cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Ask a Beauty Expert

Ask a Beauty ExpertAsk a Beauty Expert

If you know your way around the Beauty Insider Community, chances are you’ve seen a few of our Sephora Pro Artists sharing their looks on the Gallery and dropping their beauty routines in some of our favorite challenge threads.  @ElizaPRO@ShawnPRO, and @ProAmy are Makeup Artists with years of industry experience with a bounty of product knowledge to share. These beauty geniuses are subject matter experts and they give life-changing advice on how to build your basket and put your haul to good use!

We've created this thread to allow you all to better connect with our Sephora Pro Artists here in the BIC! This is a place for you to ask them ANYTHING beauty-related. Don't forget to bookmark this thread by clicking the bookmark icon at the top right of this thread. It will come in handy for those moments you wish you had a beauty expert on speed dial for questions like "is it a good idea to layer these skincare products?" or "what's the best brush for my foundation routine?"

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below!

Re: Ask a Beauty Expert

Hi @em131713 ,

Happy New Year!

I recommend ILIA Limitless Lash Lengthening Mascara After Midnight  - this mascara is ophthalmologist-tested, safe for sensitive eyes, and safe for contact lens wearers!

Best,

Shawn

Sephora PRO Artist

Hi! I have very very sensitive skin and eczema, my eyes have the biggest dark circles youll ever see and my eye lids are so dry theyre sore. my doctor prescribed me a cortisone cream for when its extremely dry but Id like to use a daily cream for my eyes that would hydrate and treat my dark circles at the same time. I need suggestions, no fragrances. .... and again... very sensitive skin, please help 🥲

I’ve suffered from extremely dry skin - there isn’t necessarily a single solution product. I’d recommend looking at products for hydration (hyaluronic acid serums) and then an occlusive moisturizer over top (such as LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask with Squalane 2.3 oz/ 70 mL). Moisturizers with ceramides will help rebuild your moisture barrier which is a good starting point (I like Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin ™ Moisturizing Cream). Once the hydration and moisture concerns are addressed, vitamin C is great for brightening skin (I like thOLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Eye Crème 0.5 oz/ 15 mL). Good luck!

I received the Tatcha eye cream and because the packaging is so slippery I cannot open the jar at all.... Suggestions???

@Stageright Hold it with a towel or washcloth. This will allow you to get a better grip. 

I bought sauvage eau de parfum.Is it for men or women?

@cchav Dior Sauvage is marketed as a men’s cologne fragrance.

Hello, Sephora used to carry a lip stain called Dark Berry - 07. It was discontinued. Do you know a similar or exact shade as that? It’s a perfect color for me and any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello! I know that lip product well as I used to use it! I replaced it with the ILIA Balmy Tint Hydrating Lip Balm in "Lady"

It's a similar pigment tone and product texture.

I hope this was helpful!!!

Amy

Sephora PRO Artist

Hi pls what primer and moisturizer can I use to achieve a flawless makeup look? I also need long lasting matte/dewy foundation. Thanks

Hi @vickypumpin ,

Thank you so much for asking for our advice! I always recommend moisturizers and primers that will complement your skin type and will address your skin needs. Also, tools are very important in achieving a flawless makeup look. A good universal moisturizer I recommend is Glow Recipe Plum Plump Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer It's packed with hyaluronic acid and peptides for ultimate hydration and improve the texture and elasticity of the skin, which means your foundation will apply better giving you a flawless finish. A universal face primer I recommend is Fashion Fair Fabulous Face Priming Serum Peach-tinted - this also plumps the skin and will make your make up last all day and night.

I encourage you to book a Virtual Consultation appointment with the PRO Team so we can help you build a routine that is personalized to you - your skin type, skin concerns, and lifestyle. We can also assist to find your perfect foundation!

You can find it here:

https://www.sephora.com/happening/home?type=services

Hope this helps!

Best,

Shawn

Sephora PRO

Hi I would like to know my skintone color exactly..am I a medium to medium tan? And I took a undertone quiz. It says I'm a peach undertone. I have mainly green veing with small bluish purplish vein. So now I'm confused because other sites says I'm neutral. And if I am a medium warm or peach undertone.. what shade should I wear for tarte brand concealer the ceaseless. Thank you

Hello cathySengmyname!

Based on the information you provided, I'd guess you were a neutral undertone. I recommend checking out the  tarte Maracuja Creaseless Undereye Concealer 32N Medium Neutral or the tarte Mini Maracuja Creaseless Undereye Concealer 25N light-medium neutral 

Since I can't see you in person, it's a challenge to give you just one shade. Try each one and let us know if they worked! Also, attaching an unedited photo taken in natural lighting would also be helpful!

Hope this helped!

~Amy

Sephora PRO Artist

@_shookma

@amysuchma_proartist

Hello, so I purchased the Lancôme teint idole foundation stick but it goes on so dry and patchy. Is it just me ? I thought this would be a quick getting ready like in five minutes deal. I tried with the Estée Lauder new primer and the setting spray but it still showed up as patchy and polka dot pores. Please help. Should I exchange it and get the liquid version ?

@Serena72 I LOVE this formula and it totally can be a quick and easy routine. I do like to suggest a really good skin routine and moisturizer.

If you notice any texture at all take a look at what you are currently using for you skin routine. Sometimes an exfoliator is missing. check out Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Universal Daily Peel  and a great mositurizer with spf. Always take a few moments to massage the serums/Moisturizer into the skin. Check out Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 50 Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

With primer i suggest something that is a bit thin in texture like the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Mini Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Primer 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

Then yiu can apply the stick using a mapping technique in the t-zone. You can then pat and blend with fingertips (for the most natural look) Or build flawless quick coverage with a beautyblender beautyblender® pro one pro beautyblender 

Then you can lightly set with a translucent powder in tzone or for a glowing look use your setting spray:)

Hey beauties,

Estee Lauder is discontinuing my favourite foundation - again -, the Double Wear Light.

In a way, this is good for me because I prefer to buy from Cruelty-Free brands, but at the time that I found the Double Wear Light there just wasn't another Cruelty-Free brand that gave me the same coverage or shade. I also love that it's a LIGHT but buildable foundation and never felt cakey.

Would love your advice on which brands I can find the same shade colour (1N2 - ECRU) and buildable coverage in a matte-ish finish, not too cakey. Cruelty-Free is a must.

Hope that's not asking for a lot. lol

Thank you 🙂 

Hi SuperV83!

Based on the information you gave us, I would recommend the MILK MAKEUP Blur Liquid Matte Foundation Light or Golden Light 🙂

It's cruelty free, lightweight in feel, buildable coverage, clean, and matte! That would be my best recommendation as an alternative for your favorite! 

Let me know how it works out for you!

~Amy

Sephora PRO Artist

hey guys  I’m new to the makeup world and would like some advice 

What would you like to start with? We also offer Virtual Consultations! The bookings are available through the Stores and services tab at the top of the website! 🙂 But feel free to ask any questions here!

~Amy

Sephora PRO Artist

I have received the wrong order. Please suggest whom to contact and how can i receive my original order?

hi! 1-877-SEPHORA will help straighten that out for you!