cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Coming Soon: A Fragrant Experience

Fragrance_5.jpg

@LexBT and I were able to experience a new Dior fragrance launching soon! One of their fragrance experts spritzed a scent strip for each of us. The verdict? We’re smitten! The scent is clean and beachy with a hint of citrus.

Fragrance Experience_2.jpg

For the fragrance experience, we each tested the scent in a completely whitewashed room while wearing headphones playing some slower, bluesy rock. It’s crazy what happens when your sensory experience is so focused! I felt transported to a nighttime pool scene, taking in the moonlight and Alexa felt peaceful and serene as she pictured a calm, beachy scene. Further proof that everyone has their own fragrance experience!  

Do you ever think about how fragrance can make you feel? If so, which emotions are you seeking out when you are selecting a fragrance to wear?

Re: Coming Soon: A Fragrant Experience

@KatieBT I love fragrances that make me feel calm (perfect for starting the workday or getting ready for bed), or those that make me feel uplifted (who couldn't use a little boost during the day?).

Does the Dior fragrance have notes of the flower arrangement you are posing in front of?  I adore florals!  It's hard for me to see the flowers as I can't get a zoom on the pic, but it looks like peonies, roses, hydrangeas and greenery...this would be an excellent scent.  I love bouquets.  They remind me of going to my fave spot in the city (the conservatory) and being in lush gardens and forgetting about my day.

This scent sounds like something I would love ❤️ I love Beachwalk by Replica and fresh  Citrus scents in my body care products like sweet citrus by Joise Maran. So this would be a good combination of them both ☺️ Excited for this one! 

I have similar feelings to @suzyo. I choose fragrances that give me feelings of nostalgia. Fun memories, happy times. I want to be taken back to the experience. 

@KatieBT@LexBT I love your V-neck T-shirts! They are adorable!

@bem564 thank you! 

When I'm heading to work I'm looking for a fragrance to make me feel confident and powerful and when I'm heading on a night out I look for a fragrance to make me feel girly   

@KatieBT I always think about how fragrances make me feel and where they transport me. I enjoy deeper, smoky scents because they make me feel confident and mysterious, like a seductress in an old black and white film. 

When I want to feel easy and breezy, like a day at the beach, out come the citrusy perfumes! 

For some reason I link fragrance to weather, and not really emotions like happiness or sadness. Like one scent will remind me of rain, snow, hot, cold etc. I also tend to be reminded of people and experiences, which is good. Fragrance makes me nostalgic over little things, and that's what I like. It's really difficult to put into words what fragrance makes me feel.

Fragrance is such a personal thing!  I love perfumes and I really enjoy having a variety of scents to compliment OR set my mood.  Sometimes I want a fragrance to (as you both experienced) "transport" me and other times I want a scent to just make me feel a certain way--happy, comforted, excited, sexy, empowered, safe, etc.

@KatieBTso cool!  I want to feel peaceful, free and "at home". The best way to describe that for me is the smell of fresh air, campfire and forest. What I call cottage country. I know what I'm looking for in a fragrance I just haven't been able to find it yet.

@veronika23 I like your description of wanting a scent to make you feel "at home".  That's a lovely way to think about it :).

@CookieGirl1I couldn't think of another way to describe it. 🙂

@veronika23 That was perfect.

32 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • Fragrance_5.jpg
  • Fragrance Experience_2.jpg
  • Dior Joy Image.jpg
testing