Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

What was the first thing you ever bought at Sephora?

We are LOVING this video where @MyieshaBD  shares her first Sephora order from her teens. (Yes to owning every shade of Urban Decay’s glittery liners!!) And since your Sephora love runs deep, we thought this would be fun!

What was your first-ever purchase at Sephora

Re: What was the first thing you ever bought at Sephora?

I think somewhere in 2006 I bought the Cargo eye liners. It was a cute little set of 5 and had fun/everyday colors. It was great to bring around. 

The first product that I remember buying  was the Tarte inner rim liner in nude! That was back in 2014. I still have it lol. Tried to use it this morning, but it was a little dry! It definitely brightens up the eyes.

RE: What was the first thing you ever bought at Sephora?

My first purchase was Farsali Unicorn Essence, I’d been seeing it around social media and had to try it!
Anonymous Insider

Came out as transgender a few years ago but still didn't feel confident with makeup (or walking into a makeup store.) When Sephora started doing the transgender makeup classes last year I went to one of them in June. Got some Nars foundation which I still love (especially when on-the-go since i dont need my brushes for it.)firstmakeup.jpg

@Anonymous  I had no idea that Sephora does transgender makeup classes. That is SO awesome. Thanks for sharing!

My online account only goes as far back as 2010. But I know that my first purchase was in 2005 or 2006 when Sephora first opened in Toronto. Things I loved back then and probably at least one of them is from Sephora:

- Demeter fragrances

- Stila lip glaze

- Body butters (I for sure bought one of these body butter things at Sephora since it's SC)

Mine was the Urban Decay primer potion way back in the old solid plastic packaging. My sister "borrowed" it from me and I never got it back. I also got some kind of clinique foundation/CC/bb cream that has long since been discontinued, but I remember loving it!

Urban-Decay-Eye-shadow-Primer-Potion.jpg

I had that product in this packaging as well @elise222 When I ran out (and I hadn't used it consistently so it was a super old bottle) I went to Macy's to pick up a new one.  I couldn't remember the brand but describing the package gave the SA exactly the info she needed.  I love that product!

@sprocketta it's really good! I still use it and it helps shadow stay on my oily lids.

@elise222  I remember these days! I had a mini in this packaging too!

The first thing I purchased was the LANO 101 Ointment Multipurpose Superbalm! I just bought it last year, and still use it. It's been THE best thing for my lips; no more going through several crappy lip balms that damage my lips rather than heal them. 

I am super unsure about this.  I only recently got into makeup heavily in 2017, I think.  I had kept all my shopping to Macy's counters.  I know I was looking at the Sephora website and posting.  A friend took me to a store when I was visiting her in 2017.  I had an insider account, so I know I purchased something at Sephora before this point, but for the life of me I cannot remember what.  The 2017 trip with my friend included a purchase of the Buxom lip gloss in Dolly.  I had looked at a Give me More Lip sampler and loved the Dolly on me.  I tried it and then bought one of them.  By the time we left the mall my lips were tingling terribly and I was extremely uncomfortable.  I turned around and returned it right away.  Even makeup remover taking of the lip gloss didn't take that tingling away.  I don't hold that against Sephora though.  I've spent plenty of money there since.  But I avoid Buxom products like the plague.

I must have been keeping this for sentimental purposes, but I found my first Sephora purchase (from probably 1999-2000) in an old GWP makeup bag. This is almost as good as the time I opened another old makeup bag and found my learner's permit, a Dior lipgloss (my first high end lip product purchase), and a few Gelly Roll glitter pens. 

38D315BC-6138-4380-8ED8-B83E8F8674D4.jpeg

lol @txcatx I loved those pens when they were big.  One of my co-workers has a stash of them at her desk now.  I also received a lot of handwritten notes from an ex who loved writing with those pens, so that takes me back.

I really wish Lorac would come back to Sephora @txcatx ! I bought so much of it. I loved their foundation and primer. And they had a shimmery powder/highlight called “In the Spotlight” that was to die for. I bought the Unzipped palette there too. Since the brand has been gone I think I’ve only bought the first Pro Palette and some eye primer - both of which I loved - but I just tend to buy so much of my beauty products through Sephora. 

Me tooo! Tantalizer Deep for Body is still a fav of mine!

I remember the first time I ever walked into a Sephora. I bought something along the lines of this: https://www.sephora.com/product/jumbo-liner-12hr-wear-waterproof-P284507?skuId=1311067

I want to say it was in 2011 but I can't be sure.. 

Hi Everyone,

The first thing I ever bought was the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation, now known as the MAKE UP FOR EVER - Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation. I also bought the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil PerversionStill a classic and is so pigmented and creamy. So many good items and now I may or may not have a shopping problem. 😉

Best Wishes,

Janean

What was the first thing you ever bought at Sephora?

One big purchase. Summer 2006 purple UD eyeshadow, UD eyeshadow primer, a really really pretty gold glitter eyeshadow click & swipe pen that my bff hated ( might've been by Stila) Stila lip gloss, & Lorac foundation ( I don't thing u guys even carry that brand anymore).

First thing I ever bought is NARS - Blush - Orgasm

still use it all the time too!!

3 Replies
testing