or on our Gallery) can be really helpful to other members. Photos don’t need to be of your face if you’re feeling camera shy. We love seeing swatches, hauls, shelfies, and routines as well.

• Ask for advice and dole some out. This community is the best place to ask your burning questions, get recommendations and opinions, and share your own. You can feel secure knowing you’re surrounded by fellow beauty enthusiasts. Ask for advice or opinions in both the Forum and on the Questions & Answers area on product pages. 

• Operate with integrity. The backbone of our community is trust – without trust, it doesn’t work. Trying to game the system and move up the ranks will be noticed by the community admins and moderators. If you have questions, our community guidelines (linked here) are clear about what is and isn’t acceptable behavior.

What about the Community Ambassadors? Is that a rank?

In short, “Community Ambassador” is a designation as part of an official recognition program. It’s not specifically tied to rank but those individuals with a higher rank are more likely to be considered.

Sephora Beauty Insider Community Ambassadors (or Sephora Community Ambassadors) are highly engaged Community members across all areas of Community (Forum, Gallery, Reviews, and Questions & Answers). These members regularly help other members by sharing their favorite products and beauty routines, posting honest reviews, and uploading looks or “shelfies.” To recognize them, we created the annual Sephora Beauty Insider Community Ambassador program and invited them to participate. All opinions expressed by the Community Ambassadors are theirs alone.  

Community Ambassadors help curate the content that you see within the main feed on the Community Forum and they can be identified by their “Community Ambassador” badge.

Edited 7/28/2022

Will my rank reset once the changes are made? 

No! 😊 Your rank will not reset, and no one is starting over. All the contributions you’ve made since the 2017 relaunch of the Beauty Insider Community will contribute to your new rank. 

We hope this helps to answer any questions you have had about the Beauty Insider Community rank system. Stay tuned for when the changes are planned to go into effect! 🤩💖🙏🏻🦙

Re: Demystifying the Community Rank System

@sister13  lol it’s nice to not be the only one. I posted a picture of my cat today in pet paradise and I was like YES. 

YES! Headed to Pet Paradise now to see and heart the cuteness! @Weetart 

@Weetart @Have you posted your thoughts on the Beauty Insider Community Feedback ? 

good idea! I have been waiting for the interface to be fixed for ever! I miss my masking and lipstick buddies!

@Weetart, we miss you too!! 😊

Awww @itsfi HUGS lol

i actually was thinking of you when I picked up a TooFaced palette last week. 

Edit: because of the scents and the season and how you like themes 

Hahaha @Weetart! I do love me all those things - scents, seasons and themes! 😄

Hugs back at ya @Weetart! I hope they get those bugs fixed for you soon so you can post, girl! 🤞🏼 Want to see those great looks you create! 

Awesome! This will definitely have more Sephora members engage in the Sephora Community! I would like to see myself reach each rank!!

What a cool pre-birthday gift: Rising Star II, woot! 🌠

GGI! Happy birthday! 🎈🎂🎁 @LCResz 

Happy early birthday @LCResz!!

Happy (early) Birthday, @LCResz !   Congratulations on your new ranking!

Looks like Go-Getter I to me, @LCResz 🤩🎉

351C7E10-D115-438A-BD92-8417AC8C79D2.gif

Yay! Happy birthday @LCResz !!🎂🎉 

Thanks @Saradestin! It was a nice surprise to see my rank update, it’s giving me the old BT vibes 😇

@LCResz, sending beautifully scented 😊 well wishes to you for your birthday! 🎉 

Thanks @itsfi! Now to plot what I’lol get during the holiday sale!

Oooh, I’m excited for you @LCResz! Looking forward to hearing about your birthday haul. Go big LCResz, it’s your birthday!!! 🎊 🎁 

Newcomer III

Newcomer 3 🥰

9 Replies
testing