cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Ask a Beauty Director

BeautyDirector AMA.png

If you follow Sephora on social media, you've probably seen our Beauty Directors dropping beauty knowledge left and right, interviewing brands, and even dropping into the BIC on occasion! We have two Beauty Directors, @DavidBD and @MyieshaBD, who are Makeup Artists with years of industry experience. These beauty geniuses are subject matter experts and they give life-changing beauty advice!

We are creating this thread to allow you all to connect with our Beauty Directors here in the BIC! This is a place for you to ask them ANYTHING beauty-related. Don't forget to bookmark this thread by clicking the bookmark icon at the top right of this thread. It will come in handy for those moments you wish you had a beauty expert on speed dial for questions like "is it a good idea to layer these skincare products?" or "what's the best brush for my foundation routine?"

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below!

Re: Ask a Beauty Director

Hello! I struggle with strawberry skin - are there any good (and inexpensive) treatments to get rid of it?

I've had this my whole life, and the two products that have worked best for me (even better than $$$ Rx things) are First Aid Beauty KP Bump Eraser Body Scrub with 10% AHA 8 oz/ 226 g , and REN Clean Skincare AHA Smart Renewal Body Serum 6.8 oz/ 200 mL .

The Ren one is a serum, not a body lotion, so it's designed to be a treatment you use underneath whatever moisturizer or yummy scented body butter you might already prefer.

I have deep wrinkles between my eyes and around my mouth, normal skin and I am a senior,any recommendations with surgery.

Hi there, 

Looking forward to the Spring Savings event! Wondering which sunscreen you’d recommend. I’m torn between COOLA Full Spectrum 360° Sun Silk Drops Organic Sunscreen SPF 30 1 oz/ 30 mL or Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 PA+++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Thanks!

@stellaellaolla @Both are great. Unseen is great because it applies clear. It is a chemical sunscreen. The 360 drops are versatile because you can mix a little into another moisturizer or use it alone. 

I would like to know how I would go about getting a  missing item from my order. Also, I never got my free samples. 

Hi @cookieb3,

I'm sorry to hear your samples were missing! I will send you a private message to further assist you. If you have any issues with your orders in the future and would like customer support, I recommend posting in our Customer Support Group here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/bd-p/Customer_Support

Always,
Danee

@cookieb3 The best way is to contact customer service

I am an African American woman 59 I have thinning hair due medicine. I’m look for a deep conditioner that will stimulate my follicles . I have a pixie hair cut so I don’t need a ton. What do you suggest?

I am looking for a 20% glycolic acid face cream. Suggestions????? Thank you! 

I have deep wrinkles around my lips going into my cheeks from having dental work. I’ve tried so many wrinkle products and it’s been a waste of money can you assist me please?

Hi I need the correct shade of Huda Beauty faux filter foundation. My current shade in Estee Lauder double wear is 1n2 ecru.

Thank you in advance!

50+ woman with dry skin, lines around mouth and mask acne. Looking for moisturizer and/or mask. 

Hello, I am looing for a new foundation, Med to Full coverage, dewy natural look. I was using Philosophy Miracle Worker Shade 6. They no longer make this and I am not sure what would be comparable. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Steph

I received my products in my shipment, but I didn't receive any of my free samples. They aren't on my packing slip but they say they were shipped with my order. 

Hey how come whenever I order online I never ever receive my free samples ?!?

@123helloitsme I'm sorry to hear that! I will send you a PM for more information. 

Hello I keep having issues on staying with a primer and foundation . My face gets oily by the end of the day and my face doesn’t look smooth and you can see my pores what do you recommend? I use full coverage . 

Hello, I love the Huda Beauty matte liquid lipstick. I use the trophy wife colour. But I have another one by Anastasia in "spice" which is my favourite colour. I tried to order the Huda in "spice girls" thinking it would be similar to the anastasia lipstick, but it was way too dark. I would like help finding the Huda beauty liquid matte close in colour to spice in the Anastasia line.