cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Behind The Scenes: Stila + NYFW

CarlyGiglio_headshot.jpg

Hello fellow beauty lovers! As most of you know NYFW was from September 6th to the 14th and this year Stila participated in three shows, Badgley Mischka, Cynthia Rowley, and Rebecca Minkoff. We were so excited to hear the news so worked our magic to talk to Carly Giglio, Pro Artistry Manager & Special Programs for Stila, to get an exclusive inside scoop just for BIC.

2.JPG

During this interview we learned a lot from what happens before fashion week to what it takes to create every beauty look. Let's jump into the Q&A!

Tell us about the looks created for this year’s NYFW. 

These looks were all about fresh, healthy and glowy skin as the base. Each show had different elements, but throughout, they all were very whimsical and playful.

1.JPG

How long does it take to come up with the concept for each show? Do share your creative process!

My mind starts working from the moment the designers talk about their inspiration and show me the clothes. I listen to what the designers and team are looking to portray and they may even show me their own inspo images that they have compiled. Then I hit the ground running – I start pulling different colors and textures from my kit. I tend to swatch a lot and see what different combos look like on my hands first. I usually go right for complexion and brows to get a good foundation going on the model for whatever it is that comes next on eyes, lips and cheeks. I may make a few tweaks once hair and nails are done as well, but usually it all comes together in harmony. One of my favorite parts of Fashion Week is the process and watching all of the creative elements come together.

The inspiration for the shows: Rebecca Minkoff - a collective of multidimensional women, Badgley Mischka - Alice in Wonderland and Cynthia Rowley - the full moon. For all of these, you can easily see where I instantly went towards gloss, glow and glimmer!

4.JPG5.JPG9.JPG

What were the biggest beauty trends you saw at NYFW? I was definitely seeing a lot of fresh complexion, with a focus on the eyes. I noticed a lot of different unexpected pops of color as well, and a play on finishes.

7.JPG

Runway style or street style? Runway style. There’s something magical about a runway.

What are your three favorite Stila products for fashion week?

Only three!? That’s tough… STILA - Convertible Color – it’s the perfect flush of color that leaves the skin looking like skin, STILA - Stay All Day Foundation + Concealer – this HD formula performs so well under the heat, lights and cameras backstage. STILA - Shimmer & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow – these are magic. So easy to manipulate, and can custom mix color combos that apply seamlessly on the eyes.

What are your three favorite Stila products for everyday beauty?

Only three again!?… stila Huge Extreme Lash Mascara Black - it’s an instant eye opener and makes me look awake.  stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner - Micro Tip Intense Black – I can create a little definition on the lash line or a precise cat eye with the super small point. Stay All Day® Waterproof Brow Pen – I always use two shades and apply in short strokes to give the look of a natural, hair-like fill (that doesn’t move!)

6.JPG

What’s the best beauty advice you’ve ever received?

Sometimes you have to just go for it. Don’t be afraid to step out of your norm and try something new. You never know what the result will be if you don’t try it. (I guess this is just great life advice too!)

What are your favorite Stila products? Show &Tell!

Tags:

Re: Behind The Scenes: Stila + NYFW

@BrendaBT wrote:

CarlyGiglio_headshot.jpg

Hello fellow beauty lovers! As most of you know NYFW was from September 6th to the 14th and this year Stila participated in three shows, Badgley Mischka, Cynthia Rowley, and Rebecca Minkoff. We were so excited to hear the news so worked our magic to talk to Carly Giglio, Pro Artistry Manager & Special Programs for Stila, to get an exclusive inside scoop just for BIC.

2.JPG

During this interview we learned a lot from what happens before fashion week to what it takes to create every beauty look. Let's jump into the Q&A!

Tell us about the looks created for this year’s NYFW. 

These looks were all about fresh, healthy and glowy skin as the base. Each show had different elements, but throughout, they all were very whimsical and playful.

1.JPG

How long does it take to come up with the concept for each show? Do share your creative process!

My mind starts working from the moment the designers talk about their inspiration and show me the clothes. I listen to what the designers and team are looking to portray and they may even show me their own inspo images that they have compiled. Then I hit the ground running – I start pulling different colors and textures from my kit. I tend to swatch a lot and see what different combos look like on my hands first. I usually go right for complexion and brows to get a good foundation going on the model for whatever it is that comes next on eyes, lips and cheeks. I may make a few tweaks once hair and nails are done as well, but usually it all comes together in harmony. One of my favorite parts of Fashion Week is the process and watching all of the creative elements come together.

The inspiration for the shows: Rebecca Minkoff - a collective of multidimensional women, Badgley Mischka - Alice in Wonderland and Cynthia Rowley - the full moon. For all of these, you can easily see where I instantly went towards gloss, glow and glimmer!

4.JPG5.JPG9.JPG

What were the biggest beauty trends you saw at NYFW? I was definitely seeing a lot of fresh complexion, with a focus on the eyes. I noticed a lot of different unexpected pops of color as well, and a play on finishes.

7.JPG

Runway style or street style? Runway style. There’s something magical about a runway.

What are your three favorite Stila products for fashion week?

Only three!? That’s tough… STILA - Convertible Color – it’s the perfect flush of color that leaves the skin looking like skin, STILA - Stay All Day Foundation + Concealer – this HD formula performs so well under the heat, lights and cameras backstage. STILA - Shimmer & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow – these are magic. So easy to manipulate, and can custom mix color combos that apply seamlessly on the eyes.

What are your three favorite Stila products for everyday beauty?

Only three again!?… stila Huge Extreme Lash Mascara Black - it’s an instant eye opener and makes me look awake.  stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner - Micro Tip Intense Black – I can create a little definition on the lash line or a precise cat eye with the super small point. Stay All Day® Waterproof Brow Pen – I always use two shades and apply in short strokes to give the look of a natural, hair-like fill (that doesn’t move!)

6.JPG

What’s the best beauty advice you’ve ever received?

Sometimes you have to just go for it. Don’t be afraid to step out of your norm and try something new. You never know what the result will be if you don’t try it. (I guess this is just great life advice too!)

What are your favorite Stila products? Show &Tell!

Stila glimmer and glow in the shadefairytale

RE: Behind The Scenes: Stila + NYFW

So cool to hear about the creative process when trying to put a look together for the shows. It is very much like planning an outfit and daydreaming what my makeup will look like accordingly in “real life”!!! Only wish mine would turn out looking half as great as the professional job....but seriously, Stila is the master of the glory,ethereal look. I adore their glitter shadows and highlighters. Stila Heaven’s Dew All Over Glimmer in Silverlake is a Holy Grail product!! It is as ethereal as one can get!!! @BrendaBT

RE: Behind The Scenes: Stila + NYFW

Thanks for sharing!

That was so much fun to read! Thanks. My favorite would have to be Stila Stay All Day Liner! 

stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Intense Black

Anonymous Insider

Thank you for sharing ❤❤

I have never tried Stila products but I am drawn to all their liquid eyeshadows. I dont know which one to get first, they are all lovely colors. I want to try a set that has a good neutral base since I am a beginner at eyeshadows. Always looking at these sets while waiting in line 🙂  STILA - All That Shimmers & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow Set

Wow, love the pictures and great read. The models look fabulous with their glowing faces!

Thanks for sharing, love how fresh and glowy the models skin look.

@BrendaBT This is such a wonderful interview. I love her beauty advice about stepping outside your comfort zone, because that's great life advice too!

This was a fun read! I like how she chose runway style. I'd totally agree! 😄

This was a really interesting post. I loved reading about how she chooses the looks. The focus on complexion and bright eyes seems to have been a big trend this year across the board!

@BrendaBT

That was so fun to read! 

My favourite Stila products are... (in no particular order) 

STILA - Stay All Day® Liquid Lipstick

I love the shade Baci, Dolce Vita and Palermo.

stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow Gold Goddess

STILA - Shimmer & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow - Boheme

I actually use this shade a lot as a base and build off of it. 

@BrendaBT Loved this. I always wondered about their creative process, so thanks for sharing ❤️

This is really informative and a lot of fun to read!  Thank you! @BrendaBT

@BrendaBT WHY couldn't I have landed in NY 24 hours earlier to sneak into one of these shows last week?! Karly has such a cool job AND she loves my favorite mascara!

Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 87 Hearts Given
  • 16 Contributors
Photos8
  • 1.JPG
  • 4.JPG
  • 5.JPG
  • 9.JPG
  • 7.JPG
  • 2.JPG
  • 6.JPG