Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

I agree with @angel7594 and @DaintyDiva!  While CS questions and responses are very important, having them front and center on the main page

detracts from the feeling of the community - especially when community members aren't able to offer much help. 😞

I'm getting into the groove and liking most the changes these days, especially the app access!

I like to browse all the conversations ordered by most recent as well as by most popular. The popular option used to display threads that were most active in the last month or so. Now it seems to display threads that have been most active since the beginning of BT, so the top returns are old promo threads that aren't used any more. Is there any way you could shorten the time-span being considered for most popular threads so that recent highly active threads float to the top?

Hope that makes sense! Thanks for your hard work!

You guys... It's threading correctly now. 

I just ask for 2 more things!

1. 3rd level replies

2. OP and date at the top of all threads from the homepage. 

I realize its been said before but wow- the black/white is so...stark. Its a little unpleasant to read from my desktop, honestly. Also, I'm not sure if its just me but the website takes a VERY long time to load. I thought the old layout of BT was much more intuitive/user friendly. This will definitely take some getting used to.

RE: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

I don't like that every time I back out of a thread —even if I'm several pages in— I end up at the top of page 1. There still seems to be a scrolling issue where I'm suddenly several posts below where I'm trying to read.

RE: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

I have this same problem @Beadshopgirl Very frustrating on the app... Also once I click into a thumbnail on the app to view the larger size I can't get out of it without exiting the app completely. iOS on Sephora app...please fix the no comma and space bar position!

@candacebt @KatieBT I'm having a number of issues. First- I'm showing up with 5 posts?!?!?! I've posted more than 5x today alone, let alone ever.

Second- the autocorrect is way vicious and I'm having problems tagging people or writing what I plan to say.

Third- I'm barred from joining groups, and I've been booted from some. 

Fourth- I think I'm just old and probably now past the target demographic, but I'm having a hard time navigating and posting.

I use Mac/Safari because I cannot deal with navigating on an IPhone and not having commas.

I noticed this too @starletta8. It doesn't seem to show correctly on the computer but in the app, my post count is correct.

@KatieBT there's another thread that I can't seem to find - I'm on an iPad and I keep getting an access denied message. 

It'sthis Fair/Pale thread. Any chance we might be able to get it back? 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Face/The-Fair-Pale-Thread/m-p/2373467

@lachaton that one didn't make it for some reason. Here you go!

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Complexion-Club/The-Fair-Pale-Thread/m-p/2281076

Thank you for updates @candacebt , We appreciate all the hard work you guys are putting in to make new forum work!

Just wanted to say that I am still facing all the same issues as I was a few weeks ago. Can't give hearts, can't sort threads, can't click to "next page", can't join groups. This is using Chrome on a Mac OS. Clearing caches does not fix the issues. Everything works fine in Safari, but I have to open the browser specifically to access this site, which is a pain. 

@candacebt any headway on the groups issue? I noticed it had been mentioned a few days ago, but it happened to me just the other day. Out of the ones I joined, some stuck, some didn't. The ones that didn't won't let me rejoin. I can, however, join ones that I hadn't been a member of before.

jozkid wrote:

@candacebt any headway on the groups issue? I noticed it had been mentioned a few days ago, but it happened to me just the other day. Out of the ones I joined, some stuck, some didn't. The ones that didn't won't let me rejoin. I can, however, join ones that I hadn't been a member of before.

Hey there - Let me look into that! I know it's been reported. 

Thanks @candacebt!

Hi guys! Dropping in with some updates to some buggy things that have recently been fixed!

Bug fixes:

1. We have added more threads to the main page, so that you can see more content on the first page before you have to click to the next page. 

2. When you click to the next page,  you will now get jumped back up to the top of the page and not languish at the bottom. 🙂

3. The newest reply shown in the main feed is now actually the newest reply in the thread. Yay!

Things we're still investigating:

1. Threading - Newest to oldest replies being shown *with* threading seems to be working, but inconsistently. If you have your settings set to "threading" and you have newest to oldest set in the conversation *and* you're signed in, it seems to be working. But we're trying to regulate it for everyone.

2. Photos in the home feed. Working on how to bring this back. *note* - it will not be tomorrow, but it's coming.

3. Third level replies. Same. Working on how to fix this, but won't be tomorrow.

4. App keyboard. Same!

Also a tip if the bold font is bothering you, I turned my browser page size down to 80% and it's much easier for my old eyes to digest. :). But I realize this is also a hack so we're working on how to make this work best for everyone. 

Happy Friday!

Thanks for the update @candacebt

Thank you so much for the updates!  @candacebt ❤️

Yay!!! Thank you so much for the great update @candacebt 🙂

Awww! Thx you @candacebt.  I was about to suggest item #2 on photo but it was already on your radar.

Thank you @candacebt!

Wish I could buy you guys all a round for all the hard work 🙂 

Have a nice weekend!!

6 Replies
testing