cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Ask a Beauty Expert

Ask a Beauty ExpertAsk a Beauty Expert

If you know your way around the Beauty Insider Community, chances are you’ve seen a few of our Sephora Pro Artists sharing their looks on the Gallery and dropping their beauty routines in some of our favorite challenge threads.  @ElizaPRO@ShawnPRO, and @ProAmy are Makeup Artists with years of industry experience with a bounty of product knowledge to share. These beauty geniuses are subject matter experts and they give life-changing advice on how to build your basket and put your haul to good use!

We've created this thread to allow you all to better connect with our Sephora Pro Artists here in the BIC! This is a place for you to ask them ANYTHING beauty-related. Don't forget to bookmark this thread by clicking the bookmark icon at the top right of this thread. It will come in handy for those moments you wish you had a beauty expert on speed dial for questions like "is it a good idea to layer these skincare products?" or "what's the best brush for my foundation routine?"

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below!

Re: Ask a Beauty Director

Hey babes! I have super dry skin and what I usually do is get a moisturizer that is best hydrating for my face or I used facial oil! I let that sit for a bit and put a primer on. Your face will feel upper moisturized and smooth. 
For red undertones you have to look for foundations that have yellow olive tones if you want it to get cancelled out. If you have red undertones in certain spots use a green-yellow colour corrector! Hope this helps

Hi it’s sounds like you definitely have to moisturize your skin right before primer and makeup. And start a night skin regimen. Start with a mask two times a week. And every night try the L’Oréal revitalift cream. Every night. It will work wonders. If you can’t that, buy some facial oil and apply at night or try Sunday Riley products at night. So in the am, when you wash your face it will have retained some moisture the night before you apply foundation. God luck ❤️

Hi @khq1784 ,

I recommend checking out Too Faced Born This Way Foundation - It's a long-wearig foundation with medium buildable coverage and with a natural finish! This will be good for you because of the coconut water and hyaluronic acid in the ingredients which is hydrating for dry skin types. I recommend using lotion-like primers such as  Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer - Hydrating 1.7 oz/ 50 mL for  seamless blend.

- Shawn

I ordered from Sephora on Friday, chose morphe foundation and Dior mascara for my samples and only received morphe and this daily greens moisturizer? I would’ve much preferred the Dior over the moisturizer. This isn’t the first time this has happened. Sometimes my orders don’t come with any samples at all that I picked 😕 this really sucks and is lowkey discouraging from ordering lol

@itsholliee It does say when you pick the samples that substitutions may occur. If you don’t get any samples contact customer service 

I received my Sunday Riley retinol product in the mail today, and the package (including the actual product) was very hot to the touch. It’s 100°F weather today, so I’m assuming the fed ex truck it was delivered on was not temperature controlled. My question is whether the excessive and prolonged heat has damaged the retinol? And if so, can I exchange it for a product from in-store? 

@kara726 @I would call customer service 

Made an online purchase and chose a sample of Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi Eau de Toilette

but they gave me a sample packet of cream. I was hoping to use this product for the weekend to see if I like it. Do they not give sample viles at the store if I request one? 

@gonzaker You can call your store and ask.

Hi, I ordered over $50 of products by 6/7 to get the 500 extra beauty insider points, but my account was not credited the points! Can you help with this?

Thank you!

Hi @CeeCee0522,

I will send you a private message. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@CeeCee0522 Call customer service

Best Retinal body moisturizers?

Hi @DeeTourBeauty ,

I recommend Josie Maran Whipped Argan Pro-Retinol Body Butter 8.0 oz/ 240 mL  - this one is infused with pro-retinol Dunaliella Salina (Pink Algae) Extract which is gentle yet powerful form of retinol to address lines and wrinkles. It's also very hydrating and moisturizing!

Shawn

Best AHA body moisturizers for cellulite and crepiness?

This is right up my alley! ha ha! I am OBSESSED with body products. Firming body oils like the Contour Body Treatment Oil from Clarins is incredible for textured and dry skin. I use it while my skin is still wet from the shower, massage it in then dry off. I then add an extra hydration with Caudalie Vinosculpt Lift and Firm Body Cream Within two weeks, you'll see a significant difference when used after every shower/bath. Don't forget to exfoliate, too! I use the Resurface + Glycolic and Lactic Acid Renewing Body Scrub by Skinfix. Incredible.All of your firming body products will work better if you exfoliate 1-2x/week. Enjoy! Amy Sephora PRO Arti

Hi @DeeTourBeauty ,

I have two recommendations - one is by Skinfix Resurface+ AHA Renewing Body Cream - it has AHA and BHA exfoliant to reveal a smoother skin while it moisturizes and heals. Another one is by Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow AHA Pink Dream Body Cream 8.4 oz / 240 mL - this one is lightweight and helps to exfoliate and hydrate the skin.

- Shawn

@MyieshaBD I just received my charlotte Tilbury flawless foundation in the mail today. It seems too orange. What do I do?

What would be the best brand and shade of bronzer for someone with very pale, dry mature skin?

I love the Bobbi brown in light or medium .. definitely buildable.. with exploring !

Hi. I got the Qhemet Biologics Aethiopika Hair Butter in the mail today and it was dry. When I touched it it cracked. I have never tried this product before but I am pretty sure it is not supposed to look like this. How can I get a replacement or a refund/credit?

20210503_203318.jpg

testing