Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

4-22-2020_BronzerThreadImage.png

Hello to all my bronzy BIC babes!

Many of us share a deep love for the payoff we see and feel after adding warmth to our beauty looks. As much as I love a naturally sun-kissed tan, SPF is a non-negotiable and we do not get much sun in San Francisco – especially while sheltering in place. A touch of bronzer or self-tanner creates the illusion that I get my daily dose of Vitamin D from my love of the great outdoors instead of a supplement. I am also a member of the “I went too far with my tanning bed membership in college” club and am relatively fair-skinned so have kissed tanning beds buh-bye!

Many of you already know that this step in our beauty routines is a confidence booster. I don’t think I’m alone in my love for all things BRONZE. This thread is for my bronzing brainiacs, contour connoisseurs, and self-tanning smarty pants – but it’s also for those interested in learning more.

Spill the tea on your HG bronzers, cannot-live-without self-tanners, and any other products you use to add warmth to your complexion.

This thread is also the place to talk about newness. If you see something launching and want the inside scoop, reply to this thread. I will try to get my hands on it and am happy to serve as your human experiment!

I will be adding some of my before and after photos using some of my favorite bronzing products. Open the spoiler to see!

Spoiler

DISCLAIMER: This thread is a no-shame zone. If you aren’t into this topic, there are plenty of other threads for you to love.

Re: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

@blackkitty2014 Oh my goodness me too , that’s why I have so few lol. You have beautiful ones! I find a smaller one with shorter handle is always easiest for me too until I get more skilled, which is probably never! 

Re: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

Thx @Sunnysmom too many pretty bronzers too little time. Now I also have to put Kosas into my wish list along with CT and Chanel. I promise myself not to buy any more bronzer until I hit pan of at least one that I already owned. 😘 I have a feeling I’m very close to hit pan on TF Terra.

I know @blackkitty2014 ! I never will! Plus they are so big! I don’t have TF. Resisted it. I have the illumination powder and love that. Is it a must?! 😳🤣

@Sunnysmom It’s a good one. I use it all the time and love it. Not sure I recommend it though. There are so many as good bronzers for half the price (ahem and I’m one of TF biggest fan) lol 😘🤣😂

Excellent @blackkitty2014! Good to know, must resist must resist! I can do it! 💪🏼

Backwards! Darn it Sephora. lol lol. 
CT, Ilia, Ilia, Kosas! 

@KatieBT @Sunnysmom @itsfi 

from top to bottom Tom Ford Terra, Guerlain terracotta shade 3 and CT fair. Sadly fair is too light and I have medium on the way. I can still use it as a regular powder though. The CT bronzer powder feels like the airbrush setting powder and blends effortlessly on the skin. 

5378F820-F474-4213-B280-7C5260BCE739.jpeg

@SurprisedLemur see my original swatch post here 

Thanks @SportyGirly125  🙂

Thanks @SportyGirly125 very helpful to see these as I hadn’t seen a Guerlain in awhile either! Glad you can use the powder. 

Thank you @SportyGirly125! 🤗 So kind of you to get back to us so quickly with your thoughts and swatches too. I think we may be similar in foundation shades so this is very helpful. Glad you’ll be able to use fair as a regular powder. 

@itsfi your welcome. I’m MAC NC 25 so light neutral to warm tone 

@SportyGirly125, I'm MAC NC 20 - 25, closer to 20 for most of the year, but 25 works nicely as well; neutral undertones or light warm ones usually work best for me. 

@itsfi Yay so almost same. I think NC 20 is a little too light for me but NC 25 can be a little dark at times.  We are basically a NC 23 

Yes @SportyGirly125! That’s it!! NC23 would be perfect!!! ♥️♥️♥️ I’m close to finishing up Studio Tech in NC25 and am contemplating whether to repurchase that color or go with NC20... or to get both and working with both shades. 😆

@itsfi You could get both and custom mix and it would last longer than having one bottle. Or you can always mix a lighter or darker shade in from another brand depending on the color you choose to match it better 

RE: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

I have the hoola bronzer and I love it but I don’t like the brush. Any brush recommendations? Also, not that it’s bronzer but I looooove Glow Screen by Supergoop. It gives a dewy, bronzed look that is incredible. 100000% recommend.

Re: RE: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

@lindseyyfaye  that's my only complaint about Hoola bronzers; the packaging is horrible for a nice fluffy bronzing brush. I've used a kabuki brush and a smaller blush brush and they fit into the Hoola box, but didn't disperse like I wanted on the skin. Now my Hoola bronzer is in a box with other makeup that I just don't have the heart to throw away.  

RE: Re: RE: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

Yup I agree! The brush just doesn’t cut it. Definitely something they should adjust

RE: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

I’m obsessed with the Tarte SEA Breezy cream bronzer and the Tarte SEA Breezy bronzer brush. They’re each good on their own but awesome together.

Thanks! I’ll have to check them out! ☺️
165 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • 4-22-2020_BronzerThreadImage.png
  • 02BF3825-43C2-4039-9A5C-1D0FC5A7D8A2.jpeg
  • 10EA261B-62C2-41DF-9A10-6909C5341C57.jpeg
  • 91898C34-447D-4930-A6C1-303C97DE2D95.jpeg
  • 20200505_104921.jpg
  • 20200505_105000.jpg
  • IMG_0557.jpg
  • Yes, I wrote the brand names using blue eyeliner.
  • 5378F820-F474-4213-B280-7C5260BCE739.jpeg
  • E877CA2E-576D-45B8-B35B-1BDB47AFFD6F.jpeg
  • Kosas, Ilia, Ilia, CT
  • E061A93C-6CBB-4E93-ACDC-C14973D8D129.jpeg
  • 74B64246-E5C6-475B-8164-42C08FBAF7A9.jpeg
  • IMG_1742.JPG
  • L-R: WG Air Brush, 02, 10, 11, 12
testing