Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Wrinkles acne and fine lines

What product would people recommend for smile lines forehead wrinkles and acne prone skin?

Re: Wrinkles acne and fine lines

Hi! I have been attending many of Dr. Barbara Sturms Skin School classes and I have learned that using retinol, vitamin c serums, and bha are actually way more harmful to your skin rather than helpful. I used to use retinol on my skin every night and it ended up drying out my skin and damaging the skin barrier function! -- wise words fro Dr. Sturm herself! 

Anyways, I have been using her Dr. Barbara Sturm Super Anti-Aging Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL and Dr. Barbara Sturm Night Serum 1.01 oz/ 30 mL for about a month now and I am loving how hydrated and firm my skin has become. I had really stubborn forehead wrinkles and they have improved tremendously in such a short amount of time. I love this whole line and would really recommend looking into it // also her skin schools (every wed. + they are free!)

Re: Wrinkles acne and fine lines

you probably want to consider using a product that contains vitamin A derivatives/ retinols. Retinols have anti aging effects, but also help with acne. If your acne is severe, you may need prescription strength retinoids ( retinoids usually prescription strength, and many retinols are not). The only prescription strength retinoid that is over the counter is Differin, which is available at drugstores. Other skincare ingredients that help with anti aging include aha/bha. Bha also helps with acne because it dissolves oils in pores. 

If you are considering using any of these active ingredients, make sure you are wearing sunscreen EVERYDAY because some active ingredients will make skin more photosensitive. Also these skincare ingredients in general will make the skin more dry, so make sure to use a hydrating serum/ moisturizer with them. 

One last thing, products with azelaic acid can help with acne, it has anti microbial properties without being an antibiotics. But the thing is, the studies that show that azelaic acid is effective against acne are on prescription strength. So not sure if over the counter ( such as one The Ordinary sells) is as effective. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing