Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Throwback Challenge: 10 years of Community!

10 year anniversary BIC_mock.png

Happy anniversary to the Beauty Insider Community!! Since our 2010 launch, we have had ten fabulous years of beauty advice, Community friendships, and llama love. Whether you have recently joined in on the BIC fun or have been around since the Community was called โ€œBeautyTalk,โ€ we want you to come celebrate with us!  ๐ŸŽ‰

Weโ€™re sure youโ€™re all aware that since 2010, the beauty world has seen some pretty major changes. Trends have certainly come and gone, but isnโ€™t that what makes beauty so exciting? As a part of our ten-year anniversary party, we are challenging you to reflect on beauty trends from the past decade. Whether they were highlights you personally loved or fads you should have avoided at all costs, we want you to share your beauty throwbacks. Each week, weโ€™re giving you a theme to follow to help inspire you - BONUS POINTS if you have old photos of you rocking memorable trends, or if you incorporate them into a routine today!  

• Week 1 (9/9 โ€“ 9/15): Eye trends 

๏ธ๐Ÿ‘
  • Week 2 (9/16 โ€“ 9/22): Brow trends ๐Ÿคจ
  • Week 3 (9/23 โ€“ 9/29): Complexion (foundation, contour, etc.) trends  ๐Ÿ–Œ
  • Week 4 (9/30 โ€“ 10/6): Skincare trends ๐Ÿง–๐Ÿพ
  • Week 5 (10/7 โ€“ 10/13): Lip trends ๐Ÿ’„
  • Week 6 (10/14 โ€“ 10/20): Hair trends ๐Ÿ’‡

What beauty trends from the past ten years stand out to you? Click the โ€œReplyโ€ button below to share your thoughts or photos! 

That is a great pic @heartsmyface It's really interesting...

That is a great pic @heartsmyface It's really interesting to see different makeup looks over the years!

Re: That is a great pic @heartsmyface It's really interesting...

@Luvstravel   The best part for me is seeing the extent of everyoneโ€™s makeup skill development!  :D. 

Re: Beauty Throwback Challenge: 10 years of Community!

@heartsmyface love this photo. Your makeup and hair is stunning ๐Ÿ˜

@SportyGirly125   Thank you!  It makes me so nostalgic!  Iโ€™m relightening my hair on a hair  journey elsewhere but while itโ€™s lightened I may have have to take advantage of it and play in some fun colours again. 

Happy anniversary @TeamBIC !  Apparently I joined the community shortly after you started BT.  My makeup wasn't all that great back then.  Thanks to all the wonderful people on BT/BIC I've learned so much both in makeup and skincare.  

@Titian06  I totally agree. My skincare was pretty blah and I feel Iโ€™ve gone up a few levels on my makeup since joining!

I totally agree with you @Titian06 I've learned so much a...

I totally agree with you @Titian06 I've learned so much about makeup and skincare and greatly appreciate all the discussions on the different forums!

RE: Re: Beauty Throwback Challenge: 10 years of Community!

Love this community! Iโ€™ve learned so much @Titian06

I'll confess, this is a little more than 10 years ago ๐Ÿ˜‰ BUT! Since it's basically a throwback post and it's about eye trends, here is what I did for years... when I wore makeup far more than I do now. And honestly, who am I kidding - it's basically the same makeup look I would do even now! Help me evolve, BIC!!

10 year challenge_eye trends.JPG

Ack!! You all sure know how to make a person feel good! Thank you so much for the kindness! ๐Ÿ˜

@SportyGirly125 @lindseyyfaye @lmaster @heartsmyface @Luvstravel @ather @2manyperfumes @sunkissedblush @tjffc โค๏ธ

@CarolBT Beautiful photo!

I absolutely love it! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ everything here looks iconic ๐Ÿฅฐ

It was gorgeous then and now @CarolBT โค๏ธ

@CarolBT  Wow so beautiful!!! Iโ€™m basically doing the same makeup I did 10 years ago. I would say 15-20 years ago me was a little more wild with my makeup!! 

You look gorgeous @CarolBT I'll definitely post a pic mor...

You look gorgeous @CarolBT I'll definitely post a pic more than 10 years back when hair pics come around!

@CarolBT  Itโ€™s a beautiful and classic look so why change a good thing?  But if you insist....i get excited at the prospect of makeovers!!!  

0A674B11-4DB2-41B7-9DF4-88F79F8064FA.gif

โ€ƒ

@CarolBT you look fabulous!!

Youโ€™re gorgeous! @CarolBT

@CarolBT Thank you for sharing your gorgeous picture

RE: Beauty Throwback Challenge: 10 years of Community!

Throwbacks are great ๐Ÿ˜‚ love this thread.... no eyebrows, no problem ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ so grateful for how far Iโ€™ve come!

RE: Beauty Throwback Challenge: 10 years of Community!

Pretty @lindseyyfaye โค๏ธ I still have no brows thanks to the 90s lol
Conversation Stats
Photos32
  • IMG_20150809_151533.jpg
  • 10 year anniversary BIC_mock.png
  • 6CF117CE-37EE-4C96-A49C-F3DD95E49931.jpeg
  • 15997057785587646558937783135457.jpg
  • woF_HtUB9TaP
  • throwbackeyes.JPG
  • 10 year challenge_eye trends.JPG
  • A93EBF7A-14E3-42AA-888B-AE2DF3C1A695.jpeg
  • 0A674B11-4DB2-41B7-9DF4-88F79F8064FA.gif