cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Coming Soon: A Fragrant Experience

Fragrance_5.jpg

@LexBT and I were able to experience a new Dior fragrance launching soon! One of their fragrance experts spritzed a scent strip for each of us. The verdict? We’re smitten! The scent is clean and beachy with a hint of citrus.

Fragrance Experience_2.jpg

For the fragrance experience, we each tested the scent in a completely whitewashed room while wearing headphones playing some slower, bluesy rock. It’s crazy what happens when your sensory experience is so focused! I felt transported to a nighttime pool scene, taking in the moonlight and Alexa felt peaceful and serene as she pictured a calm, beachy scene. Further proof that everyone has their own fragrance experience!  

Do you ever think about how fragrance can make you feel? If so, which emotions are you seeking out when you are selecting a fragrance to wear?

Re: Coming Soon: A Fragrant Experience

Many of you guessed correctly, the fragrance is DIOR - JOY by Dior!!

Dior Joy Image.jpg

I'm so excited it's available now, I need to get this asap 😄

I am excited to try it, and it is in stock at a local Sephora!! 🙌 💸

Coming Soon: A Fragrant Experience

What a fun experience! I do find certain scents have the nature to adjust your mood, Tom Ford's Black Orchid is one that does it for me everytime, especially in the colder months. Side note @KatieBT, I would love to see these adorable bic Tees you are rocking maybe as point perks or rewards, I would definitely redeem for one!!!

I love fragrance! Can’t wait for it! 

I was excited to read of Diors new fragrance at Fragrantica but they describe it as a floral-woody-amber which is nothing like a beachy-citrus ~ lol. Cant wait to read more about it and especially a breakdown of the notes.

I definitely pair my fragrance what my mood, or my desired mood.  Often, I wear spicy and warm scents to work because they feel powerful and strong.  Some days I look for something lighter and sunnier, especially on the weekend.  Some favs are Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Eau de Parfum 1.6 oz/ 50 mL, Chloé Nomade Eau de Parfum 2.5 oz/ 75 mL, and TORY BURCH - Love Relentlessly

I am wondering if the new fragrance is Dior Joy? I am excited to find out what it is!! ❤️

Fragrance serves many purposes for me; such as relaxation, comfort, and sentimental memories. Lately I have been reaching for scents that make me feel comforted, and those currently are Chanel Chance and Dior Poison Girl. I have been spritzing those in the evening before bed. I like to fall asleep enjoying the aromatherapy of my favorite perfumes.

Dior Poison Girl 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

CHANEL CHANCE Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz

I love falling asleep with my favorite perfume, @angel7594-wouldn’t do it any other way!

It looks like I'm in good company as I also wear perfume...

It looks like I'm in good company as I also wear perfume to bed 😊- I find it a relaxing thing to do at night...

@suzyo@RachFace2921@CookieGirl1@angel7594, I totally do this too! 🙂

@angel7594 @suzyo @RachFace2921 You guys wear fragrance to bed, too?  I love falling asleep surrounded by a sweet perfume.

I wear fragrance to bed too 😁

I thought I was the only one that wears perfume to bed!  I see I'm in good company @angel7594@.  I love dior poison girl too �

My favorite beach scent is Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Beach Walk 3.4 oz/ 100 mL eau de toilette spray, I can’t help but picture myself on the warm sand, listening to the waves, and catching a nice summer glow, @KatieBT@LexBT🦀! Looking forward to this new Dior-and besides the shirts everyone is pining after, a Sephora Sticker app for iMessage would be waaaaaay too much fun😉

Is this the new Joy fragrance @KatieBT? I’m intrigued by this one, I really adore beachy and citrus scents, so it sounds right up my alley ☺️ 

You’re both wearing the BIC t’s we’ve been lusting over 😍 

When I’m choosing a fragrance, one of the main things I focus on is how it makes me feel. Since smells can trigger memories, there can be a lot of feelings that come with that. 

I’m also conscious of the way I could make thoes around me feel with my scent. Ie. Date night I know I’m reaching for something with cedarwood, sandalwood, and a touch of jasmine, because together they embody such sensuality. I really like thoes types of fragrances. I generally like fragrances that bring feelings of warmth and coziness. 

I love Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' By the Fireplace 3.4 oz/ 100 mL for example, as a warm winter scent and Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Beach Walk 3.4 oz/ 100 mL eau de toilette spray for a warm summer scent. They’re so different from one another, but both bring me feelings of comfort, warmth, and luxury. 

Lol, I second that @bakeamuffin

Where do I get a BIC tee @KatieBT@?  So adorable!

@RachFace2921 it would be so awesome if they were available in the points redemption or something. Maybe one day 👌🏻 😄 I’m also realizing that a custom shirt printing shop would be able to make them relatively cheap, but I feel like it wouldn’t have the same sentimental value haha

You gals look amazing as always! I tend to always go for citrusy and floral scents year round and warmer vanilla scents in the winter. The citrus and floral scents always remind me of spring (floral) and summer (citrus) and just make me feel good- a feeling hard to escape with great scents. The warmer vanilla scents in the winter make me feel cozy and sophisticated.

I like a fragrance that makes me feel calm, cozy, and doesn't remind me of anything I don't like.  That's a tall order!

I like to be surprized and challenged with a fragrance. Especially when one develops in a wonderful way I didn't expect or I discover new layers to it. I like my fragrances to have a lot of tension, a dynamic balance, to keep my interest. I do not want to be bored! The saddest for me is when the notes pyramid sounds so interesting and has strange notes and you have so much anticipation, but when you smell the perfume, it is doing nothing new at all.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • Fragrance_5.jpg
  • Fragrance Experience_2.jpg
  • Dior Joy Image.jpg
testing