Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Thanks @GeorginaBT ! I started randomly having this issue a few days ago on both my iPad and iPhone, using Chrome and Safari. Glad to hear it’s being worked on! 

It just happened to me again 10-15 minutes ago, while I was reading a thread on the side via iPad (I don’t use the app). I clicked a product link in that thread: I opened it in a new tab and kept the thread open in the original tab. When I switched back to the thread’s tab and tried to heart someone’s comment, the page kept glitching—so I refreshed the page and got the error message various people have already complained about. From that error page, I navigated to the Sephora.com homepage and tried to get back into BIC from there. Surprisingly, it worked this time and I didn’t have to log back in. Other times this has happened, I couldn’t get back into BIC without using a different browser. 

On iPad Safari browser, I have to close all my tabs and then log back in to Sephora.com, then I can navigate to Community. However, like @WinglessOne reported, if I click on any product links to .com, then I can’t get back to BIC until I close all my tabs and start over at .com. Not sure this is helpful, but FYI and posting in case it helps anyone else get back in. @TeamBIC 

@sister13 @WinglessOne - I had this same thing occur.  I'm using an Anroid phone and tablet (both Samsung using Chrome).

@sister13 @TeamBIC   Oooooh, the plot thickens! A day or 2 ago, while I was at BIC, I opened my Loves List in a new tab (iPad + Chrome) and that was all it took to knock me out of BIC again. And today, I was able to replicate the instance I reported earlier by visiting The Danessa Myricks Beauty Thread and opening Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Mattifying Water Powder Serum with Niacinamide and Hyaluronic Acid... in a new Chrome tab. Kicked me outta BIC but not .com. I’m starting to see a connection. 

Cookie/credentials handling between .com and BIC has been wonky for what seems like a couple years for me. I like to reset all my passwords at least once a year. Whenever I do that at Sephora.com, even if I log out of both BIC and .com separately (log outta BIC first, then .com), I end up locked out of .com and BIC for several days: my new password throws an authentication error. Even if I use my laptop and clear all my Sephora-related cookies before heading to .com and trying to log in with my new password. (It’s easier to delete individual cookies from Chrome via laptop than iPad.) Pretty sure I’ve reported that before, but if not: yeah, strange things are afoot there. 

Thanks for the update. I am still having to reload the page multiple times to be able to post.

Thank you it seems to be working now fingers crossed 🤞 @GeorginaBT 

Great @GeorginaBT , thank you! It’s so tricky! Ugh! 

@GeorginaBT, thanks.  The sooner, the better.  It just happened again, with me trying to tag this message 😅😔

@GeorginaBT Thank you for the update. 

@TeamBIC  this is from @fatimamummy 

I can’t get on through browser and in App I can read but Can’t respond. I get a blank page when I try to comment. 

@GeorginaBT I'm having issues with Bic through browser. It won't let me sign in, keeps glitching 

@GeorginaBT count me in as well sadly. Every single time I’m having to clear those darn cookies and the flash show or no notices/ refresh message screen! 😭 (and I love cookies! 😆) It has been taking me all day to even get on and it’s been late at night usually for almost 2 weeks now.  Miraculously I got in just now so maybe it’s fixed?! 

@Sunnysmom  it’s been about 4 days for me I’m interested to see what’s happening I hope it resolves for you soon 💕

I know it can be frustrating @peculiarzmakeup . It always resolves tho! 💞

Soon enough fingers crossed 🤞 @Sunnysmom 

@Sunnysmom @lmaster I didn’t have to clear my cookies on mobile phone. The way I got in is to retype the Sephora website and it lets me in without giving me an error. 

Thanks @SportyGirly125 , yes I tried that as well but it just then kicks it back to the app. 🤦🏻‍♀️ This hasn’t happened in forever but now it is again both on phone and iPad etc. Ugh. Great to know they’re still working on it. I’m sure it won’t be long. 

@Sunnysmom i just deleted the app, I don't particularly like it except to purchase so I just reinstall it when I need to.  I found through the app if I click on a thread, it will bring a different thread up, so I just can't do anything on Bic hardly through the app. So if you delete the app, it won't kick you back to it when you try to get on through browser

I did that one year actually @lmaster @sister13 . I hate to do it tho! Maybe I will and just reinstall it as you said …😢. I never use it except for ordering and early shopping releases. 

@Sunnysmom it's easy to reinstall it, I do it multiple times a month 🤣

I haven’t been able to use the app for years because of the issues with Community on the app. I tried again about 6 months ago and promptly deleted it again because of that issue of not being able to use both. I wish it would let you choose to use the mobile browser instead of the app so could use

The app for

shopping! . @lmaster @Sunnysmom 

2,333 Replies
testing