Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Add a section on website notifying products / brands that Sephora is going to stop carrying.

I think that Sephora.com should have a section added to the home page to list products and / or brands that they are discontinuing or are phasing out.  The section could be called "Curtain Call" or "Last Chance" or something to that effect.  I know that I was very disappointed when I went to order my Cargo brand foundation and found out that Sephora was no longer carrying Cargo brand.  It would be great if there was a section on the website warning of products that are being done away with either by Sephora or by the manufacturer of the brand.  Both the Smashbox and Urban Decay websites have a section like this, which I've found very helpful.  Does anybody else think this would be a good idea?

Smiley Happy

Re: Add a section on website notifying products / brands that Sephora is going to stop carrying.

That's a great idea -- Benefit does this, too, with their "Buh-Byes" section. There have been so many lines that have been discontinued (or, more accurately, whose contracts have ended) at Sephora over the years -- the Chanel cosmetics, Bourjois, Vincent Longo, Cargo, Laura Geller, etc. -- and, frequently, the prices are slashed as the products are being discontinued (I picked up a Vincent Longo Water Canvas foundation for about $8, when it's normally $57.00 (!!) but I happened upon it randomly at the store). Perhaps Sephora doesn't want to advertise the departure of a certain line, but it would be helpful to know ahead of time and to be able to browse the products (separately from a "SALE" section). 🙂

Re: Add a section on website notifying products / brands that Sephora is going to stop carrying.

Great idea!  If I had known that Sephora was discontinuing there "Tricks of the Trade" eyeliner last I would have stocked up.  I use to use it to set my eyebrow color, I found it on e-bay but they were asking way to much. Same thing happened with Cargo and Laura Geller, by the time I found out they were no longer carrying the lines everything was gone.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing