cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Ask a Beauty Expert

Ask a Beauty ExpertAsk a Beauty Expert

If you know your way around the Beauty Insider Community, chances are you’ve seen a few of our Sephora Pro Artists sharing their looks on the Gallery and dropping their beauty routines in some of our favorite challenge threads.  @ElizaPRO@ShawnPRO, and @ProAmy are Makeup Artists with years of industry experience with a bounty of product knowledge to share. These beauty geniuses are subject matter experts and they give life-changing advice on how to build your basket and put your haul to good use!

We've created this thread to allow you all to better connect with our Sephora Pro Artists here in the BIC! This is a place for you to ask them ANYTHING beauty-related. Don't forget to bookmark this thread by clicking the bookmark icon at the top right of this thread. It will come in handy for those moments you wish you had a beauty expert on speed dial for questions like "is it a good idea to layer these skincare products?" or "what's the best brush for my foundation routine?"

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below!

Re: Ask a Beauty Director

I need to find a new eyeshadow primer. I’ve been using Urban Decays line For years but now it seems to just cake into the creases of my eye lidsMaking everything prominent  and it’s no longer smooth.  I’m 47 

@RhondaMS73 i would recommend trying NARS Pro-Prime™ Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base Original, or Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Amplifying Eye Primer 0.27 oz/ 8 mL. both work really well and may help alleviate the issue.

I’m 43, been using the Fenty Beauty because I agree.. Urban Decay primer has changed and not in a good way. 
the Fenty holds up pretty well. It looks tinted in the tube, but not so much. Little blue veins abound. It’s a bit sticky, even when dry (if that makes sense), and I feel like I’m dragging my brush across the crepier areas- especially under my lower lash line.  
I will finish the tube, but will be looking for a new product. 

Anonymous Insider

We went on a Venezuela vacation. Despite the sunscreen, I have dark spots on the cheeks. The spots I failed to like were uncomfortable guests. I need to let go of the consumer however did now not know-how. A friend introduces me to Dermalmd best dark spot lightener serum and it is been weeks since I applied it. The spots had been absolutely eliminated. Dermalmd Dark Spot lightener is a remarkable product. Works great. I recommend it!

I am currently in Italy. Clinique has a lipstick series marketed here as "Even Better Pop" , whose range of colors are "nudes" keyed to their "Even Better Foundation" shades. Is this line available in The States? Will it be?  I did not recognize any of the color names from those currently available in the US.I am finally able to return to US in mid-July after lockdown  flight cancellations and would prefer to purchase in US, if available.

Thanks, 

Gail

@orangeears i am not familiar with that lip collection from Clinique. we have CLINIQUE Clinique Pop™ Lip Colour + Primer Lipstick 5 Melon PopCLINIQUE Clinique Pop™ Matte Lip Colour + Primer Lipstick 01 Blushing Pop, and CLINIQUE Pop Splash™ Lip Gloss 08 Tenderheartin their 'POP" collection here. often brands will have entirely different products for different countries and they may never spread those collections to other places. i havent heard any word of a Pop collection from the even better foundations coming here .

Just for fun, log onto Clinique.it

and check out the available colors. Perhaps some of the same colors are available at shephora, usa under different names. Let me know what you find...I'm curious!

Hello, I'm looking to buy a new perfume. I have been wearing light blue for years and want something new but similar any suggestions?

@julieann77  you may like these .... Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Under the Lemon Trees 3.4oz/ 100mLVersace Bright Crystal Eau de Toilette 3 oz/ 90 mL, JO MALONE LONDON - Orange Blossom Cologne... all very beautiful fresh scents.

I am in 50s light brown med length hair dark blue eyes pink toned winter, freckles light color summer, age spots, pores, overweight, dry. What is best for me? Like what lipstick or gloss, eye color, or hair stuff?

@lindaperry ok well i can help with the things you mentioned. so for skincare start with Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser 6.75 ozthis is a great exfoliating cleanser that will remove the dead skin on top and reveal younger fresher skin. Dr. Brandt Skincare Dark Spots No More® Triple Acid Spot Minimizing Concentrate 0.5 oz/ 15 mLis a great serum to help combat dark spots. try using The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL next to start giving your skin a boost of hydration and follow it with a great moisturizer like FRESH - Lotus Anti- Aging Daily Moisturizer this is a fantatsic anti aging moisturizer that can help revive your skin. as for makeup for blue eyes its always good to use warm tones to make the blue eyes pop. so try SEPHORA COLLECTION - Eye Love Eyeshadow Palettein 'Light Warm" to bring out your blue!! 

Hi I am looking for a good product to reduce pores and get rid of dark circles and puffy under eyes

The Paula's Choice 2% BHA treatment works great for getti...

The Paula's Choice 2% BHA treatment works great for getting smaller pores, and the new eye cream from First Aid Beauty is great for getting rid of darkness under the eye temporarily with its slight tint and over time with niacinamide.

@360Skin hello! so for the pores try SATURDAY SKIN - Pore Clarifying Toner 10% Glycolic Acid + Pore Control Complexthis is great for helping to relive congestion in pores and minimize appearance . for the under eyes try FRESH - Black Tea Firming and De-Puffing Eye Creamthis is a powerhouse under eye cream that helps with puffiness as well as general signs of aging and circles. 

Hi. It took years to find and I loved loved using Kate Somerville Daily Detox cleanser but they discontinued it. I tried other Kate cleansers  but they do not work. I have emotional On and off acne skin but im

45 do I have wrinkles and aging. Please help. Any cleaners for me? Thank you

@ftrr  there won't be anything exactly the same , but sometimes a change can help out in ways we never expected. here are some options to try and see if you like. Mario Badescu Acne Facial Cleanser 6 oz/ 177 mL, a gel based cleanser that gently but effectively targets breakouts. The INKEY List Salicylic Acid Acne + Blackhead Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mLa simple to the point cleanser that is also effective yet remains gentle on the skin. 

Hello ! I'm in my 20s and have acne prone, combination skin, more blemishes and pimples, mostly around my cheeks and forehead. For my skin routine I use FIRST AID BEAUTY - Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser With Red Clay, CLINIQUE - Acne Solutions™ Clinical Clearing Gel, and TATCHA - The Water Cream. What would be a toner that I can use and will work with these products? I stopped using toners because they usually make me break out but I would really like to have one to use at least before applying makeup. Also, when I travel to Dominican Republic my skin gets more irritated, I was told I should use more water based product when I go, should I switch any of these products when I travel over there? 

@qice it looks like you have some good products there. for a toner try out YOUTH TO THE PEOPLE - Kombucha + 11% AHA Exfoliation Power Toner, i suggest this becuase im not seeing any exfoliating products in your routine and it is essential to exfoliate if you want clean clear skin. this toner is great for removing those dead skin cells which can cause congestion and breakouts, plus it reveals smoother skin which allows for better makeup application. i would also suggest maybe having a hydrating spray as well. lightwieght hydration mists are great for allowing the skin to feel moisturized and soothed and can sometimes lead to less over production of oils. try out Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL a spritz here and there may help out a bit.

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I will give these a try ! 

Hello! I cannot seem to find a good product to help 1) get rid of my dark under eye circles 2) conceal them. Any suggestions?

The new First Aid Beauty niacinamide eye cream works great!

The new First Aid Beauty niacinamide eye cream works great!
1,173 Replies
testing