Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Young people doing makeup?

Teens and even younger had started to fall in love with makeup and some are amazing at it! Anyways I’m a young teen and have fell in love with makeup and I know I’m not the best and could use some helpful tricks! If you have any especially with the look please let me know!

Re: Young people doing makeup?

I think the makeup you did suits your skin tone and hair color.  Don't worry, if you love makeup, you'll definitely get better with practice! I know this from experience.

For eyeshadow, I suggest using an eyeshadow primer to really make the color pop and it also helps it stay in place.

You should also do your eyebrows and fill them in (not everyone has perfect, full eyebrows like my sister).  I use the Anastasia brow wiz that is a similar shade to my hair color.

When getting your foundation matched, don't just look for a color that matches your skin tone, but also for the coverage you want and take into consideration your skin type (oil, dry, etc.).

Buying good brushes really help your makeup look great.  I wish I invested in some good brushes earlier.  Don't forget to clean them regularly.

Always invest in the best products.  It doesn't mean empty your bank out for the most expensive items, it means invest in products that actually work for you.

Take extremely good care of your skin.  Wear sunscreen, wash and exfoliate your face, use moisturizers, toners, and serums.  This is probably the most important step and it helps your makeup look nicer with less products.

I HIGHLY recommend taking advantage of the free makeup classes at your local Sephora store.  The classes change every week so don't worry if the one you want to take isn't available right now

https://www.sephora.com/store-locations-events?tab=classes

RE: Re: Young people doing makeup?

Thanks so much for your response!
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos2
testing