Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Thanks! I don’t seem to be getting notifications for replies or messages either. I am also having login troubles and issues posting pics. 

@TeamBIC, some responses to posts are not showing up; or they show up, I respond to the post and then that post disappears. There also seems to be a disconnect of sorts between what appears when accessing  the Community "Conversations" through the app or through the website (either on my laptop or phone). 

Here's what shows up when I access the Community through my iPhone:

BIC messages error - phone.png

Here's what I see when I access the same post on my laptop (PC):

BIC messages error - laptop.png

This started happening yesterday evening. The app posts includes the response form @ather to my post on the mask thread, but does not include my reply. When I log onto BIC from my laptop, and go to the same post on the mask thread, @ather's response to my post does not appear, but my reply to her response to my post does show up. However, it shows up as if it is in reply to @eshoe's response to my original post.

@TeamBIC 

Any update on when email notifications might be fixed? We're going on two weeks this Wednesday, which is crazy...I don't think they've ever been out for more than a day or two before. 

Hi @RGbrown and @CookieGirl1 - thank you for your patience! Our engineers and vendor partners are in the process of implementing changes that we hope will correct this ongoing email notifications issue. 

Our apologies again for the inconvenience! We'll be sure to update this thread as soon as we hear a fix has been put in place.

@TeamBIC I actually received one email notification for being tagged in a post on Saturday so I thought this was fixed, but I’ve noticed today that I’m back to not receiving the emails. Just thought I’d mention it in case it’s helpful for your troubleshooting!

Thanks, @TeamBIC.  Appreciate the update! I hadn't realized until today but I'm not even getting notifications about private messages, not just community tags.  Thanks for trying to work on things. 

@CookieGirl1 @Guessgal These notes about your experiences with this email notifications bug are helpful - thank you both for tagging us! 

@TeamBIC I actually even tried just resetting all of my notification settings to see if that would make a difference and unfortunately it didn't.

I tried also @CookieGirl1 . I have not had email notifications in well over 9 months!! Maybe more! Lol 

@TeamBIC thanks for working on this issue and keeping us informed as well! 🤗

@Sunnysmom 9 months?!  Wow.  It's so weird that only some people are affected and others seemingly aren't.

Yup @CookieGirl1 ! Maybe more. 🤪It’s been driving me nutty forEVER! Good thing there was *ahem more time last year to develop some patience! Agree, wonder why just some of us! Ugh. 

@TeamBIC not getting email notifications either

Thanks for flagging @sprocketta! We're aware that many Community members are not receiving email notifications at this time, so we're continuing to work closely with our engineering and vendor partners to troubleshoot and fix. We apologize for the frustrating experience! We'll be sure to post an update once we begin to see improvements. 🙂

@TeamBIC I'm still not getting email notifications, either; I think it's been (as @RGbrown commented) about two weeks now.

@TeamBIC I also posted about this on The Bug Thread 

@TeamBIC also not receiving email notifications for tags 

Hello, @TeamBIC! The past day or two (I think since the update), I haven't been receiving email notifications when someone @ me. I think they're showing up under notifications though.

Is this happening to anyone else?

@haleyvvvv @Loretta55 @lnum @lmaster Hi all! We're continuing to work with our engineering team and vendor partners behind-the-scenes to work out a solution for broken email notifications. We have our fingers crossed for a fix soon!

Thank you for flagging the bug to us, and appreciate your patience as we continue to troubleshoot! 

Thank you for the update, @TeamBIC!! 

@TeamBIC thank you for all your consistent hard work!!

@TeamBIC , I am having the same problem @haleyvvvv. I am not receiving email notifications when someone mentions me.

testing