Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

4-22-2020_BronzerThreadImage.png

Hello to all my bronzy BIC babes!

Many of us share a deep love for the payoff we see and feel after adding warmth to our beauty looks. As much as I love a naturally sun-kissed tan, SPF is a non-negotiable and we do not get much sun in San Francisco – especially while sheltering in place. A touch of bronzer or self-tanner creates the illusion that I get my daily dose of Vitamin D from my love of the great outdoors instead of a supplement. I am also a member of the “I went too far with my tanning bed membership in college” club and am relatively fair-skinned so have kissed tanning beds buh-bye!

Many of you already know that this step in our beauty routines is a confidence booster. I don’t think I’m alone in my love for all things BRONZE. This thread is for my bronzing brainiacs, contour connoisseurs, and self-tanning smarty pants – but it’s also for those interested in learning more.

Spill the tea on your HG bronzers, cannot-live-without self-tanners, and any other products you use to add warmth to your complexion.

This thread is also the place to talk about newness. If you see something launching and want the inside scoop, reply to this thread. I will try to get my hands on it and am happy to serve as your human experiment!

I will be adding some of my before and after photos using some of my favorite bronzing products. Open the spoiler to see!

Spoiler

DISCLAIMER: This thread is a no-shame zone. If you aren’t into this topic, there are plenty of other threads for you to love.

Re: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

@Guessgal this photo is so pretty ❤️

Re: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

Thanks so much @SportyGirly125! I saw Colourpop's sister brand, Sol Body, post some outside mirror pics and wanted to join in on this trend! 🙂

It’s a  beautiful Photo and I can see warm glow it gives you @Guessgal 

@Guessgal  gorgeous picture.

Thank you ladies @fatimamummy @AMK721 I've also been dabbling in my body oil collection, but haven't been able to capture their glow properly in a picture 😅 Maybe one day I'll get it right and post on here haha

I am really loving the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Bronzer 04 Hunnie Glaze . It’s buildable but very easy to tone down and blend out if you accidentally go overboard. I had never been a fan of bronzer before trying this ( I have naturally “tanner” skin so I never found it necessary).

Decided to compare a few of the new bronzers I’ve received recently. Loving the new CT Medium and Kosas Sun show Light. So soft and flattering but not over the top at all. Just a good healthy look and confidence booster that we all need right now as @KatieBT said! I’m most crazy about Kosas! 

Top to bottom: CT medium, Ilia Drawn In, Ilia light highlighter , Kosas light Sun Show. 
@blackkitty2014 , @TraceyEB , @Ispend2much6

Thx you @Sunnysmom . I have to look into Kosas. Everyone is loving it 😘

Hmm @blackkitty2014 did my pic disappear? Here it is again. Yes it’s buttery and so pretty. Perfect!

E877CA2E-576D-45B8-B35B-1BDB47AFFD6F.jpeg

Kosas, Ilia, Ilia, CTKosas, Ilia, Ilia, CT

Oh @Sunnysmom, those bronzers are beautiful! 🙂 Your swatches are making me think I need to pick up 3 more bronzers! So pretty!! <333

🤗 @itsfi I couldn’t resist and I’m so glad I stalked Sephora until they came back in stock! I’m shocked a rookie like me could  actually use them decently! 🤣

Yes @Sunnysmom!! You and me both with the stalking. Hahaha! 🙂 What brush(es) do you like using to apply your bronzers? For the past couple of years, I've been mainly using Drunk Elephant D-Bronzi for all over color and skipped bronzer so now that bronzers will be in my life more, I'm curious to know what has worked well for others. 

How funny @itsfi I just bought that bronzer to mix with my moisturizer! Seems pretty forgiving that way for me as I dip my non-pedicured toes in! This is what I’m working on now also. Been trying to research some and would love suggestions from all of you pros! I’ve just been using a Chantecaille brush that isn’t specifically for bronzer and wondered about Goss, a By Terry one I saw etc. I did order a mini kabuki on Beautylish for my Chanel duos also because it’s just so darn cute.  Lol. Help please @KatieBT @blackkitty2014 @SportyGirly125 @makeitup305 @Mochapj @TraceyEB etc?! 

@Sunnysmom, below is an assortment of brushes that I use for bronzer. Any undyed goat hair brush can be used for liquid, cream and powder products. I prefer to use a small-to-medium size brushes for bronzer application. The WG 12 Sculpting brush (goat) was designed to "stamp on" and blend bronzer; it has a flat top design and tapered bristles. Can also use WG 11 Buffing brush (goat); it has a rounded design and the bristles splay out more, which is good for buffing. The WG 02 Powder brush (blue squirrel) is a must in anyone's WG collection; it's flexible with a tapered design and easily places and blends product. I reach for the WG 10 when applying and/or buffinig in cream products; can also be used with powder products. I couldn't leave out the Air- Brush (squirrel hair), the swiss army knife of makeup brushes. If I only had one brush, it would be this; the ultimate powder brush with a flat design, angled sides, and a pointed tip. Applies and buffs products beautifully.

L-R: WG Air Brush, 02, 10, 11, 12L-R: WG Air Brush, 02, 10, 11, 12

Thank you @TraceyEB ! Amazing thorough info and I have such brush envy! I’ve had several of those in my cart for ages and never pulled trigger who knows why. Air brush looks like a must for sure. I also definitely want 11. My Chantecaille kind of looks like the Air brush but I know his would be better. Next event I had better get busy if I can wait that long. Probably not. 😳🙄🤣many thanks lovey! Hugs! 

@Sunnysmom @itsfi for powder I use Tom Ford bronzer brush, liquid I use a beauty blender or my fingers to apply and then use Sigma F84 or the beauty blender to blend out, cream like Chanel Soleil tan de Chanel I use Sigma F84 to apply and blend out 

Thanks so much @SportyGirly125 great info. I also wondered what worked well with new Chanel Soleil creme! Great timing! 

@Sunnysmom I have lots of kabuki brushes but I don’t think I try to use them with bronzer. I prefer shapes liked Sonia G or Tom Ford which are my favorite bronzer brushes.

E061A93C-6CBB-4E93-ACDC-C14973D8D129.jpeg

sometimes I use Wayne Gross 11 which is a lot smaller than the other 2. I buy a bunch more bronzer brushes but haven’t used them 😂🤣

74B64246-E5C6-475B-8164-42C08FBAF7A9.jpeg

@blackkitty2014  I'm salivating over your Tom Ford Brush.

Thank you @blackkitty2014 super helpful. I have an older one from somebody that looks like that so maybe I’ll try that. And my Chantecaille is pretty similar too so that’s good. TF always looks good! (I only got the baby Rae Morris one bec was good excuse to use it with my smaller compacts or duo ones. Lol) . I also have the Jouer travel complexion brush coming and wonder how that will work. I forgot I ordered it 😳🤣🙄

@Sunnysmom Oh good. Whatever brush that you’re comfortable with is the best brushes. 🤣😂 I guess my skill is limited so I only stick with one kind of shape 😘 please report back which brush is your favorite 

165 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • 4-22-2020_BronzerThreadImage.png
  • 02BF3825-43C2-4039-9A5C-1D0FC5A7D8A2.jpeg
  • 10EA261B-62C2-41DF-9A10-6909C5341C57.jpeg
  • 91898C34-447D-4930-A6C1-303C97DE2D95.jpeg
  • 20200505_104921.jpg
  • 20200505_105000.jpg
  • IMG_0557.jpg
  • Yes, I wrote the brand names using blue eyeliner.
  • 5378F820-F474-4213-B280-7C5260BCE739.jpeg
  • E877CA2E-576D-45B8-B35B-1BDB47AFFD6F.jpeg
  • Kosas, Ilia, Ilia, CT
  • E061A93C-6CBB-4E93-ACDC-C14973D8D129.jpeg
  • 74B64246-E5C6-475B-8164-42C08FBAF7A9.jpeg
  • IMG_1742.JPG
  • L-R: WG Air Brush, 02, 10, 11, 12
testing