Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@TeamBIC Ever since yesterday the photo section on my profile page doesn’t load any pictures. Is this being revamped like the review page?

@SportyGirly125and @TeamBIC , had the exact same issue around the same time frame when trying to upload a photo.  Also ran into the object error again, but will post that later.  Was on Mobile site.

Hi @SportyGirly125! Uh oh, sorry to hear you're having trouble loading your Gallery photos. We're able to see your uploads on our side from this link: https://www.sephora.com/community/gallery/album/49022337. We might suggest clearing your browser cache/cookies and refreshing the page to see if that helps? 

TeamBIC_0-1688071935975.png

@TeamBIC @On the Sephora app It doesn’t show my profile pictures. I tried to upload two photos today but it gave me the error bad request 😞 Not sure what’s going on since it never happened to me before. 

can a MOD help @keelybt @DaneeBT @StephanieBT @LaurieBT @HilaryBT ?

@SportyGirly125 I'm sorry to hear that! I will send you a PM for more information. 

@keelybt Thank you. I sent you a PM back. 

@TeamBIC @here is a snapshot of what I see on my Profile page on the app. 
IMG_0620.jpeg

@TeamBIC Sorry I forgot to mention it was through the Sephora App and not Desktop.

@KatieBT I'm not sure the best way to report inappropriate answer on a products q&a. I didn't see a button,  but I took a screen shot.  It's the first response to a question on ONE/SIZE by Patrick Starrr Ultimate Setting & Baking Puff 

Hi @CynthieLu,

Thank you for flagging this! I'm so sorry to see this and I'll have this removed.  

Best regards,

Laurie

Thinking we need a luxe group

@KatieBT  I've been noticing an issue lately. It doesn't affect my use of the BIC forum, but it's odd. There have been a few times where someone has asked a question, and their status (beside their user name) shows up as Rouge and (sometimes) a somewhat experienced poster. However, the question struck me as odd coming from someone who's Rouge, so I looked at their profile. And their actual profile shows that they're at the Beauty Insider level, and a newcomer to posting.

A few of these were scam profiles and have since been deleted, but not all. Here's one example, with the post first and then the profile:

Westcoasty_0-1686318382362.png

Westcoasty_1-1686318408440.png

My profile, OTOH, shows me as Rouge when replying to a post (which is correct), but as an Insider on my profile. My Follower and Following numbers are incorrect as well (both are higher).

Westcoasty_2-1686318530925.png

Westcoasty_3-1686318554053.png

Like I said, it doesn't interfere with my BIC forum use, but it seems like something that ought to be sorted. 😊

Thanks for sharing @Westcoasty  ! I've noticed for some time that the profile shows differently whether you are looking from main Sephora page (sephora.com) vs Community Home (community.sephora.com). The URLs and most of the data (community rank, # of posts, followers, following) is all different. Both show me as Insider, though I'm rouge. You can see they are actually different URLs. @TeamBIC 

When I visit my profile from Sephora.com:

sephora dot com profile.jpg

When I visit my profile from community.sephora.com:

community profile.jpg

@TeamBIC I’ve had same issue for years actually. One page says Insider and rest say Rouge which is correct. 

This is a great find @sister13 - thank you for sharing! We'll note this detail about the discrepancy between profiles. 😊

Appreciate you! 🙏

Thanks @GeorginaBT ! Appreciate y'all so much, too!

@Westcoasty @Actually the person you tagged Katie doesn’t work at Sephora anymore that’s why it’s says alum next to her name. I would tag TeamBIC. 

@SportyGirly125   Thanks!

@TeamBIC   Over to you, please and thank you. 😊

Hi there @Westcoasty! I'm GeorginaBT, one member of Team BIC - thanks for leaving your feedback and reporting this issue. 🙂 We've seen some odd behavior with the Beauty Insider status badges not matching on a member's profile and posts, similar to what you've outlined here. We'll note this as a recurring issue! Appreciate your patience as we work towards making the BIC the best it can be. 💕

@KatieBT  I see this issue also applies to people I'm following (sorry @CorgiMommy - I swear it's not personal! LOL), where the status on my Following page is correct, but their actual profile is wrong:

Westcoasty_1-1686319152034.png

Westcoasty_0-1686319129234.png

@TeamBIC   And this is my follow-up comment. 😊

1 Reply
testing