cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Community just got a touch up on the Sephora app! ๐Ÿ˜

TeamBIC_0-1654626685325.png

Hey there, BIC! ๐Ÿ‘‹ Exciting announcement: The Beauty Insider Community section of the Sephora mobile application (available for Android and iOS) just got a fresh touch up! We heard that Community members like you want easier ways to navigate around the BIC โ€“ especially on the Sephora app โ€“ and we are always looking for ways to improve. Keep reading to get the 4-1-1 on the latest updates. ๐Ÿ‘€

TeamBIC_1-1654626701971.png

Now, clicking the โ€œCommunityโ€ icon on the bottom navigation bar of the Sephora app will take you straight to the Community home page โ€“ the Sephora app is catching up to Communityโ€™s desktop and mobile web experience. ๐Ÿ˜‰ At the top of the home page, you can toggle between Community home, your profile, groups, and the Gallery; you can also start a Forum conversation, post a Gallery photo, or access your Community private message inbox. Handy, right? And don't forget to check out the new Trending Groups and Featured Photos sections to browse buzzing BIC content!

TeamBIC_2-1654626714662.png

While on the Community home page, scroll down to the bottom to find the โ€œGetting Startedโ€ menu, where youโ€™ll find resources like our guidelines and how-to videos, which are especially helpful if youโ€™re new to Community! Below that, the โ€œLooking for Something?โ€ section lets you search among all of Communityโ€™s groups.

Make sure to update your Sephora mobile app (or download the app if you havenโ€™t already!) to see these new updates with your own eyes. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Re: Community just got a touch up on the Sephora app! ๐Ÿ˜

@GeorginaBT The same thing happened to my pictures as well.  I am using an Apple Phone to upload the pictures on the web and App.

Thanks @Missnur and @SportyGirly125 for the extra info here! Again, so sorry to hear that products are falling off of your photos after you've taken the time to tag them. โ˜น๏ธ We're getting our partners to look into this as we speak! 

@GeorginaBT @Thank you 

Hi again @SportyGirly125 and @Missnur! I'm passing along a question from our tech partners who are looking into this Gallery issue - would either/both of you be able to share any of the specific products you tagged in a recent Gallery upload that didn't appear once the photo went live? 

Appreciate your help here! ๐Ÿ™

Hi @GeorginaBT  I'm still having the same issue with no products  showing after photos have been approved in the gallery. I'm tagging the product  in the description and that is showing correctly, in case you need the list of the products. But the actual product tag still not working since I first reported it. I have updated the app to the latest version and using aniPhone. 

Hi all! So appreciate your patience as our tech partners continue to look at this one, and I'm so sorry for the delay on the fix! I do appreciate your updates to let us know that you're still seeing the issues when uploading to Gallery on the app - I'll pass this info along to the team. 

@Missnur @itsfi @SportyGirly125 

@GeorginaBT @I also noticed on the app that the pictures are cropped and donโ€™t show the full image like they used to. 

05512D29-DEDD-4108-8C38-6FBE2D0B3DCF.jpeg

Thanks for the feedback on this @SportyGirly125! We're taking notes for potential future improvements to Gallery ... ๐Ÿ“ More to come! ๐Ÿ˜Š

@GeorginaBT Thank you!

Ditto @GeorginaBT. Iโ€™m having the same issues as @Missnur. Iโ€™m using an iPhone. Iโ€™ve tried tagging the products from both my โ€œpurchasesโ€ list and the general search function. It shows up as a tagged product when I submit the post but the tagged items do not appear when the post goes live. 

@itsfi @Missnur @TeamBIC @GeorginaBT I did a test. Products donโ€™t get tagged when you use the app. When you use the Sephora website on your phone and tag pictures they show up. 

Yes @SportyGirly125 , I did tell @GeorginaBT  back in august browser through my phone was working just fine loading photos and tagging products. But just the app hasn't been working correctly tagging photos for a while  and still is not working, I see it is not just mee since @itsfi is having the exact same issue. 

@SportyGirly125, I have only ever posted to the Gallery through the app - I cannot upload photos or post to the Gallery on any other medium (not sure why). In the past I have been able to tag products and have them show up when I've gone through the app. @Missnur @TeamBIC @GeorginaBT 

@itsfi I think I remember you reporting issues uploading to Gallery from web browsers in the past! I'm bummed to hear it's still not working for you. ๐Ÿ™ If you're able to remind me what the experience is like when you do try to upload from a web browser, I can get this back onto our tech partners' list. Thanks for your patience with the bugs!! 

Will do @GeorginaBT! I'm making a "note to self" to follow up on this; I'll also try again through different browsers to see if that makes a difference. I'm heartened to hear that uploading from a desktop / laptop is something that works for others, so it could be user error. Eek. We'll figure it out. 

Appreciate you @itsfi!! 

Back at ya @GeorginaBT! Thank you so much for keeping up on the things behind the scenes! ๐Ÿ˜˜

@itsfi @Something happened last month that we let TeamBIC know about the non tagging. I think they are still working on it to be fixed. 

Hi @GeorginaBT ! I am going to add another fun fact. I posted several pictures this past days and tagged a bunch of products, but there were some that, not being available at Sephora anymore, I couldnโ€™t find to tag. So what I always do in that case is to write in the description box which are those products. Funny enough, non of the pictures posted show any of the products I tagged, but it shows instead, as tagged, the ones I couldnโ€™t find because they are not sold at Sephora anymore! The information from my comments was taken automatically and translated into tags. It is funny that I cannot find the old product that I want to tag, but when the picture posts, if I write them in the description, those not available anymore products show up! 

This is such an odd experience, @Saradestin! Thanks for taking the time to explain what is going on in clear detail - it's super helpful! We're not only going to look into your product tags falling off of your Gallery photos, but investigate this separate issue about product tags being added to your uploads (even when they're product that are no longer sold at Sephora!). 

We'll keep you updated on the status of this issue! Appreciate your patience, as always. ๐Ÿ˜Š

@GeorginaBT I had the same thing happen.  My products I tagged were not listed but the ones in my comments were.  Also, I submitted 2 pictures on Tuesday but only 1 posted.

Conversation Stats
Photos9
  • TeamBIC_0-1654626685325.png
  • TeamBIC_1-1654626701971.png
  • TeamBIC_2-1654626714662.png
  • 09BE16B7-CD2A-45D2-8659-AAF0C0A1A3DA.jpeg
  • 05512D29-DEDD-4108-8C38-6FBE2D0B3DCF.jpeg
  • A2A20A9A-3CCD-4B68-9418-6B91A8F869A2.png
  • Screenshot_20221031-171730_Sephora.jpg
  • Screenshot_20221031-172015_Sephora.jpg
  • Screenshot_20221031-172026_Sephora.jpg
testing