cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Ask a Beauty Expert

Ask a Beauty ExpertAsk a Beauty Expert

If you know your way around the Beauty Insider Community, chances are you’ve seen a few of our Sephora Pro Artists sharing their looks on the Gallery and dropping their beauty routines in some of our favorite challenge threads.  @ElizaPRO@ShawnPRO, and @ProAmy are Makeup Artists with years of industry experience with a bounty of product knowledge to share. These beauty geniuses are subject matter experts and they give life-changing advice on how to build your basket and put your haul to good use!

We've created this thread to allow you all to better connect with our Sephora Pro Artists here in the BIC! This is a place for you to ask them ANYTHING beauty-related. Don't forget to bookmark this thread by clicking the bookmark icon at the top right of this thread. It will come in handy for those moments you wish you had a beauty expert on speed dial for questions like "is it a good idea to layer these skincare products?" or "what's the best brush for my foundation routine?"

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below!

Re: Ask a Beauty Expert

Hi @RobotBike !!

You can double check on what services your local Sephora is offering. Alternatively you can get a paid service from the comfort of your own home with a paid virtual consulation! You can book a service here(scroll down to where it says services): One of our PRO team members will help guide you through a one on one virtual consultation! Check it out! We book in 60min sessions or 90 min sessions!

https://www.sephora.com/happening/home

Hi,

I need some help with my skin care. To be honest I have always worn makeup ,but I haven't taken care of my skin. I am 62! I have red hair and fair skin. The other day I saw my reflection and I wanted to cry. I realize that at my age I may need more than a new moisturizer. Can anyone give me some honest advice,? I have deep wrinkles between my eyes and deep laugh lines around my mouth. I have saggy skin due to losing 80 pounds. I work at a animal adoption center taking care of orphaned cats/kittens

@Rescuewithme  HI there, I'm a Mua . I seen that you had concerns with your  skin. 

You can start with products  with Hyaluronic acid  serum that with help with wrinkles and fine lines.   Personally use high end and low end products. 

1. LOREAL Revitalift Hyaluronic Acid

2. Shani Darden Retinol will help with line lines &Brighten follow up with a moisture once you apply Hyaluronic you have to follow with moisture to bring moisture back to you skin.

Complete rookie here—I was color matched yesterday at a Sephora store. I bought a foundation and now that I’m home it looks a little dark. Is it supposed to match your chest? This was the match and I purchased Armani 5.1 color. 
thanks! 

E42A2103-DEE8-4048-B00D-A4D62014A7FB.png

Spoiler

Armani Luminous silk 5.1 color 

Hi,

Complete rookie here. Not sure if this is the right forum to ask but I was hoping to get recommendation on hair products that help eliminate dry scalp? I have tried a variety but to no avail.

Any insight would be most appreciated!

Hi @Tajszz !

Welcome! Here are some of my personal go to products for dry scalp. I find that they work best with consistency. 

1) Pre wash hair treatment oil Fable & Mane HoliRoots™ Pre-wash Hair Treatment Oil 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 

2) Wash with adwoa beauty Baomint™ Moisturizing Shampoo 

3) Conditon adwoa beauty Baomint™ Deep Conditioning Treatment 16 oz/ 453 g 

4) Use a scalp serum PATTERN by Tracee Ellis Ross Scalp Serum for Dry Hair & Scalp 4 oz/ 118.3 mL 

Hopefully these are some that you havent tried yet<3

Thank you so much!! I will definitely keep you posted on my results.

This is wonderful!

Hi! I am looking for a foundation that is full coverage but not a flat matte finish. I would love a recommendation!!! Thank you so much

Hello Hollymuhl! I have three great recommendations!

First one to check out is #Too Faced Born This Way Foundation (the original, not the matte). This is a fantastic full-coverage foundation! You only need a little to go a long way. It leaves a natural finish and is easy to blend. Press on with a damp sponge for full coverage or buff in with SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Foundation Brush #56 for a medium/build-able coverage.

Next one is the MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation This one is super lightweight feeling and provides a medium-full coverage when building in sheer layers. It gives the most natural finish I have found so far and I use it on set often for my shoots. Great longevity too.

The third recommendation is the Fashion Fair SkinFlex Stick Foundation This gives FULL coverage and still provides a natural finish. It has skin care benefits and works best with a primer for ease in slip and blending. it's STUNNING.

I hope one of these options works well for you and let me know how it goes!

~Amy

Sephora PRO Artist

I am using dermalmd under eye cream to get rid of my under eye circles and it really have amazing results on my skin and I really love the product

Yay!!!! WE are so happy you found a product you love!!! Thanks for letting us know!

~Amy

Sephora PRO Artist

Hi there! I received the juice beauty peel spray and am just curious do you use this on an already cleansed face? And do you moisturizer after?

Thanks!

Hi @briannuhh 

We currently do not carry the peel spray by Juice Beauty at Sephora. I do always recommend moisturizing after you have used a peel to deeply nourish the skin. Please also use an SPF during the day to protect the skin from sun damage. I hope this was helpful for you.

Hi 🙂

Any recommendations for a skincare regimen that includes Differin? I’m looking for morning and nighttime recommendations if possible.

I’m currently using
BeautyBio The Balance pH Balancing Gel Cleanser 6 oz/ 180 mL and Algenist GENIUS Liquid Collagen® Serum (although I’m wondering if this is pointless considering Differin stimulates collagen production) with some Elizabeth Grant day and night cream.

not sure what order I should be using the products in and am open to any new product recommendations! 

Thank you! 🙂

hi ellaugh!

Here's a general understanding of how and when to use your skin care products...

Steps of skincare:

1. Cleanse

2. Exfoliate (scrub or peel-usually once or twice a week) or Mask treatment (also once or twice a week)

3. Serum

4. Eye cream

5. Moisturize/Hydrate

6. Sunscreen

A serum that aids in collagen production is different than a serum that contains collagen. Use the serum that contains collagen during the day and the serum that aids in collagen production at night to work with your skin as it repairs itself while you sleep.

I would need to know more about your skin and personal preferences to recommend any products that would be meaningful to you and your concerns. We do offer Virtual Consultations in the "stores and Services' tab at the top of the webpage. We will get to speak face to face, give you the right recommendations for all of your needs and email them directly to you along with any directions/instructions.

Hope this was helpful!!!

~Amy

Sephora PRO Artist

Looking for skin care for very dry skin that I can wear under makeup. My foundation has been clinging to every dry patch on my face. My face at the end of the day is so dry and tight feeling. I feel like I have tried EVERY THING!!!! 

@linz1826 Have you tried mixing beauty oil into your foundation?  Also it could be your skincare that needs to be reevaluated. Are you using products catered to your skin type?

maybe an essence or hyaluronic acid or hydrating mist? Or maybe you need to change to a different foundation. 

Also just a tip from someone who suffered the same thing-and it turned out to be my water intake. I was dehydrated….so my skin was literally dehydrated…..so didn’t matter what product i tried because it needed to come from inside my body, not the outside! I know that obviously staff is gonna recommend products-as they should! - but just thought from someone who can offer another solution besides new or different products. Maybe a combo of both or all things? Anyway, Good luck! 

Happy New Year!!

Can you advise me how to get my blush evenly applied to cheeks?  I do apply foundation then my powder blush with brush but it always seem blotchy and not evenly applied. Help!

@caniwatchu46 @For me it helps if I apply a translucent powder over my face to set the foundation and then apply the blush. The reason for blotchiness is because the powder blush is clinging onto the foundation which may have not set yet. 

1 Reply
testing