cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Ask a Beauty Expert

Ask a Beauty ExpertAsk a Beauty Expert

If you know your way around the Beauty Insider Community, chances are you’ve seen a few of our Sephora Pro Artists sharing their looks on the Gallery and dropping their beauty routines in some of our favorite challenge threads.  @ElizaPRO@ShawnPRO, and @ProAmy are Makeup Artists with years of industry experience with a bounty of product knowledge to share. These beauty geniuses are subject matter experts and they give life-changing advice on how to build your basket and put your haul to good use!

We've created this thread to allow you all to better connect with our Sephora Pro Artists here in the BIC! This is a place for you to ask them ANYTHING beauty-related. Don't forget to bookmark this thread by clicking the bookmark icon at the top right of this thread. It will come in handy for those moments you wish you had a beauty expert on speed dial for questions like "is it a good idea to layer these skincare products?" or "what's the best brush for my foundation routine?"

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below!

Re: Ask a Beauty Director

Another picture 

20210503_203239.jpg

Looking for a pink based champagne colored eyeshadow with good staying power. Not so crazy about browns/coppery shades. Any suggestions? Thx so much!

Thx so much for your help!

I bought the Banana Bright Eye Crème. I finished a whole pot previously so I felt confident replenishing the item for my routine but I've had terrible reactions to the new pot. I wake up with eye swelling that doesn't go away for a couple of days. I waited a few weeks and tried it again to make sure there's nothing else causing it and had the same reaction. It's been over 60 days now because i bought the new pot before I finished the old pot. I don't know what to do now. It's 40 bucks down the drain. 

Hi there @Ramses08 !

I just wanted to folllow up and see how you are doing with your eye cream! I know you said you were using the Banana Bright! Have you ever tried the SEPHORA COLLECTION Brightening Eye Cream – Hydrate & Depuff 0.67oz/ 20mL  ? This one is also clean and also great for dark circles and packed with Hyaluronic Acid! Plus this brand is sustainable and Clean + planet positive! Check out one of my go to eye creams for only $17!!

Help! I have xanthelasma on my eyelids PLUS I'm 51 and my face looks like a war zone!! Can you suggest primers/concealers for my xanthelasma and a skin/makeup regimen?  Thanks! Kimkim.jpg

@Kimkrys1 

Hi! You look so stunning in your photo! I know it has been quite a long time but I wanted to connect with you and suggest some things to help in your makeup/skin routine. While I personally cant treat Xanthelasma (this can only be done with a Dermatologist), I can suggest some things that will help make makeup look and wear amazing for you! ❤️

Skin:

Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil 6 oz/ 180 mL  This is a great cleanser that won't dry out the skin or make it feel greasy!

#Dermalogica Multi-Active Toner 8.4 oz/ 250 mL  This spray on toner will help with any redness, texture and dryness- Make sure you cleanse and tone consistently AM and PM!

Tatcha The Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder  This is something you can use every other day to help exfolitate your skin! This product will gently exfoliate and make skin feel smooth!

Tatcha The Dewy Serum Resurfacing and Plumping Treatment 1 oz / 30 mL This will plump your skin and help also to make it smooth and hydrated. This you use AM and PM

Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 50 Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  This is your daily anti-aging moisturizer with SPF

Skinfix barrier+ Triple Lipid-Boost 360° Hydrating Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL  apply around your orbital bone am and pm:) You just need the smallest amount!

Makeup

Complexion

Dior Dreamskin Skin Perfector This is going to help keep your makeup on and even out skintone and help with pores! Apply only as your last step- With or without foundation layered over top.

Laura Mercier Eye Basics Primer  in "Wheat" This you apply all over to even out the tone of your eye. You can wear this alone or apply shadow over top.

Dior BACKSTAGE Eyeshadow Palette  This is an all in one. Use the included primer first on the eye lid if needed- Then use a lighter tone under brow bone, medium shade on eye lide and blend into crease. Use the deepest colors as shadow liner!

SEPHORA COLLECTION Complete Makeup Brush Set  This has all that you need for face and eye! 

#Sephora collection daily brush cleaner To clean your tools daily! Just spay and clean with a tissue

Shiseido Synchro Skin Radiant Lifting Foundation  This is a great formula for your skin! This foundation can be applied with finertips then use a brush to perfect an build coverage:)

Hourglass Ambient™ Lighting Edit Universe Face Palette - Universe Unlocked  This has all you need from- a beautiful powder to lightly set your complexion to soft blush and bronzer!

bareMinerals Mineralist Hydra-Smoothing Lipstick  Check out this formula for lips! So many great shades to pick from!

I hope this was helpful for you!

Hello! I struggle with strawberry skin - are there any good (and inexpensive) treatments to get rid of it?

I've had this my whole life, and the two products that have worked best for me (even better than $$$ Rx things) are First Aid Beauty KP Bump Eraser Body Scrub with 10% AHA 8 oz/ 226 g , and REN Clean Skincare AHA Smart Renewal Body Serum 6.8 oz/ 200 mL .

The Ren one is a serum, not a body lotion, so it's designed to be a treatment you use underneath whatever moisturizer or yummy scented body butter you might already prefer.

I have deep wrinkles between my eyes and around my mouth, normal skin and I am a senior,any recommendations with surgery.

Hi there, 

Looking forward to the Spring Savings event! Wondering which sunscreen you’d recommend. I’m torn between COOLA Sun Silk Face Sunscreen Drops with SPF 30 and Hyaluronic Acid 1 oz / 30 mL or Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Thanks!

@stellaellaolla @Both are great. Unseen is great because it applies clear. It is a chemical sunscreen. The 360 drops are versatile because you can mix a little into another moisturizer or use it alone. 

I would like to know how I would go about getting a  missing item from my order. Also, I never got my free samples. 

Hi @cookieb3,

I'm sorry to hear your samples were missing! I will send you a private message to further assist you. If you have any issues with your orders in the future and would like customer support, I recommend posting in our Customer Support Group here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/bd-p/Customer_Support

Always,
Danee

@cookieb3 The best way is to contact customer service

I am an African American woman 59 I have thinning hair due medicine. I’m look for a deep conditioner that will stimulate my follicles . I have a pixie hair cut so I don’t need a ton. What do you suggest?

Hi @Birdy62 ,

For a conditioner, I recommend Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Super Moisture Conditioner for Dry + Damaged Hair 33.8 oz  - it contains Algae Extract that helps to protect the scalp from free-radical damage as it condition and repair your hair. I also recommend Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Tea Tree Scalp Treatment Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL to help stimulate and unclog the hair follicle.

- Shawn

I am looking for a 20% glycolic acid face cream. Suggestions????? Thank you! 

@kimk4388  Hi there!

Thank you so much for your question! I love the ingredient GLYCOLIC ACID!! I have a couple suggestions you may want to check out depending on your current skin care routine:)

Caudalie Vinoperfect Brightening Glycolic Night Cream 1.6 oz/ 50 mL This is a gentle yet effection option for night that is clean + planet positive as well as giving great results with a formula that will help fade dark spots and visibly brighten the skin. Your skin will feel hydrated and plump when you wake up!!

Another option for AM and PM woud be the Kate Somerville ExfoliKate™ Glow Moisturizer with AHA 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  ! This one is another beautiful formula and is great if you want that twice a day benefit. I love the way this one makes my skin glow!! With this cream and really any exfoliating product its vital that you use an SPF during the day. I recommend Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++  this way you also have a great makeup primer as well! 

I hope this helps! ❤️

testing