cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Ask a Beauty Expert

Ask a Beauty ExpertAsk a Beauty Expert

If you know your way around the Beauty Insider Community, chances are you’ve seen a few of our Sephora Pro Artists sharing their looks on the Gallery and dropping their beauty routines in some of our favorite challenge threads.  @ElizaPRO@ShawnPRO, and @ProAmy are Makeup Artists with years of industry experience with a bounty of product knowledge to share. These beauty geniuses are subject matter experts and they give life-changing advice on how to build your basket and put your haul to good use!

We've created this thread to allow you all to better connect with our Sephora Pro Artists here in the BIC! This is a place for you to ask them ANYTHING beauty-related. Don't forget to bookmark this thread by clicking the bookmark icon at the top right of this thread. It will come in handy for those moments you wish you had a beauty expert on speed dial for questions like "is it a good idea to layer these skincare products?" or "what's the best brush for my foundation routine?"

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below!

Re: Ask a Beauty Director

Thank you for your response! Do you know what percentage of Glycolic acid they contain? I bought the Kate Somerville and love it! I want to try the Caudalie too! 

@kimk4388  I found out for you! In the Caudalie Vinoperfect Night Cream they use less than 4%! 🙂 I will see if i can find out about the Kate for you:)

@kimk4388  I'm so happy you are loving it!! As far as % on the caudalie I will have to do a bit of research and get back to you on this thread! 🙂

@ElizaPRO @kimk4388 I’ve been using rhe Caudalie Vinoperfect Brightening Glycolic Night Cream 1.6 oz/ 50 mL for over a year and  it really does noticeably brighten! I had a lot of dullness and dark spots from faded acne and they’re gone. I use the Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Dark Spot Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL too,  but I don’t believe that has glycolic acid in it. My only word of advice is that if you have dry skin, you may want to layer another moisturizer on top. The night cream isn’t ultra moisturizing (for my skin in the fall/winter at least)

@cianni  Thank you so much! 💞

I have deep wrinkles around my lips going into my cheeks from having dental work. I’ve tried so many wrinkle products and it’s been a waste of money can you assist me please?

Hello! for lines around my lips, I use the Grande Cosmetics GrandeLIPS Hydrating Lip Plumper Gloss on my lips and around the edges. after five mines, I wipe it off, add a bit of concealer around my lip line and then continue with my lip color. Sometimes I'll also use eye patches on the nasal labial fold (deep lines around mouth "smile lines") to soften the appearance of deeper lines. Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask  Helps me so much!!!

~ Amy

Sephora PRO Artist

Hi I need the correct shade of Huda Beauty faux filter foundation. My current shade in Estee Lauder double wear is 1n2 ecru.

Thank you in advance!

@Katiek924  Hi there,

I did a little investigation in the shades. I was able to look intot the color you were wearing and match it to the HUDA BEAUTY #FauxFilter Luminous Matte Foundation  in  220N Custard - light with neutral undertone 🙂

I hope this is helpful for you! ❤️

50+ woman with dry skin, lines around mouth and mask acne. Looking for moisturizer and/or mask. 

Hello! There's a lovely plumping and smoothing effect when layering the Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Clay Mask 2.54 oz/ 75 mL over a face oil like the Sunday Riley Juno Antioxidant + Superfood Face Oil 

Begin with a few drops of the oil, massage them in your hands to warm them up and press the oil into the skin then smooth. Add the mask over it and let sit for 20 mins. The mask will not harden nor dry out your skin. the result is amazing!!! Follow with the rest of your skin care routine! Do this 1-2x/week

~ Amy

Sephora PRO Artist

Hello, I am looing for a new foundation, Med to Full coverage, dewy natural look. I was using Philosophy Miracle Worker Shade 6. They no longer make this and I am not sure what would be comparable. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Steph

Hi @SLS333 ,

I looked up the benefits of your preferred foundation and from that, I have a couple of recommendations for you to check out;

IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream Oil-Free Matte with SPF 40 - this is a medium to full coverage foundation that has SPF 40. It contains Collagen to supports visible elasticity for a youthful, smooth appearance and peptides to help support natural collagen for smoother, firmer-looking skin.

Shiseido Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing Foundation - what I love about this is the ActiveForce™ Technology that protects the finish from the effects of sweat, oil, and facial movement. It also has SPF 30. A little advanced than your previous foundation but I believe you'll like this! 😊

Best,

Shawn

Sephora PRO Artist

I received my products in my shipment, but I didn't receive any of my free samples. They aren't on my packing slip but they say they were shipped with my order. 

Hey how come whenever I order online I never ever receive my free samples ?!?

@123helloitsme I'm sorry to hear that! I will send you a PM for more information. 

Hello I keep having issues on staying with a primer and foundation . My face gets oily by the end of the day and my face doesn’t look smooth and you can see my pores what do you recommend? I use full coverage . 

Hi @Jaylova ,

I know all about your concerns as I have them too!

If you haven't, I recommend Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Mattifying Primer 1 oz/ 30mL - this one helps to control oil as it makes your make up last all day. It's oil-free and made with Blue Agave Extract and blurring powder that helps foundation to blend better and stay fresh all day without caking. The secret to primer is "less is more" and concentrate application on areas where you need it.

I also recommend pairing it with Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Liquid Foundation 410 it has a soft matte finish and full coverage. It's pore-diffusing and has climate-adaptive technology that’s resistant to sweat and humidity! (Please note that this link will lead you to a specific shade as it only seems to populate by shade, so please ignore.)

Additionally, I recommend SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Foundation Brush #55 and use this in a buffing (circular) application to help provide an airbrushed, pore-less look!

Hope this helps!

Shawn

Sephora PRO Artist

Hello, I love the Huda Beauty matte liquid lipstick. I use the trophy wife colour. But I have another one by Anastasia in "spice" which is my favourite colour. I tried to order the Huda in "spice girls" thinking it would be similar to the anastasia lipstick, but it was way too dark. I would like help finding the Huda beauty liquid matte close in colour to spice in the Anastasia line. 

Hi @DesireeLawson ,

After close comparison, the HUDA BEAUTY Liquid Matte Lipstick Girlfriend would be the closest to Spice from Anastasia - it is both described as apricot and if you look at swatches, they appear to be really similar!

Best,

Shawn

Sephora PRO Artist

I have a question about microcurrent devices. The Nuface mini or the 7E MyoLife Mini? What kind of benefit should I expect to see from microcurrent treatments? 

1 Reply
testing