Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@lmaster Glad I saw this! I was thinking it was my internet.

@KatieBT @lmaster - Me too!  The page starts to load and then stops.

@Titian06 @ShortErica @RGbrown @KatieBT I'm sure this would be comparable to water torture 😳😆

@lmasterthanks for this! I thought it might be me. I've tried on my laptop, my work laptop, my phone, and through different browsers and all are sooooo slow. And @RGbrown love that you timed it!

@KatieBT @TeamBIC 

I'll pile on here! Load times have been terrible with the recent updates; a few days ago, I played with a timer and it was taking anywhere from 33 seconds to 1:32 for threads to load for me (chrome, mobile site, Android), and it didn't always seem to depend solely on the size of the thread. I had meant to post about it here, but got distracted while waiting for stuff to load 😋

Trying to load page two of the main feed has also been painfully slow in recent days, 2+ minutes. It has put a damper on my browsing, and I doubt I'm the only one. 

But TODAY, something got even worse. It took over 4 minutes just to load this thread (4:09 to be exact). Ewwww, gross 🤪

@lmaster @KatieBT 

I am having the same issue, Every thread I visit is loading slow.

@angel7594 90% of the time it doesn't even load just keep...

@angel7594 90% of the time it doesn't even load just keeps saying connection is lost, the app is a bit faster but still slow 😭

@lmaster Same! Very very slow! 

@rrroxanne I feel like I'm rapidly aging waiting for it to load 😩

@lmaster I think that by the time you’re able to read this, my hair is going to be gray, very gray ! 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

@keana1 I swear I felt the same way 🤣

👵🏼👵🏼👵🏼👵🏼👵🏼 @lmaster ! 

@KatieBT yaaay!!! It's fixed!! I'm getting notifications again!!! Thank you thank you 🙌

@KatieBT - I'm also getting email notifications again!  Thank you for correcting this issue!  I felt so lonely without all of my friends!  💖😄💄

@KatieBT I am not receiving notifications when someone else tags me in a comment. It's driving me crazy!

Hi BIC! We have been reading your comments on this thread - thank you so much for your feedback.

As you may have already noticed, we updated to the text editor on desktop and mobile web. Now we have emojis (😍), you can "@ mention" specific threads, and the product tagging functionality is a bit different. Searching for products is MUCH easier and it will take you less time to tag what you're looking for! I personally love it because I no longer need to spell out the full brand name to find the product you're seeking.

While we're excited for these updates, some of you already know that making updates to the Community can result in unintended issues. We are currently working through these side effects, a few of which being notifications not working properly, photo captions going away, tagged product prices showing up in CAD, and pixelated photos.

Please know that we are working to make fixes and appreciate your patience as we tackle them. 

Thank you so much for sharing feedback on this thread @CookieGirl1 @RGbrown @itsfi @greeneyedgirl107 @GG84  @SportyGirly125 @eshoe and @haleyvvvv 

Hey @KatieBT, sorry, I noticed another thing. Anything posted under a spoiler from before the update looks like its gone. What's weird is that all of the tagged products from the spoilers still show up as tagged. From the RE: Empties - V2 thread (I like that I can tag threads, but it doesn't go to the first page? https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/Empties-V2/td-p/4343686)

Screenshot_20200711-132801.png

😯😯😯

@haleyvvvv @KatieBT 

I went spoiler-hunting. From what I see, spoilers with just text are still intact. Spoilers with tags won't open, and I found other spoilers that won't open that I think have just pics (but no tags).

Hoping and praying these can be restored...there's a lot of valuable info hiding under spoilers. 

Spoiled spoilers are never a good thing, @RGbrown 😉

@KatieBT 

Not to further bombard you guys, but I’m in Canada and my prices are coming up in USD when I tag. So it’s like a switch was flipped 🤷🏼‍♀️

@KatieBT I used to get notifications straight to my email for pm and when I'm getting tagged, and that is not happening anymore 😥

2,331 Replies
testing