Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Throwback Challenge: 10 years of Community!

10 year anniversary BIC_mock.png

Happy anniversary to the Beauty Insider Community!! Since our 2010 launch, we have had ten fabulous years of beauty advice, Community friendships, and llama love. Whether you have recently joined in on the BIC fun or have been around since the Community was called “BeautyTalk,” we want you to come celebrate with us!  🎉

We’re sure you’re all aware that since 2010, the beauty world has seen some pretty major changes. Trends have certainly come and gone, but isn’t that what makes beauty so exciting? As a part of our ten-year anniversary party, we are challenging you to reflect on beauty trends from the past decade. Whether they were highlights you personally loved or fads you should have avoided at all costs, we want you to share your beauty throwbacks. Each week, we’re giving you a theme to follow to help inspire you - BONUS POINTS if you have old photos of you rocking memorable trends, or if you incorporate them into a routine today!  

• Week 1 (9/9 – 9/15): Eye trends 

👁
  • Week 2 (9/16 – 9/22): Brow trends 🤨
  • Week 3 (9/23 – 9/29): Complexion (foundation, contour, etc.) trends  🖌
  • Week 4 (9/30 – 10/6): Skincare trends 🧖🏾
  • Week 5 (10/7 – 10/13): Lip trends 💄
  • Week 6 (10/14 – 10/20): Hair trends 💇

What beauty trends from the past ten years stand out to you? Click the “Reply” button below to share your thoughts or photos! 

RE: Re: RE: Beauty Throwback Challenge: 10 years of Community!

Thank you so much!!! Yes! Only recently I have started doing my brows! I have furry hairy thick brows and I groom them every now and again @GeorginaBT

Re: Beauty Throwback Challenge: 10 years of Community!

@TeamBIC  Congratulations on 10 years!

Wowza ten years!! I think I've been here for 7 of them? 7 or 8. 

RE: Re: Beauty Throwback Challenge: 10 years of Community!

New here but so happy to be apart of this community! @Samtian

Re: RE: Re: Beauty Throwback Challenge: 10 years of Community!

@lindseyyfaye Happy to have you as part of our big family!!

10 years!?! I remember discovering Sephora after shopping with MAC for a few years and I instantly fell in love! So much selection of products and so many price ranges to work with.

2010 was when I started dating my now husband. I feel like the cats eye liner was making its coming back. I used to be terrified (and terrible!) to try it! After years of practicing, trial and error, I think I may have got it! # anniversary #beautyinsidercommunity

15997057785587646558937783135457.jpg

Omg mac was the only place I shopped 10 years ago 😂

@AJBlondie I totally remember being terrified of the cat-eye liner too, and now I basically can't leave the house without it!

@AJBlondie 

Pretty!  I love that lip color too

Such a pretty look @AJBlondie! I definitely still rock a cat eye on the reg' 😊

@PrettyPaint  Omg I was also all about the UD naked palette!!!

Still a great beginner palette lol @ather

@ather  Yay! Yeah, I think I always made sure to buy each one on its release day.

Yay! Congratulations! This is truly such a special and unique community with amazing people.

In terms of eye trends, the first thing that comes to mind is Urban Decay. I was all about the naked palettes and the colored liners. Funny enough, it looks like the original UD Naked Palette was launched 2010, so that makes total sense.

RE: Beauty Throwback Challenge: 10 years of Community!

I have been apart of The Sephora Beauty community also Know as BT for the last Ten years and been very happy to be a part of this community and what it stands for and have loved and Met great  people and friends. Happy Anniversary to the BIC team of wonderful people that helped and organize this great beauty site 💜 also my makeup look was very simple back 10 years ago lol no cat eyes or cut crease just a sparkle shadow and a lip gloss and some Mascara.

RE: Beauty Throwback Challenge: 10 years of Community!

Such a wonderful community!

Happy Beautyversary BIC!

I started getting back into makeup after college.   I definitely remember doing a lot of smoky eyes and cat eyes.   Both, which I still rock 😉, but much improved.

Wish I could do both of those!😩 @danielledanielle

10 years?! Wow, I had no idea. 

@TeamBIC congratulations on 10 years!! 🎉🎊

@TeamBIC Wow!  Ten years!  I remember going on BT in the beginning and the posts were fast and furious.  Now, I feel like we have more connection 🙂

As for Week One of eye trends, I remember rocking the white liner in high school.  I got a lot of great feedback, and it gave me much-needed confidence for using makeup.  Funny that white liner has made a comeback again.  I've been meaning to wear it again for old time's sake - darn this pandemic!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos32
  • IMG_20150809_151533.jpg
  • 10 year anniversary BIC_mock.png
  • 6CF117CE-37EE-4C96-A49C-F3DD95E49931.jpeg
  • 15997057785587646558937783135457.jpg
  • woF_HtUB9TaP
  • throwbackeyes.JPG
  • 10 year challenge_eye trends.JPG
  • A93EBF7A-14E3-42AA-888B-AE2DF3C1A695.jpeg
  • 0A674B11-4DB2-41B7-9DF4-88F79F8064FA.gif