Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Throwback Challenge: 10 years of Community!

10 year anniversary BIC_mock.png

Happy anniversary to the Beauty Insider Community!! Since our 2010 launch, we have had ten fabulous years of beauty advice, Community friendships, and llama love. Whether you have recently joined in on the BIC fun or have been around since the Community was called “BeautyTalk,” we want you to come celebrate with us!  🎉

We’re sure you’re all aware that since 2010, the beauty world has seen some pretty major changes. Trends have certainly come and gone, but isn’t that what makes beauty so exciting? As a part of our ten-year anniversary party, we are challenging you to reflect on beauty trends from the past decade. Whether they were highlights you personally loved or fads you should have avoided at all costs, we want you to share your beauty throwbacks. Each week, we’re giving you a theme to follow to help inspire you - BONUS POINTS if you have old photos of you rocking memorable trends, or if you incorporate them into a routine today!  

• Week 1 (9/9 – 9/15): Eye trends 

👁
  • Week 2 (9/16 – 9/22): Brow trends 🤨
  • Week 3 (9/23 – 9/29): Complexion (foundation, contour, etc.) trends  🖌
  • Week 4 (9/30 – 10/6): Skincare trends 🧖🏾
  • Week 5 (10/7 – 10/13): Lip trends 💄
  • Week 6 (10/14 – 10/20): Hair trends 💇

What beauty trends from the past ten years stand out to you? Click the “Reply” button below to share your thoughts or photos! 

Re: RE: Beauty Throwback Challenge: 10 years of Community!

@lindseyyfaye  Omg I remember the no eyebrow look way tooo well! I’m so happy they grew back!! 

RE: Re: RE: Beauty Throwback Challenge: 10 years of Community!

Lol!!! 🤦🏼‍♀️😂😂 so bad. Ridiculously glad we’ve come a long way from that. @ather

Great pic @lindseyfaye ❣

Great pic @Anonymous ❣

RE: Great pic @lindseyfaye ❣

Awwh thanks! @Luvstravel

@lindseyyfaye I truly LOLed at "no eyebrows, no problem." That is rEAL.

😂😂😂 seriously. The struggle was real @AlexBT

@lindseyyfaye A beauty then and a beauty now!

Awwh so sweet ☺️🙈 @tjffc

Re: Beauty Throwback Challenge: 10 years of Community!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIC!

Considering how much I still struggle with eyeshadow selfies, 10 years ago I was definitely much worse. That said, here's good evidence of my major LASH ADDICTION I experienced through about 1/3 of the last decade. I went through a pretty long phase where I basically refused to go out at night without a pair of false lashes (seriously - many emergency pre-party Sephora or drugstore trips were made) and I was also the designated lash application helper for my friends who I also dragged on-board the lash train. At one point, in my deepest lash-obsession days, I would even wear them during the daytime because I got so used to seeing myself with long llama lashes, I couldn't bear the thought of going without.

throwbackeyes.JPGZERO shade to those who still rock lush fringe-y falsies... I support you, and still am known to break them out from time to time! But my real lashes are thankful for the break.

Looooove seeing all your throwback selfies!

RE: Re: Beauty Throwback Challenge: 10 years of Community!

Beautiful lashes @AlexBT ❤️ I’m going through the phase now where I love my natural and wispies daily

Re: RE: Re: Beauty Throwback Challenge: 10 years of Community!

@2manyperfumes LooOooove a good wispy lash! I'm afraid to start wearing again because I'll never stop...

Great photo @AlexBT

Great photo @AlexBT

@AlexBT 

So so pretty!!

@AlexBT Love this pic!

@AlexBT I love it!!!!!

RE: Re: Beauty Throwback Challenge: 10 years of Community!

Love these throwback photos!!! @AlexBT

Beauty Throwback Challenge: 10 years of Community!

I've only been a part of BIC for the past three years, but have really enjoyed my experiences. I've enjoyed conversing with all my BIC members throughout those years. So I'll be turning 48 later this year and these two pics were taken about 10 years ago. I only wore a little blush and had the same Clinique all about eyeshadow that I used for YEARS. I would throw on mascara, eyeliner and if I remember correctly a lip stain like Benetint lip stain. But I still love those arched eyebrows ❣

RE: Beauty Throwback Challenge: 10 years of Community!

You look beautiful in both photos @Luvstravel❤️ wow 🤩

Thanks @2manyperfumes 😊

Thanks @2manyperfumes 😊

Great pics!! @Luvstravel 

Thanks @Imaster 😘

Thanks @Imaster 😘
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos32
  • IMG_20150809_151533.jpg
  • 10 year anniversary BIC_mock.png
  • 6CF117CE-37EE-4C96-A49C-F3DD95E49931.jpeg
  • 15997057785587646558937783135457.jpg
  • woF_HtUB9TaP
  • throwbackeyes.JPG