cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Ask a Beauty Expert

Ask a Beauty ExpertAsk a Beauty Expert

If you know your way around the Beauty Insider Community, chances are you’ve seen a few of our Sephora Pro Artists sharing their looks on the Gallery and dropping their beauty routines in some of our favorite challenge threads.  @ElizaPRO@ShawnPRO, and @ProAmy are Makeup Artists with years of industry experience with a bounty of product knowledge to share. These beauty geniuses are subject matter experts and they give life-changing advice on how to build your basket and put your haul to good use!

We've created this thread to allow you all to better connect with our Sephora Pro Artists here in the BIC! This is a place for you to ask them ANYTHING beauty-related. Don't forget to bookmark this thread by clicking the bookmark icon at the top right of this thread. It will come in handy for those moments you wish you had a beauty expert on speed dial for questions like "is it a good idea to layer these skincare products?" or "what's the best brush for my foundation routine?"

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below!

Re: Ask a Beauty Director

Hello! I purchased the NuFACE Mini Facial Toning Device Original three months ago and I love it! I used it every day for the first month and began to notice a firming and smoothing effect on my skin around week two. After I achieved my desired result, I went down to every other day or a few times a week. The device WORKS! The key to great results is to be consistent.

Other results:

even skin tone

softer texture

tightened skin

I also recommend using a peel once a week like Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta™ Advanced Liquid Peel 2 x 1 oz/ 30 mL  and a sunscreen like Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL to maintain results!

~ Amy

Sephora PRO Artist

IT cc+ liquid veil discontinued. I love it and need something comparable. Not IT necessarily and brand with same look and consistency. Maybe Dior with the cushion?  Help!!

Hi @karly01 ,

Yes - Dior Dreamskin Fresh & Perfect Face Cushion SPF 50 is such a good choice. I also recommend looking into AMOREPACIFIC Color Control Cushion Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ 104 Light/Medium Pink This also has similar properties as your previous one!

Best,

Shawn

Sephora PRO Artist

Hi! I’m 35 years old and I’m getting dark spots on my face. What can I use to get rid of them?😳

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Oh I hear you. There are a few avenues you can explore:

1. Exfoliate with a peel. Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta™ Advanced Liquid Peel 2 x 1 oz/ 30 mL

This step will ensure your skin is fresh and ready to take in the rest of your skin care more efficiently (1-2x/week after you cleanse your skin)

2. Serum treatment Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Clinical Grade IPL Dark Spot Correcting Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL  (daily)

This serum (and any dark spot/brightening serum) will help to heal any damaged skin cells to release the dark spot that formed

3. Sunscreen Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 2.5 oz/ 73.9 mL (daily)

This will help to protect your investment and keep further hyperpigmentation from surfacing

Hope this helped!

~ Amy

Sephora PRO Artist

I have locs and I would like to highlight them rose gold or copper color how would I do this 

16126212890384949794948508464086.jpg

 what would cover up my xanthalasma?

@tlnitcher  I would use a highly pigmented concealer such as KEVYN AUCOIN The Sensual Skin Enhancer Concealer a shade or two darker than your eyelid shade.  Then set that by tapping over the concealer with a powder in your skin tone.  

I have heard wonderful things about Dior Lip Glow. Do you agree or is there another lip balm you prefer?  I know the colours are sheer but I am still not sure how they will show up on me. I have an olive yellow undertone. I would say I am warm based. If you could suggest some colours thanks.  

Hello! Based on the information you provided, I'd recommend the Dior Dior Addict Lip Glow in Berry, Rose Gold, Cherry and Mahogany! They are sheer but will beautifully compliment your natural beauty!

~ Amy

Sephora PRO Artist

hello I received a product from The Ordinary and it didn’t come with a protective seal or any type of sticker on the box. Just the bottle in the box.  It also has some liquid around the rim like it’s been opened before. Can you tell me if it’s normal for the ordinary products to come without a seal?

E640B12E-EC29-427C-ACDD-FF2EDE7C20CC.jpeg

I did not receive my free samples.....

Hi @Donnasings,

I'm sorry your samples were missing. I will send you a PM.

Always,
Danee

I received my toner by the Ordinary and I can’t open the cap for the life of me 😞 

I was so excited to included in my night routine but the cap won’t budge and I’m frustrated

Hi hotcatlady88,

Try running the cap under hot water from the faucet. Maybe some product dried on the thread closure? Also another suggestion is trying to use one of those rubber things that are used to apply extra grip to open a jar. Or you can use both! Just be careful not to use too much pressure, as you might break the bottle and/ injure yourself. 

Unfortunately, if all else fails, exchanging the bottle for a new, "un-stuck" one might be your option. 

Hi @hotcatlady88,

I'm sorry to hear that! I'll send you a PM to further assist you.

Always,
Danee

I received 3 pkgs today of the farsali set, I only opened one but one of the bottles literally had nothing in it. I had to wipe off the dropper in order to get anything and there wasn't much of anything on it either.

@tracey09 I will send you a PM to help. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Hi, I just received my package today of the Farmacy Moisturizer and another sunscreen and the moisturizer came broken 😞 i’m so upset. fortunately, the sunscreen is fine but is there anything I can do in order to get a new moisturizer? Thank you so much 🙂

If there's a Sephora near you bring it in and exchange it for a new one. 

Hello! I have some peeling around my mouth from using Retin-A. I'm looking for a moisturizer that would hydrate my skin to help combat the peeling, but not irritate it or cause breakouts. Any suggestions? I do prefer to use brands that are cruelty-free. Thank you!

1 Reply
testing