cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Ask a Beauty Expert

Ask a Beauty ExpertAsk a Beauty Expert

If you know your way around the Beauty Insider Community, chances are you’ve seen a few of our Sephora Pro Artists sharing their looks on the Gallery and dropping their beauty routines in some of our favorite challenge threads.  @ElizaPRO@ShawnPRO, and @ProAmy are Makeup Artists with years of industry experience with a bounty of product knowledge to share. These beauty geniuses are subject matter experts and they give life-changing advice on how to build your basket and put your haul to good use!

We've created this thread to allow you all to better connect with our Sephora Pro Artists here in the BIC! This is a place for you to ask them ANYTHING beauty-related. Don't forget to bookmark this thread by clicking the bookmark icon at the top right of this thread. It will come in handy for those moments you wish you had a beauty expert on speed dial for questions like "is it a good idea to layer these skincare products?" or "what's the best brush for my foundation routine?"

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below!

Re: Ask a Beauty Expert

Hey - I can't claim I'm an expert, but have you tried using a pen instead of a pencil? I got mine someplace online a long time ago, then invested in a micro blade treatment and tattoo (!!) but I just checked and Sephora seems to have something like it: #Benefit Cosmetics Brow Microfilming Eyebrow Pen. It has three little prongs that make it easy to draw little strokes. I found they looked really natural and depending on the formula (I am not familiar with this one) they can last through the day.

Or you can try layering a brow gel on top of the pencil let us know if it helps 

hi! 
I bought https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/sephora-collection-microsmooth-multi-tasking-baked-face-palett...

After I apply primer and foundation, how do I apply these Colours, where and in which order? 

thanks for the help. 

You contour with the dark shade on your temples jawline chin and down the sides of your nose whereever you want to contour really the gold shade is highlighter so you put one of the other two which are blushes on the cheeks and the highlighter on top of the contour

Hello, I typically use Patrick star powder foundation shade 3N but I want to go a shade darker for the summer. Does anybody have tips on how to know what shade to go with? Or is my best bet just to go in store? Thanks in advance!!

Hi @altshuealexis 

Hi there:) I LOVE this formula! Check out  Medium 1 - medium, neutral undertones:) That will give you the nect level of depth that you need!

Hello beauty experts! I need some advice on what to do/products to use on my face, new to skincare and I have a flakey forehead(very dry) and fine lines at the age of 25!!! Any advice please as my budget isn’t overly free enough to experiment with many different options thanks girls xx

Hello,

I suggest you make an appointment with a dermatologist.  This way you can learn why you skin if flakey and devoping fine lines at such a young age.  

I’m looking for a good powder blush and the charlotte tilbury chic to cheek caught my eye! I use the rare beauty liquid blush in joy and was wondering what would be a good pair with it without looking like a clown! I love putting a ton of blush and I am a tan, medium skin tone so I like more peachy than pink. TYIA!!

Hi there:) I think that is an amazing blush to try! I did some virual color matching and it looks like  Ecstasy - peach pink by Charlotte Tilbury Cheek To Chic Blush would be a great match for you! You can even use a sheer layer of the rare beauty formula first and the lightly layer your blush with a sephora collection blush brush SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #93 🙂

What primer, if any should be used with the new makeup by Mario sculpt and perfector?

Hi @amandaarc ,

Thank you so much for coming here to ask! You would want to prep your skin with skincare and then use a very thin primer. I love to use Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Hydrating Makeup Primer 1 fl oz/ 30 mL  This seams to work really well. I also liek to apply any concealer first then work with the perfector where needed.

I hope that its helpful for you.🌸

I have oily, acne-prone skin. The charlotte tilbury flawless filter broke me out, what’s a similar product that’s safe for my skin?

Hi! I would try the ONE/SIZE by Patrick Starrr Ultimate Blurring Setting Powder it's incredible!!! and if you are looking for a ofundation, I suggest the ONE/SIZE by Patrick Starrr Turn Up the Base Blurring Foundation Medium 1 !!!! Definitely look for your right shade since the tag would only let me choose a shade.

Hope this helped!!!

Amy

~Sephora PRO

Use Cover FX Illuminating Setting Powder, or PÜR Color Correction Crème with SPF.  Both have a subtle glamour, and skin-friendly ingredients!  A little goes a long way.  I apply to the high points of my face at home for online meetings, things like that.

I noticed on facebook today Sephora employees rated 'Show Lash' by LeVaye Cosmetics #1 lash growth serum is this true?

yet I do not see this product on Sephora website? it there truth in the post? thanks

Hello! I'm not sure about the FB post, but I do know that a lash serum I have been using for two years is Grande Cosmetics Jumbo GrandeLASH™ - MD Lash Enhancing Serum .13 oz / 4 mL 

It's AWESOME!!!! My lashes were so short before I was using this and now they are so long!! I love this Lash serum and won't be without it. I keep it next to my toothbrush to remind me to use it at least once a day.

Hope this helped!

Amy

Sephora PRO Artist

I get a lot of blackheads and really easily do you have any suggestions for masks that are good for dry and sensitive skin?

Yes! I also have dry, sensitive skin (in some areas I'm super dry and some areas more oily), and I have very sensitive skin)  and I use Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Clay Mask 2.54 oz/ 75 mL 

I first exfoliate with the SEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Peel Pads 60 Pads , then apply the Goddess clay mask. Leave on for 20 mins, rinse and follow with the rest of your skin care routine.

What also helps to keep my pores clean is using a SEPHORA COLLECTION Cleaning Me Softly Facial Cleansing Brush Black with my cleanser daily.

Hope this helped!

Amy

Sephora PRO Artist

Hello!! I have fine flat hair n I need something to help with volume for my hair ! Any ideas for me?? 

Same @Moochie88 , I have long fine flat hair, this works for me I hope it helps 🙂

1)Shampoo and focus on roots, once a week shampoo twice but really really extra rinse shampoo out of your hair every time you wash. 

2)When conditioning only put it on the lengths. Do not condition hair at the ears or above. And again, rinse well. 

3)Let your hair dry in a microfiber wrap over your head for add long as possible, like 75% dry

Tips: If you blow dry, try not to go above your ears and blow drying upside down can give you body. * fine hair is so fragile, I 100% use heat protectors Olaplex No. 9 Bond Protector Nourishing Hair Serum 3 oz / 90 mL 

**with fine hair less is more when it comes to product. A nickle size for shampoo and a half pump for styling creams etc.. but it is all very personal and you have to find your own balance**

If I want extra body at 95 % dry I'll put it in velcro rollers and let it finish drying for an hour and take then out and get an extra boost of volume. I use Olaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother 3.3 oz/ 100 mL before styling if I'm using rollers or trying to get a certain look to hold. Being careful because fine hair breaks so quickly especially if wet or damp

I hope you find something that works for you

testing