Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

What was the first thing you ever bought at Sephora?

We are LOVING this video where @MyieshaBD  shares her first Sephora order from her teens. (Yes to owning every shade of Urban Decay’s glittery liners!!) And since your Sephora love runs deep, we thought this would be fun!

What was your first-ever purchase at Sephora

Re: What was the first thing you ever bought at Sephora?

It was the holiday Sephora into the stars palette. I am not counting it because it reminded me of Claires. Besides that, it was the Tartelette in Bloom palette.

Well I don't live in the US and we don't have a sephora in my country so I could only get my stuff online and a friend would bring them to me when she traveled, I was getting into youtube and saw everyone raving about the NARS sheer glow and NARS radiant creamy concealer, so I online-guessed my shade with my MAC match as a reference and I was sooo happy with those products they now remain staples in my collection 🙂 

Then when I first visited a sephora store I went crazy haha I purchased the MUFE ultra hd foundations, both stick and liquid, the born this way naturally radiant concealer, hangover rx primer, porefessional primer, BTS mascara, some KVD lock it creme concealer, laura mercier silk creme foundation, NARS blush and dolce vita lipstick and UD naked skin foundation 

The first few items that I purchased were Philosophy Pure Grace perfume and Make Up Forever HD Liquid Foundation. I still love the smell of Pure Grace. 

@KatieBT I can't recall for sure, but I'm pretty sure it was a Bare Minerals intro set. I would have been in highschool looking for some low-key makeup. (And I do remember shopping in Sephora to pick it out!)

I also remember fairly early on buying some Tarina Tarantino products. 

The earliest record I can find of an online receipt is for the Bobbi Brown Navy & Nude Eye Palette Navy & Nude Eye Palette in 2013. That's where I learned to love navy eye makeup!

Omg I forgot about Tarina Tarantino! I still have the eye shadows somewhere...Remember when Temptalia loved them so much?

I still have a Tarina Tarantino lipstick that I was trying to dupe!  Holy smokes @lachaton that's a throwback! 

Did Sephora re-introduce Juice Beauty into their product selection? I haven’t seen it online these past years until now @byme4u 

Oh good to know! I was curious about their line, but wasn’t sure what was good. I’ll definitely read more about the eye treatment. Thanks @byme4u 🤗

Ha. Remember when the 500pt perk sets had one full size item in it? Those were the days!!

I used to buy Juice Beauty through Sephora as well @byme4u . They had a nice oil moisturizer, long before I had ever heard of people using oils on their face. They also had (maybe still have) an apple enzyme peel that would burn the skin right off my face and I LOVED it! Oooh it was wickedly strong. 

Benifit's hoola bronzer! I still remember purchasing it after high school graduation and took it with me to college

@sysysysysy That was not my first purchase but that going to get the BENEFIT COSMETICS - Hoola Matte Bronzer was definitely one of my early trips to Sephora 🙂 I was OBSESSED with it and still love it today!

Best,
Rebecca

I've always been a store shopper vs an online shopper and I can remember one of my first trips to Sephora (hard to know if it was THE first) was for nail polish. This was 20+ years ago so hard to know the brand, but I'm going to go ahead and guess it was sparkly and colorful. It was the 90s!

In terms of online orders, I only ever refill online standard recurring orders, so I'm thinking it was probably ORIGINS - Zero Oil™ Deep Pore Cleanser.

I've been using it for years on my oily t zone. Shout out to the donuts!

I can't remember my first Sephora purchase but I know pretty early on I bought those dual-ended Tarte lip glosses named after famous couples.  I might have collected them all....I also bought the Cargo (remember that brand?) lip gloss in Bora Bora and a retractable lip brush.  Whew, flashbacks!

Image result for tarte dual ended lip gloss

@michelleshops yes I remember these! I think I had a few. I also remember juice beauty brand

I remember when I was around 15, I started finding out more about makeup by watching YouTube channels. On my 16th birthday my mom took me to the mall and let me get something from MAC and Sephora which was big deal because she really didn’t purchase too much high end make up for herself. I remember everyone raving about NARS lip lacquers so I got one in Chelsea Girls along with a Sephora lip brush.F32B8EB2-A9FE-4B52-A45E-887771D17FA7.jpeg

@KatieBT that video was so much fun, I love that the Smashbox trios are still around! 

My first purchase was a mini 3 piece clinique skincare set 😀 I was determined to kick my acne to the curb.

I think my first purchase was a stila lip glaze. I used to love clicking it up, and definitely wasted a ton of product because there would almost always be too much on the brush.

@skcfan  I totally forgot about those. I used to wear those all the time! 

Sephora came to my area in 1998.  It was a 30 minute drive to the big mall, but it was worth it!  I remember reading about Sephora's in my local newspaper, and Bazaar magazines and then feeling elated when I learned our location was one of the first in the us.  😎 .That being said, it was literally over 20 years ago so I have no idea what my first purchase was.  It could have been an urban decay shadow in the token style packaging -- mildew, or it could've been this Dior cake eyeliner duo in a maroon and crimson combo.  It could also have been the Stila powder foundation in 20 watts.  I had that compact (not the same powder obviously) for about a decade before I finally retired it.  

I still have all the ud glitter liners. 🤣 Not all of them are in the old packaging though... Just some!

testing