Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@eshoe @I was able to add the tag for her because she couldn’t figure it out. It is weird that members can do that but not take away. 

If that is the case, @SportyGirly125, it must be possible for admin to remove a tag, too. At least I would hope!

Hello @TeamBIC . I just wanted to let you know that I was having issues tagging a certain member. I would start typing her name with the @ symbol, and it would pop up, and I would select it. However, a different community member was tagged with a similar name minus one number. I don't know if anyone else is having the same issue?

Thanks for tagging TeamBIC here, @Mellmars1185! I'll reach out via PM to help with this. 😊

Hi @TeamBIC i am having the same issue, I try to type in @Anonymous7 , even if I select her icon, even if she is the only name in the drop down menu, when my posts post it only selects or links @Anonymous and skips the 7

Thank you for you help!

@CynthieLu Thanks for mentioning this!  I was just about to post about the issue you were having when I saw this.  💟

@Mellmars1185 thanks for posting this!  ❤️ 💙 💜 

I hope it's a easy fix and you get your notifications back soon @Anonymous7 🤞

@CynthieLu same here!!!  

@Mellmars1185 I’m not having this issue. 

Hello again @TeamBIC !  As of 12:15 a.m. Eastern time, on Opera, I've been able to fully access the shopping part and Community parts of this site.  I was even able to complete a checkout. 😁

I'm still having a little trouble on Firefox.  I was able to log in and remain logged in, fill a cart, and complete checkout until I got to the "place order" step. When I was prompted to login and entered, nothing happened and I was automatically logged out.  The same situation happened when I tried to access the Community while using Firefox.

Uh oh, thanks for flagging this @Ispend2much6! 😥 Glad to know one of your browsers is working, at least! Would you be able to try clearing your cookies/cache on your Firefox browser to see if that helps at all? 

@GeorginaBT  I did try that and it didn’t help.

My joy is short-lived because I can access all on Opera EXCEPT for the Community. I automatically get signed out.

Also when I try to sign in on Firefox I got this 

error message:

"Token expired"

@LaurieBT @keelybt I need to report this user Richard771 for being creepy and leaving other members inappropriate comments/posts. 

F1C78006-F906-4E20-88E3-671899CB0104.png

6C83CCB7-F412-4982-94C5-6AEDA384598E.png

Hi @SportyGirly125,

I sincerely apologize for my delayed response to you as I was out of the office. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'll send you a message shortly!

Warm regards,

Laurie

Thanks @SportyGirly125 ! Agree with giving that one the boot! 

@SportyGirly125  I was just about to report that user. When I see posts like that, especially when several posts sound identical or use identical language, I assume the user is really a bot account. And see, this is one of the reasons bot accounts are bad. Anyway, hope a mod or admin can take care of this one. Thanks for reporting it here! 

@SportyGirly125 Thank you for reporting this.

Hello @TeamBIC ! I just wanted to let you know that I am having issues posting from my phone. I end up getting unwanted spaces between lines which I can delete and it makes my post look really long so I have to try and redo it. Also tagging products with the hashtag seems to make the issue occur. @CynthieLu was kind enough to point me in the right direction so I can let you know.

Hiya @Mellmars1185! Sorry to hear you've been seeing these issues as well - you're definitely not the only one! 😥 When you have a moment, would you be able to let me know what device and platform (e.g., mobile web for Android, Sephora app for iOS) you're using? This info will be helpful context for our tech teams. 😊 Thank you! 

@GeorginaBT, I'm experiencing the exact same problem @Mellmars1185 described. I'm using Google Pixel 6a android phone and posting using the Sephora app.

testing