Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Thank you! @TeamBIC Happy New Year! 

@TeamBIC I don’t know if this has anything to do with the new iPhone 15.1.1 software update that happened recently but it isn’t allowing me to post pictures on the web on my phone. I can post pictures through the Sephora App though. 

When I click on the camera icon nothing pops up to upload the picture. 

Hey @SportyGirly125! Thanks for reporting this. Could you let us know what web browser you are using when trying to add photos to your forum posts?

Good to know you're on iOS 15.1.1! We'll be sharing all these details with our vendor partners. 🙂

@TeamBIC I am using Google Chrome.  I know I am not the only one who is having this issue as @BaseballJen mentioned it too.

Helloooo, @SportyGirly125 and @BaseballJen! Thank you both for your patience on this. Our vendor has started looking into this issue, but haven't yet been able to recreate the error on their mobile web browsers. Are you still not seeing any popups after clicking the camera icon in the text editor? We'd love to know if you're seeing anything different! 

@TeamBIC I noticed last week sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  This week I didn't notice any issues yet.

@SportyGirly125 That's GREAT to hear! Hopefully the photo uploader continues to work for you (and @BaseballJen🤞

Our vendor partners mentioned that it's possible that the "Reply to Post" page might struggle to display the photo uploader if the page has not fully loaded... just something to keep in mind in case the issue comes up again in the future! And please feel free to let us know if it does 🙂

@TeamBIC I appreciate the new messaging format. The problem I have with it is that when I reply back the reply button is so far down by the bottom menu that it doesn’t allow me to hit the reply button. The menu covers that area. This happens on mobile and on the App and is really annoying. The only way to respond back is to start a new message to the person. 

Thank you for bringing this to attention, @SportyGirly125 - I just noticed this yesterday and didn’t make it to my computer to check it out there as well, although it seems like it might just affect mobile users. 

Hi @SportyGirly125,

Thanks so much for flagging this to us! We see what you mean on our mobile web browsers, and are working with our vendor partners now on a solve. 

Would you be able to provide a little more detail about the experience you're seeing on the Sephora app? We'd love to understand any issues that are surfacing in the app design - a screenshot might be helpful for us to pass along to our partners!

Thank you!! 

@TeamBIC I think the only issue is the bottom menu screen getting in the way on mobile when replying back.  This only happens if the message is longer than a couple of words.  No issues on the app since I tried it today.

Appreciate the clarification, @SportyGirly125! We saw the same experience, and wanted to give you an update that a fix to this "Reply" button issue on mobile browsers will be going live next Wednesday, 10/20. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention! ❤️

@TeamBIC Yay. Thank you for the update!

@TeamBIC 

Someone broke the feed on the mobile site (mobile, chrome, Android). I sat down at my desk so I could get more threads in one shot, and the full site on my desktop is just fine and dandy (chrome, windows). I'm unsure if the app is affected as I don't I have it.

Instead of showing the most recent reply to a thread, the mobile site is now showing the original first post of whatever thread is at the top of that page, and if I click "read more", I am directed to the original post of that first thread. When I took these shots, Empties V2 was the first thread on the first page, but that'll change as soon as someone else bumps another thread to the top. A few pics:

Screenshot_20211006-140205~2.png

^First thread on the first page of the feed

Screenshot_20211006-140222~2.png

^Second thread on the first page of the feed

Screenshot_20211006-140600~2.png

^and the third thread from the first page of the feed

When I go to page two of the feed, the same thing happens, but this time it's using the original text from the first post on the second page, and so on and so forth for seemingly every single page of the feed. 

ETA: aaaaand as soon as I posted, it seems to be fixed. Leaving this post up anyways, as it's a weird anomaly 🤔

Hi friends! Thanks for pointing out this glitch where incorrect posts are being pulled into the post preview boxes on the Community homepage feed. To give you some background, our vendor partners have been helping us make routine, behind-the-scenes optimizations to the Community forum to help improve performance, and it seems the latest update inadvertently caused this bug ... whoops!

Yesterday our partners reverted the optimization changes which brought the homepage feed back to normal. We'll be continuously trying to re-launch the updates without causing the feed glitch again, and appreciate your patience as we work to get the BIC in tip-top shape! 🙏

(P.S. Glad some of you noticed the newly upgraded private message inbox! Thankfully, that update wasn't what caused the feed issues - we're happy we get to keep it in place. ❤️)

@RGbrown @Kim888 @haleyvvvv @Guessgal @snoflakefaerie 

@TeamBIC hello - I just wanted to report this original post glitch is happening again for me this morning.  I’m on the mobile site on Apple ! 

@RGbrown this happened to me too!! Last night around midnight PST. It was so weird!! But it appears to be fixed. Since weird bug with an update?

Update, @TeamBIC , is happening again. 7 am PST, chrome browser on Android mobile.

Edit: Sometimes what is described above is happening and sometimes it is the most recent "parent" reply that shows up. It's been very glitchy.

Screenshot_20211007-065856_Chrome.jpg

@RGbrown @This has been happening to me all day on and off as well! So strange! 

@RGbrown I noticed the same thing earlier today and thought it was very odd too. The format of my PM inbox on mobile feels like it’s been upgraded so I assumed the issue with the site replies could be related to this change?

@Guessgal 

Ahhh, I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw it. So weird! Hopefully it doesn't come back again.

Whoa, yeah, the PM box is way different, I hadn't seen that yet. Definitely could have been a side effect of the update!

8 Replies
testing