Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Thank you for all of your diligence, @TeamBIC. I was just able to edit it, so a big 🙌🏼 to you all!!

@TeamBIC from @Guessgal 

So… has anyone figured out how to sign in to BIC yet? It’s giving me this continuous loop of loading my profile, then kicking me back out

Is there a solution for this?

———————————————————-

I also have this happen to me throughout the day but it comes and goes. 

Hi @SportyGirly125 (and everyone else experiencing log in issues!) - our tech teams have identified a potential more permanent fix and it should be made later this week! Fingers crossed it helps resolve these log in troubles. 🤞

Want to thank everyone again for your patience - the log in issues are not fun and we appreciate you all finding ways to work around them in the meantime! 🙏 Stay tuned for more. 

@TeamBIC, fingers crossed the permanent fix will correct these login issues. I can only access by opening a private browser window. I'm also not allowing location access.

Thank you, @TeamBIC , for continuing to work this issue!  I'm to the point where I'm logging in once a week because of all the hoops I have to jump through. 😖  I look forward to later this week! 🙂

Thank you yet again @TeamBIC ! Finally got back in today for first time in almost 4 days! ☺️ I tried all the tricks and nothing until just now. (Paws crossed it stays!) I am not getting notifications however which is a new glitch for me, fyi. 

@TeamBIC Thank you for the update!

It is incredibly frustrating, @SportyGirly125. I do not use the app as I had issues with that (although it has been so long, I do not recall what they were). I was able to log in just now, but it is usually short-lived. 

I have too use incognito mode, otherwise I can't login. @SportyGirly125. I don't know if that will be helpful information to @Guessgal 

@CynthieLu Thanks for the reminder about the incognito option.  I had totally forgotten about that - which is why I'm just on now as I haven't been able to for days and days.  I feel so out of the loop.  IDK if my phone has that option.

If you don't have incognito mode you could Google it to see what options your phone's browser's has, it might be some other type of private mode in a different name.

But for me and my google browser if I right click ( or press and hold on the community page for example) it will say all my options like new tab group,new tab or "incognito tab" 

I hope this helps @greeneyedgirl107 

@CynthieLu thanks for the info!  I found it on my phone.   I used it a little but it wasn't working yesterday or today.

@SportyGirly125 I'm used to going directly to community.sephora.com and logging in from there but it hasn't been working for a while now. Either on my iPad or my PC. I cleared my cookies and that has worked on the past but didn't this time. What has worked a couple of times is going to the Sephora main page, logging out, then logging back in, and from the main page clicking on the community button. Yesterday, I was on it for a while and it kicked me out mid post. That was really annoying. However, I was able to do these steps and log back in. On the app (I have an Android), it's hit or miss whether or not I can log in.

@makeitup305 I don’t really have issues logging in. It doesn’t bother me really if I can’t get on since I can use the App. I’m just reporting issues from the other Ambassadors. 

Hi @TeamBIC  @GeorginaBT I know you have you hands full with the app issues currently but I just want to report for the last few weeks anything I try to upload to my gallery never is not appearing on my gallery page.

Thank you for all the hard work on these behind the scene issues. 🙏

Thanks for this @CynthieLu! 🙏 We'll be sure to pass this along to our tech partners who have been investigating this issue. 

@CynthieLu @Same for me. I see it in the gallery but not on my profile page. 

@TeamBIC you already know the log in issues members are having 

@Kim888 wanted to let you know she can’t log in and is having issues 

Hi all! Just wanted to acknowledge again that our vendor/tech partners are still investigating the issues that are causing the sign-in problems on Community. Please know none of you are alone in experiencing these issues - even Team BIC is running into them! I've personally had better luck logging in from an incognito tab from my browser, in case that is helpful to anyone ... 🤞 Thank you all for your understanding! 

@GeorginaBT, I was able to login to Sephora and access the Community section in incognito mode on my desktop Firefox browser. I can access Sephora's site normally on my desktop but receive an error message and am signed out when I click on Community. I also receive the error page when I click on a notification email link to view a post where I've been tagged. I cleared all the cookies and cache and still got the error page.

I have had no problems accessing the Community area using my Google Pixel phone but I can't for the life of me locate the notification bell. When I click on an emailed notification, I'm brought to the Sephora App's main page and then have to hunt for the thread.

Thank you for working through these issues. I finally found this thread on my phone!

@GeorginaBT, haven't tried this yet.  I'm still doing what you recommended and clearing cookies.  I try not to navigate away from community, I think @sister13 pointed this out because I'll definitely error out.

Hope there's a fix soon 🤞🏽🤞🏽

Sorry to hear even @TeamBIC is having the same problem

2,331 Replies
testing