Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Just wanted to say that I am still facing all the same issues as I was a few weeks ago. Can't give hearts, can't sort threads, can't click to "next page", can't join groups. This is using Chrome on a Mac OS. Clearing caches does not fix the issues. Everything works fine in Safari, but I have to open the browser specifically to access this site, which is a pain. 

@candacebt any headway on the groups issue? I noticed it had been mentioned a few days ago, but it happened to me just the other day. Out of the ones I joined, some stuck, some didn't. The ones that didn't won't let me rejoin. I can, however, join ones that I hadn't been a member of before.

jozkid wrote:

@candacebt any headway on the groups issue? I noticed it had been mentioned a few days ago, but it happened to me just the other day. Out of the ones I joined, some stuck, some didn't. The ones that didn't won't let me rejoin. I can, however, join ones that I hadn't been a member of before.

Hey there - Let me look into that! I know it's been reported. 

Thanks @candacebt!

Hi guys! Dropping in with some updates to some buggy things that have recently been fixed!

Bug fixes:

1. We have added more threads to the main page, so that you can see more content on the first page before you have to click to the next page. 

2. When you click to the next page,  you will now get jumped back up to the top of the page and not languish at the bottom. 🙂

3. The newest reply shown in the main feed is now actually the newest reply in the thread. Yay!

Things we're still investigating:

1. Threading - Newest to oldest replies being shown *with* threading seems to be working, but inconsistently. If you have your settings set to "threading" and you have newest to oldest set in the conversation *and* you're signed in, it seems to be working. But we're trying to regulate it for everyone.

2. Photos in the home feed. Working on how to bring this back. *note* - it will not be tomorrow, but it's coming.

3. Third level replies. Same. Working on how to fix this, but won't be tomorrow.

4. App keyboard. Same!

Also a tip if the bold font is bothering you, I turned my browser page size down to 80% and it's much easier for my old eyes to digest. :). But I realize this is also a hack so we're working on how to make this work best for everyone. 

Happy Friday!

Thanks for the update @candacebt

Thank you so much for the updates!  @candacebt ❤️

Yay!!! Thank you so much for the great update @candacebt 🙂

Awww! Thx you @candacebt.  I was about to suggest item #2 on photo but it was already on your radar.

Thank you @candacebt!

Wish I could buy you guys all a round for all the hard work 🙂 

Have a nice weekend!!

Thanks for the update @candacebt! As always, we appreciate you guys working out the kinks! The jumping to the top after a page change is a BIG thanks from me!

I've noticed that LAST replies shows on the homepage instead of the initial reply now! Yay! Another fix! Just looking for the threading issue and we may have ourselves a functional platform. 

Anonymous Insider

I'm missing the old formate 😞 I know that Sephora has decided to change and update this community but I REALLY miss how it use to be. On my computer everything is small and in the middle, like I am on my phone...I'm having a hard time finding what was easy to find before. I know I don't like change in general - but I use to scroll around the pages and find a million things to click on. Now it seems hard to get interested in anything because no pictures are below and all posts look the same. Maybe I am whining but I really miss the old community....

It is fantastic to see the newest comments of a thread now showing in the main feed! Thank you so much for fixing that! 

Yay!!! Thank you for the new changes! That and the top of the page thing when you change pages!

@candacebt thanks so much for sorting it so when I click to go to the the next page l it starts at the top of the page... ❤️

Anonymous Insider

I've been gone for last few weeks on vacation and I feel like such a newb on the website.  Is there a "dumb questions" thread?  For example, I cannot figure out how to change my avatar picture and have it centered like it was on Old School Beauty Talk.  I'm guessing that I'm not the first person to have this issue and I don't want to clog the thread with issues that are new to me be old news to everyone else.

Hi @KatieBT @ShiraBT  - I noticed something odd with the subscription emails.  It's not a big deal, just something new that it didn't do before.

I'm subscribed to the 'Rewards Bazaar Previews and Discussions' thread.

Sometimes I receive email updates that say they are from that thread, like so:

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 6.22.49 PM.png

But other times I receive emails that look like this, and I have no idea what thread they are actually related to, however when I click on the hyperlink, they bring me to the above mentioned thread:

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 6.17.40 PM.png

I'm not sure where it's pulling the title "Caudalie 750pt reward" from, as I don't see that anywhere in her post, but it's confused me a few times with different posts because it looks like I'm receiving emails from threads I haven't subscribed to.

Thanks!

@Mochapj@KatieBT

In this particular instance, "caudalie 750pt reward" is what she captioned her picture for that post. For some reason, notifications and subscription emails (I've seen it in both) seem to glitch out and use the reply's text as the thread title instead of the actual thread title from time to time. It seems to be intermittent, as all of my notifications seem to be correct for now, but it definitely happens.

@Mochapj are you subscribed to the Insiders group? 

@KatieBT I'm a member of the Insiders group, but I didn't realize there was a way to specifically subscribe to it?

testing