Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Thank you for keeping us updated @GeorginaBT !

Thank you so much for the update @GeorginaBT ! One step at a time and everything will be working smoothly!! 

I had to uninstall the app, because I would try to reply to post and it would glitch out.  It would basically return me to the previous screen or homepage.

The image too large error also has made a reappearance while I was posting from my mobile.

ETA: can't post to gallery either.  Tried tagging items, untagging them, got this message

Screenshot_20230107-103145.png

My mobile is an Android @TeamBIC , using Chrome browser

@danielledanielle  I have also been having the issue you describe with being unable to reply to posts in the app for a while now - it would show that it was loading for a few seconds, then bounce me back out of the post editor to the previous page or the homepage. I uninstalled and re-installed the app and I seem to be able to reply now (fingers crossed!). I didn't realize this was affecting others too, I'm glad I found this thread!

I also am using an Android if that helps/makes any difference.

This is helpful feedback - thanks @caitbird! 😊🙏 I'll pass along your message to our tech partners here at Sephora HQ. 

@caitbird , solidarity in Android!

Also tagging @TeamBIC 

Oh no, thanks for letting us know about this @danielledanielle! I've let our Forum vendor partners know about this weird experience you're seeing when you try to reply to posts and upload images.

Also appreciate the heads up on this Gallery "object Object" error - our Gallery vendors have been getting closer to solving this one, and it's helpful to know that you saw the issue again recently! We've flagged this to our partners as well.

Thanks for being so on top of things (as always)! 🙏

@danielledanielle , I can’t post to Gallery either and several others also have this issue, this seems to be a known issue going on years now. Fingers crossed @GeorginaBT ! 💗💗

Thanks at @GeorginaBT .

I've reinstalled the app, so the reply glitch has disappeared.

Gallery - can't post from the app either, got this message when trying to upload a picture with tagged items.

Screenshot_20230109-203324.png

@danielledanielle So glad to hear the reply glitch disappeared! Did you ever run into the "image too large" error again? If you ever do, we're happy to pass along any screenshots to our Forum partners who are investigating. 🙂

Also appreciate you flagging this Gallery error! It's a known one on our side, and it's helpful for our tech partners to know that users continue to see it. I've shared your feedback with them! 🙏

Nope, haven't had the "image too large" issue.

Thank you for the update @GeorginaBT 🥰

Re: Gallery.  Similar issue described in this thread previously, like it'll say they photo was successfully submitted, but it doesn't appear.  I've sent 3-5 photos this week, and I think only one two have appeared, but I know I submitted 2-3 at a time.

I've also noticed on past photos where I have tagged products, they don't appear as tagged photos anymore (from my profile).  Also most photos in the gallery aren't tagged with products, or don't seem to be.

Grr, that's a frustrating experience @danielledanielle 🙁 But thank you for letting us know what you're seeing in the Gallery! We'll share this with our Gallery vendor and have them look into your uploads specifically.

Appreciate you! 🙏

I’m curious, is anyone else finding the BIC site to be slow the last few days? I seem to be having slow speeds on iPad and iPhone, especially when posting. Just wondered if anyone else is having that issue. My internet speeds are consistent and not seeing this on other sites I normally browse. Thanks!

@sister13 @WinglessOne @SportyGirly125 Hey friends (and happy 2023 )! Thanks for posting here about this - we'll keep an eye out for any out-of-the-ordinary slowness on the BIC. The site might need a moment to wake up in the new year 😅 (kidding!! ...but I know I sure do!) 

Thanks a lot @GeorginaBT ! Maybe just more people were off of work and enjoying the site! Happy New Year and thanks for all you do for BIC!

Thanks @WinglessOne and @SportyGirly125 ! I’ll see how it goes today before tagging the lovely admins. 

@sister13  Yep, especially yesterday (Jan. 2): BIC was so slow on my iPhone (iOS 16.2 + Google Chrome v.108 + mobile web version of Sephora), I thought the whole forum was down for maintenance. I tried accessing BIC again an hour or so later and it took nearly 3-5 minutes to reach the Community homepage; I didn't closely time it, but hangtime was definitely longer than 2 minutes. 

I haven't noticed slow loading via desktop web on my MacBook Pro + Chrome. 

@sister13 @It’s been slow for

me too at certain times of the day. 

Are there issues with the Q&A feature again?  I tried to post twice for CLINIQUE Quickliner™ For Eyes Intense Eyeliner and kept getting error messages.  I have two questions about this products, and one for CLINIQUE Quickliner™ For Eyes Eyeliner 

Sorry to hear Q&A's been giving you trouble, @greeneyedgirl107! 😥 Would love to know what device and platform (e.g., Sephora app for iOS) you've been using when seeing these error messages. Appreciate you reporting this! 🙏

@GeorginaBT I can't remember if I was using my smartphone or tablet.  I always use the website, not the app.

3 Replies
testing