Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hey @TeamBIC ! I tested it out with the same product as I did in the screenshot last time and it looks to be tagging properly (shown below) and there’s no endless wait time too! For good measure, I also posted a gallery photo on Monday and checked back. Looks like it posted on Wednesday, which is within the 72hr review timeframe so all good there as well. Thanks so much for working on this issue! 

FD01BC4D-5938-419F-A614-8EEB45CDC9BA.jpeg

We LOVE to hear it!! Thanks so much for reporting back @Guessgal 😊 Happy product tags are loading properly again!

@Guessgal I had this same issue happen to me last month on my phone.  I tried the app instead and it worked.

Also, there has been times I had to upload a photo multiple times for it to show up on my gallery.  Now when I upload on the app it takes 2-3 days for it to appear on my profile.

@Guessgal @SportyGirly125 Uh oh, thank you both for flagging these Gallery upload issues! We've passed along your reports to our Gallery vendor partners for a closer look. 

The product tagging trouble is an issue our tech team is actively working through, so we hope to find a fix for this soon! We appreciate your patience as we troubleshoot these bugs. 😊

@TeamBIC Oh this is super strange! The photo I uploaded on Gallery two weeks ago magically appeared on my profile page today and time stamp says uploaded 6hrs ago. Is there a new approval process that perhaps caused the delay?

@TeamBIC 

Another data point; I haven't been able to upload to the gallery since at least Oct of last year (maybe even before that, as that was my first attempt). The sweeps I was trying enter at the time ended, and I forgot all about the issue, but I tested again just now, and nope, I still can't upload.

Chrome, Android, mobile

The post where I reported this last time:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-at-Sephora/Beauty-Insider-Community-Feedback/m-p/5607052/h...

And a screenshot of today's result

Screenshot_20210628-174121.png

Appreciate you confirming that this Gallery error is persistent, @RGbrown! Thanks so much for providing the platform you're using as well (Chrome for Android) - this will help our Gallery vendor partners continue their investigation further.

@TeamBIC I just received a spam email this morning from williams8942 

@SportyGirly125 I will send you a PM for more information. 

@keelybt I just messaged you back.

@TeamBIC my email notifications are still very inconsistent.  Sometimes I get an email right after someone tags me, sometimes literally a few hours later, and other times not at all.  I don't see any specific pattern for the variability either.

Hi @CookieGirl1! So sorry to hear you're experiencing inconsistent email notifications. ☹️ And none of the missing notifications somehow got sent to your spam folders, did they? 

We thank you again for your patience as we work through a solid fix here! 

@TeamBIC No, I've checked my spam folder.  I'd say that I get emails from tags at least 75% of the time; not sure why I don't get them the other 25% of the time, lol.  No biggie, I've just gotten used to checking the little notification icon on the Community page more often :).

I often ask questions on certain products on the individual products’ pages. Sometimes I’ll get an email notifying me when someone has replied to my question, but it ends up being days after they reply.

It would be nice if I could view a dashboard that shows all my posts/questions and that displays/notifies me if there is a new response to my question. I know there’s a section where I can view the questions I have posted, but I always have to go back to the individual product page and find my question to see if anyone has responded.

This is great feedback for Community's Questions & Answers platform @ava123, thank you for sharing! We're constantly working to improve the Beauty Insider Community experience and hearing directly from members like you is a huge help. 😊

The “Recent Orders” feature on the website doesn’t always work for me. (I access Sephora via the website in my iPhone’s Safari browser, not the app.)

Not sure if this is a glitch or not, but I’ve noticed that some products that are no longer available for sale on Sephora also disappear from my “Recent Orders” list even though I know I bought it!

I use the “Loves” feature to keep track of products that I might want to purchase.

However, the older (?) items in my “Loves” folder keep disappearing. Is this because you can only have a certain number of products that you “Love”?

Also, sometimes when I try to click on the heart (“Love”), it won’t save. I’ll click on it and the heart lights up for a fraction of a section, but then the colour disappears, indicating that I can’t “Love” that product. 

There are a lot of products that I’d like to bookmark via the “Loves” feature, but then I can’t keep track of them because it either disappears from my list after a certain amount of time, or it won’t let me flag it in the first place...So I end up forgetting them and not buying them.

@ava123 - You can only add 100 items to your Loves list.  You can add a few items beyond 100, but other items will disappear from the list.  As you delete items from your list, the missing items will reappear.  You will also not be able to click a heart; it won't turn red.  Once you clear some room on your Loves list, you can go back and click the heart.

@Titian06 Good to know.  I never had a hundred on mine as I delete them every so often.

@TeamBIC ever since yesterday I have been having issues on different threads of my posts disappearing. They haven’t popped back up as of yet.

UPDATE: They all reappeared today. 

Uh oh, thanks for bringing this to our attention @SportyGirly125. We're happy to hear all your posts reappeared, and apologize for the buggy experience! If you notice this happen again, please don't hesitate to let us know.

1 Reply
testing