cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Ask a Beauty Expert

Ask a Beauty ExpertAsk a Beauty Expert

If you know your way around the Beauty Insider Community, chances are you’ve seen a few of our Sephora Pro Artists sharing their looks on the Gallery and dropping their beauty routines in some of our favorite challenge threads.  @ElizaPRO@ShawnPRO, and @ProAmy are Makeup Artists with years of industry experience with a bounty of product knowledge to share. These beauty geniuses are subject matter experts and they give life-changing advice on how to build your basket and put your haul to good use!

We've created this thread to allow you all to better connect with our Sephora Pro Artists here in the BIC! This is a place for you to ask them ANYTHING beauty-related. Don't forget to bookmark this thread by clicking the bookmark icon at the top right of this thread. It will come in handy for those moments you wish you had a beauty expert on speed dial for questions like "is it a good idea to layer these skincare products?" or "what's the best brush for my foundation routine?"

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below!

Re: Ask a Beauty Director

Hello! I know sometimes peeling is the beginning process with a prescription Retin-A. I'd stay away from heavy creams and if you really want some hydration, I'd use the The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Hydrating Serum to help. It absorbs really quickly and will give you skin some hydration without tampering with the results of the Retin-A.

Disclaimer: consult with your physician before using it to be sure it is compatible with what you are currently using and won't hinder the efficacy of the Retin-A.

~ Amy

Sephora PRO Artist

I bought the Huda Demi Gloss for Christmas and I’m not loving the color. Do you suggest putting a gloss overlap on to change up the look?

@TeamBIC #HUDA BEAUTY Liquid Matte Lipstick Gamechanger @@Sephora 

Anonymous Insider

The skin around my lips is so dry.  I have frown lines there as well which look worse with the dryness.  What is a good moisturizer for this area and the whole face?

Please try cerave cream and put Vaseline over extra dry areas

@Anonymous   First your username is awesome!!   Second I would reccomend Skinfix Barrier+ Lip Repair Balm 0.42 oz/ 12 g and Skinfix Dermatitis Face Balm for compromised skin barriers.  

I just received my order and didn’t get the free samples I ordered. Very disappointed. Don’t offer them and allow us to add them to our orders if your not going to send them.

@jmvd You should post in the customer service thread or call them. Most samples I choose are not the ones I selected so I don't care anymore if they come included or not. Some samples I even have to throw away! 

If you can and they're unopened, @LuxFlora, don't throw them out, but gather them and donate to a shelter or care facility in your area.

@haleyvvvv That's a great idea. Thanks for that suggestion. My sephora order came in today and all the samples were the ones I picked so I am excited to try what I wanted. 😄

This is the 3rd time in the last month I’ve ordered from Sephora and I have not received the samples they promised. Now I get that they may run out..... but don’t offer If you don’t have them. Truly disappointed 

@sjeantown I'm sorry to hear that! I will send you a PM to help. 

I didn’t get my free samples either. Sephora is not what it used to be. I got some points when called. Well, I didn’t want the points, I wanted a product. Especially that in emails, even the one I got after the package arrived, they listed missing items. I noticed decrease of quality in customer service at the stores as well (before the pandemic). Sephora is not that much different than Ulta, and I used to think that they were better.

I didn’t get my free samples in my $146 order yesterday ...?

@Jtims Did you call customer service?

Anonymous Insider

Hi. In ordered the Sephora brow builder. There were no instructions with it. 

I am assuming I am to put it on clean dry brow area at night? Is the grey color

going to stay on my skin, or dissipate?

Thank you,

Lori M.

Stillwater, MN

I have health problems and because of that my eyebrows are very sparse. What can I use on them to darken and look natural at the same time. My hair color is light-medium brown.

@shoemavin  

Hi there!

I hope this finds you well! I totally understand wanting to find something that works for very sparce brows. If you can manage to draw quick hair-like strokes with light pressure then please try the HUDA BEAUTY #BombBrows Microshade Brow Pencil in Neutral Blonde! I think this shade is great for a light-medium brown hair color that will appear natural and not too warm.

Hello 

I would like to learn more about the Kate Sommerville serum/moisturizer? 

thank you

My order was delivered incomplete  How do I resolve this and receive the missing product?

@desiregrace Try contacting customer service. 

1 Reply
testing