Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora

#ttfn

Hi everyone,

It is with great ambivalence that I report I’m leaving Sephora. I’m moving with my family to Australia. I am excited for the opportunity (my husband got a cool job), but saddened that I will not see you virtually on an ongoing basis.

Sephora has been an unexpected, deeply satisfying place to work. I am so proud of the Beauty Insider Community and cannot wait to see how it grows. I am sincerely impressed by the joyous, uncynical and passionate way you relate about beauty. You taught me: Beauty is universal. It unites. It cuts across. Because of our mutual love for all things beauty (and unicorns), the Sephora BIC truly is this is the nicest place on the internet.

I have many wonderful memories of serving as Sephora’s Chief Community Officer for the last two years, and most of them can be expressed in images. Below please find a selection of my high points, one notable one was our launch party in LA last summer when I got to meet @michelleshops @malday, @jemly, @TopazBeth, @Gwenhwyfar, @ZombieMetroAnt, @angel7495 in person, to name a few. Also many thanks to @veronika23 and those who I didn’t meet in person but spoke to on the phone. Y’all are as lovely IRL as you are online! Interacting with all of you will be my fondest memory of all.

All y'all gorgeous community members. I loved meeting you!All y'all gorgeous community members. I loved meeting you!@brendabt made us plants with the "dry skin" icon@brendabt made us plants with the "dry skin" iconThis power packed Sephora digital team worked so hard on CommunityThis power packed Sephora digital team worked so hard on CommunityI go berzerk for the Warriors with my makeupI go berzerk for the Warriors with my makeupThe team previewed FENTY Stunna and was the first image on the product page!The team previewed FENTY Stunna and was the first image on the product page!The Dream Team at BeautyCon last summerThe Dream Team at BeautyCon last summerWhat our desks actually look like: a mess!What our desks actually look like: a mess!@Alexabt makes her Sephora BIC debut with a wild lip post@Alexabt makes her Sephora BIC debut with a wild lip postI got to hang out with @michelleshops at our March 5th Ave eventI got to hang out with @michelleshops at our March 5th Ave eventAfter 18 months, @katiebt finally teaches this old dog how to "smize"After 18 months, @katiebt finally teaches this old dog how to "smize"

A highlight has been getting to know and admire Sephora execs like Bindu Shah and Calvin MacDonaldA highlight has been getting to know and admire Sephora execs like Bindu Shah and Calvin MacDonald

You are in the outstanding hands of @AlexaBT and @KatieBT.

I am sending love and llamas your way as I depart for my new adventure!

@ShiraBT

P.S. The Sephora BIC is made up of Conversations, Groups, Chat, Reviews and Gallery. How many of these do you visit/participate in regularly? Please challenge yourselves to branch out into all forms of community.

Re: #ttfn

You have been such a great asset to the Sephora community! You will truly be missed! @ShiraBT

@ShiraBT Thank you for all your hard work and good luck with your move!!!! 

I’m sorry to hear you are leaving Sephora but please do come back and chat with us on the forum because we are going to miss you dearly @ShiraBT! Thank you for all of your hard work and wisdom you have bestowed upon the community. Much luck in Australia ❤️❤️❤️❤️

RE: #ttfn

The fabulous @DinaPRO created a going away look for me and I LOVE IT!

Re: RE: #ttfn

Such a gorgeous look! 

You look really beautiful, @ShiraBT!

I LOVE these colours!!! You look so beautiful @ShiraBT!! The purple eyeshadow is so eye catching 😍💕💜 @DinaPRO did a lovely job! 

@ShiraBT wishing you the best of luck on your next big adventure! In addition to llamas, mermaids, and unicorns, perhaps we should also adopt BIC kangaroos in honor of our members Down Under? Don't be a stranger on here Shira, it'll be fun to see your perspective as someone who's been on both sides of the screen, as it were.

@LCResz While I am supportive of the kangaroo adoption, I'd like to put in a bid for koala adoption into the BIC fam. Fluffy like the softest Shiseido cotton (vaguely shaped like a beauty blender (see example below)), eucalyptus-scented, energy level that I share after a long week of work, a true appreciation of the value of beauty sleep, and just the gosh-darn cutest. IMG_5594.jpg

Wonderful wonderful Shira Princess of Power! You are a class act and you will be missed. Looking forward to seeing you take Australia (yes, the country and the continent) by storm. You were an awesome boss and are an even more awesome person. Your love and passion for Community and specifically our BIC'ers is inspirational. And you give great costume. 

xoxo from Seattle (hi guys!),

Candace 

Love you madly, @candacebt

@ShiraBT I am so excited for your family on this big adventure! What a huge move! So sad to see you go though! You are a wonderful part of our community and it has been so great getting to see your personality shine through in all your posts and interactions with us! Thank you for being a great connection, for listening to all our concerns, helping us sort through this transition, and for being as cute as a button! 
Image result for funny hug gif

Just wanted to add a quick badge for you @ShiraBT!

ShiraBT.png

Best wishes to you and your family, @ShiraBT! I hope that Australia is an amazing adventure for all of you! We'll miss you bunches! 

How exciting for you and your family!  I wish you all the best of luck with everything, it sounds like an exciting adventure awaits!  It was so wonderful getting to meet & get to know you.  Thank you for all the work and time you put into BIC @ShiraBT.  Come back and visit!

Image result for bon voyage gif

@michelleshops I know you will keep the culture of the BIC where it needs to be. The pleasure is mine!

Good luck on your new adventure @ShiraBT! Have a blast down-under.

@ShiraBT Good luck! We'll miss you! Thanks for all you've done for us ❤️

@ShiraBT Thanks for being part of the community. Good luck on your next adventure and you will be missed ! 🙂

@ShiraBT OH WOW! What an amazing opportunity and adventure! We will miss you here, definitely pop on in from time to time, we'd all still love to hear from you even without the BT in your name 🙂 Best of luck and well wishes down in Australia! 

@ShiraBT Wooow what an amazing life change!! I know few people who moved to Australia and they love it there so I hope you’ll enjoy it as well. Don’t forget to wear lots of sunscreen down under!! Good luck with everything and thank you for all your hard work here in our beauty heaven❤️🦄

Conversation Stats
Photos15
  • All y'all gorgeous community members. I loved meeting you!
  • @brendabt made us plants with the "dry skin" icon
  • This power packed Sephora digital team worked so hard on Community
  • I go berzerk for the Warriors with my makeup
  • The team previewed FENTY Stunna and was the first image on the product page!
  • The Dream Team at BeautyCon last summer
  • What our desks actually look like: a mess!
  • @Alexabt makes her Sephora BIC debut with a wild lip post
  • I got to hang out with @michelleshops at our March 5th Ave event
  • After 18 months, @katiebt finally teaches this old dog how to "smize"
  • A highlight has been getting to know and admire Sephora execs like Bindu Shah and Calvin MacDonald
  • bcd9e57b64249497ec22fe80d5f0e018.gif
  • IMG_5594.jpg
  • ShiraBT.png
testing